OMG the boat sank...

Saiy.Y

Congrats on your lovely car and enjoy it in good health

Thanks everyone. Has anyone done the SF to LA drive recently with the Big Sur route 1 closures? Any advice for fun routes around the closure without navigating back to main highways?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous....the black with terra emilia is awesome. I really like that interior color!

That steering wheel come stock with the alcantara at the top? A good look, but of course you don't want it to wear if you're not driving with gloves.

An SV in SF....what more could you want? :icon_super:

I know, my issue is with contrast, very aggressive hard exterior but in contrast the interior is soft and cushy IMO those elements clash being a Roadster it further accentuates it because you can see the whole interior when the roof is down but the car is yours and my opinion is just that, another opinion, take care and enjoy.

I think I know what you're saying.

With that interior color I'd probably go dark blue like VBUG's AV. I remember liking that type of color combo on the old Qvale Mangusta from back in the day.

Hard to find a good contrast shot, this was the best I could find.

I'm a sucker for red/burgundy interior, and best paired either white or black........for the SV, I'd go black.

Of course this is nitpicking and often times fleeting. Picking color combos must be really hard for lucky buyers!!

post-1098-1495037141.jpg

Love that color combo. Congrats . Some tints and the roof on it doesn't even matter. I'd much rather live seeing that interior color everyday than a bland black.

Might be wrong on this but you cannot drive the best part of highway 1 thru big Sur because of the Road closure. The 395 is a fantastic and under rated drive imo going north to Tahoe. To do the 1 you'd have to cut across from Monterey to 101 and then cut back in at some point maybe through the 46 . Which is not bad. But you miss the best highway 1 driving and only a couple of miles until you're forced back on 101. But you could also drive up north to big Sur. See how far you can get. And turn around. I think Lucia furthest you can go right now.

Gorgeous....the black with terra emilia is awesome. I really like that interior color!

That steering wheel come stock with the alcantara at the top? A good look, but of course you don't want it to wear if you're not driving with gloves.

An SV in SF....what more could you want? :icon_super:

Thanks. The steering wheel is the upgraded factory option that is a combination of alcantara and perforated leather. Ad Personem allowed me to change the upper center leather piece to terra emilia and added the terra emilia stitching. I will take some better close ups this week of the interior details.

Love that color combo. Congrats . Some tints and the roof on it doesn't even matter. I'd much rather live seeing that interior color everyday than a bland black.

Might be wrong on this but you cannot drive the best part of highway 1 thru big Sur because of the Road closure. The 395 is a fantastic and under rated drive imo going north to Tahoe. To do the 1 you'd have to cut across from Monterey to 101 and then cut back in at some point maybe through the 46 . Which is not bad. But you miss the best highway 1 driving and only a couple of miles until you're forced back on 101. But you could also drive up north to big Sur. See how far you can get. And turn around. I think Lucia furthest you can go right now.

Thanks for the details. Yea, I have heard its a huge stretch that is out which is really to bad since it is a great drive. I guess I will have to cut over to 101 then for part of it.

I think I know what you're saying.

With that interior color I'd probably go dark blue like VBUG's AV. I remember liking that type of color combo on the old Qvale Mangusta from back in the day.

Hard to find a good contrast shot, this was the best I could find.

I'm a sucker for red/burgundy interior, and best paired either white or black........for the SV, I'd go black.

Of course this is nitpicking and often times fleeting. Picking color combos must be really hard for lucky buyers!!

Picking combos is the hardest thing when you place an order.

I like both the interior and the exterior but not for the SV, the standard A pulls it off much better, the SV design is too aggressive, maybe if she had the proper seats rather than sofas, that would've brought some sportiness to the inside.

Picking combos is the hardest thing when you place an order.

I like both the interior and the exterior but not for the SV, the standard A pulls it off much better, the SV design is too aggressive, maybe if she had the proper seats rather than sofas, that would've brought some sportiness to the inside.

?? You lost me on that one

On a standard AV, it's nice to have some creature comfort such as comfort seats, supple leather and glovebox etc... A Super Veloce is supposedly a hardcore, no compromise and thorough bred sports car that's ready for track and carries a special purpose; that performance is key at some expense of luxury. To spec a hardcore car with leather, comfort seats, a glovebox etc... somewhat defeats the purpose of a SV. To each its own though as everyone has their own preferences. Their cars, their specs and their way of acquisition and enjoyment so just saying.

On a standard AV, it's nice to have some creature comfort such as comfort seats, supple leather and glovebox etc... A Super Veloce is supposedly a hardcore, no compromise and thorough bred sports car that's ready for track and carries a special purpose; that performance is key at some expense of luxury. To spec a hardcore car with leather, comfort seats, a glovebox etc... somewhat defeats the purpose of a SV. To each its own though as everyone has their own preferences. Their cars, their specs and their way of acquisition and enjoyment so just saying.

:icon_thumleft: :iamwithstupid:

In addition to what VCR said (thank you VCR) I think the color and materials chosen clash with the aggressiveness of the SV exterior but if not specced in a SV I do not mind the interior combo, for example in a standard Roadster with a light color exterior, perhaps white, that elegant interior would work very well IMO.

Saiy.Y's SV exterior is hard and aggressive but the interior is soft and elegant IMO those elements clash.

I hope this is clearer for you sorry for the confusion :icon_thumleft:

No offense, but why is it necessary to post negative comments about someones car that they are obviously excited about and from what I recall, did not ask for

opinions. That's what you do before you pick out the car. Deflating her balloon would be the last thing I would do. No one is an expert on colors except the person

buying it for themselves. My gosh, the car is stunning in every way.

I wonder if you could find someone who makes red anodized center lock nuts. I like the red calipers and that you did the red springs in the engine bay, just feel like it needs one or two more little tiny things. It is amazing how big those cars are. My Aventador experience is limited, but I did enjoy it when I drove one. It didn't seem as big as it was. It was also very nimble.

Always nice to trick out your car with little details like this!

Always nice to trick out your car with little details like this!

Totally agree. I will start to make some touches here over time. i was at the David Lee event with the SVR yesterday in LA and it was so nice to see the variety of specs, colors and combinations on the various SV coupes and roadsters and how these reflect each person's own tastes.

No offense, but why is it necessary to post negative comments about someones car that they are obviously excited about and from what I recall, did not ask for

opinions. That's what you do before you pick out the car. Deflating her balloon would be the last thing I would do. No one is an expert on colors except the person

You ask for the logic behind my opinion then you criticize me when I give it to you, as I said in my post, it's my opinion only and it should not detract from the car, you haven't been on LP long enough to understand that we have no issues expressing our true and correct views rather than just brainlessly congratulating someone into oblivion.

This is her first Lambo, constructive criticism is always beneficial when it comes to speccing your car because lots of factors have to be taken into consideration, so rather than you seeing the negative side of things why don't you consider the positive aspect of it? I certainly would.

You ask for the logic behind my opinion then you criticize me when I give it to you, as I said in my post, it's my opinion only and it should not detract from the car, you haven't been on LP long enough to understand that we have no issues expressing our true and correct views rather than just brainlessly congratulating someone into oblivion.

This is her first Lambo, constructive criticism is always beneficial when it comes to speccing your car because lots of factors have to be taken into consideration, so rather than you seeing the negative side of things why don't you consider the positive aspect of it? I certainly would.

:iamwithstupid:

[/quote

True I'm just a 100 post guy so I should just stay quiet. I've owned 11 Lambos.

She has already purchased the car. Are you giving her your advice so she will

do better next time? Just curious as to your opinions and to what Benifit it will

serve her. I'm not trying to undermine your long time status on this car site.

I apologize if I came across that way. Is that your blue car on your avatar?

Are all the other members that posted they like the car brainless like me?

I hope not. Seems like some very respectful guys based on my observation.

Your car is beautiful btw. I have a Boss mustang the same color. One of my

favorites!

Definition of forum from the Merriam-Webster Distionary:

plural forums also foraplay \ˈfȯr-ə\

a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business

b : a public meeting place for open discussion

c : a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

2 : a judicial body or assembly : court

a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion

b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Last time I checked, this is a public car forum and thus her posts as well as others are subjected to open discussions and expression of ideas. A disclaimer mentioning being her car, her specs and her way of acquisition and enjoyment has already been included. OP also had a false start claiming certain ownership of her other car. As others had said, this is her first Lambo. All that cultivated into us being more critical on her. Many posts had already said one needs thick skin to survive here. One makes a post; one is subjected to praise and criticism alike. If one dislikes that, don't post.

And btw, you are not the only one who had owned 11 Lamborghini's. You weren't the first and you certainly won't be the last.

No need to quibble. Fortis was just giving an opinion. I don't think Sai was bothered by it.

End of the day if Sai is happy and her sister is happy with 1000 selfies then it doesn't matter.

Definition of forum from the Merriam-Webster Distionary:

plural forums also foraplay \ˈfȯr-ə\

a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business

b : a public meeting place for open discussion

c : a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

2 : a judicial body or assembly : court

a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion

b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Last time I checked, this is a public car forum and thus her posts as well as others are subjected to open discussions and expression of ideas. A disclaimer mentioning being her car, her specs and her way of acquisition and enjoyment has already been included. OP also had a false start claiming certain ownership of her other car. As others had said, this is her first Lambo. All that cultivated into us being more critical on her. Many posts had already said one needs thick skin to survive here. One makes a post; one is subjected to praise and criticism alike. If one dislikes that, don't post.

And btw, you are not the only one who had owned 11 Lamborghini's. You weren't the first and you certainly won't be the last.

Take it easy friend. If you are going to put this much time into this then carry the torch! Bravo! You have more time than I do. Its a car forum, haha