The 8000th Huracan great milestone

a007apl

I love these cars. I think Lamborghini did an extraordinary job with the Huracan. The Gallardo was a very cool car at the time, but it was too Audi-esque in my opinion and wasn't aggressive enough on the styling. I know that again, the R8 and Huracan are practically the same car, but the lines on this car capture so much of that Lamborghini feeling. If set up right, I feel like this car carries almost as much presence as an Aventador. That said, I know Lamborghini will definitely build way more of these than the Gallardo. I wonder what will happen to Gallardo values in time and I wonder how far these cars will depreciate, especially when the facelift model and the Performante start to flow out of the factory.

Just amazing to think that in 8000 cars in such a short period of time.

This is one of those ironic "great" news that one "hates" to know. As Lambo Power's members, of course we love the brand being successful. But with such volume, it's also diluting the exotic factor of the brand. Lamborghini is going down the same path as Porsche. And we knew already that the Urus will water it down further. It's still legendary no doubt but the mystique and the exclusivity factors are diminishing by the day. Yes, market dictates and the shareholders need to be happy; that's the inevitable truth. Happy for their success but I cannot help but feel a tad sad at the same time.

This is one of those ironic "great" news that one "hates" to know. As Lambo Power's members, of course we love the brand being successful. But with such volume, it's also diluting the exotic factor of the brand. Lamborghini is going down the same path as Porsche. And we knew already that the Urus will water it down further. It's still legendary no doubt but the mystique and the exclusivity factors are diminishing by the day. Yes, market dictates and the shareholders need to be happy; that's the inevitable truth. Happy for their success but I cannot help but feel a tad sad at the same time.

14,022 gallardos in a decade of production. 8000 Huracan over half of that in 3 years

Feeling the same. It's great they've increased production and are becoming more profitable and successful but the diluting of the brand is taking off

I still think the numbers are extremely low when compared to the world population, what I think the major contributor to the sense of less exclusivity factor is social media, you are being bombarded daily with photos, news, reports and reviews of luxury items, lots of in your face posing going on LOL.

To be honest I've become so desensitized to seeing Lamborghini photos that I don't even want to look at them any more because it doesn't spark my interest any longer, which is sad, having said that I can not actually remember when I saw one in the wild without being part of some organized cruise or event.

Damn I think I might be losing interest in cars, the excitement is just about gone TBH :(

^I agree that social media plays a dominant role. But it's also regional. At some places, nobody will care what drives by be they Lambos, Ferrari's, Macs and Astons, Porsches, Rolls and Bentley's are almost as common as Toyota Corollas. Everyone sees them so often that they are just part of the traffic norm.

I hate to admit it but I too started to find the car scene a bit boring. Again, put the blame on social media as the carparazzi's are being a PITA.

I feel the Huracan is played out. Too many variants and god knows how many more are planned before the H is replaced.

I also read a quote from the Lambo CEO few weeks ago who said they're looking at the possibility to build a "entry level" car probably similar to the 540c. :eusa_doh:

Just amazing to think that in 8000 cars in such a short period of time.

For comparison sake, about 7200 Testarossas were manufactured between '84-'91. And back about 20 years ago that was considered a mass produced exotic.

I feel the Huracan is played out. Too many variants and god knows how many more are planned before the H is replaced.

I also read a quote from the Lambo CEO few weeks ago who said they're looking at the possibility to build a "entry level" car probably similar to the 540c. :eusa_doh:

I still remember seeing my first H after arriving in Singapore after my Diego stint, back when they were pretty new. They definitely still are special and not overproduced IMO. But there will come a time when they will be.

As for an entry level Lambo, they could go the Ferrari/Dino route and badge it "Tonino".

I still think the numbers are extremely low when compared to the world population, what I think the major contributor to the sense of less exclusivity factor is social media, you are being bombarded daily with photos, news, reports and reviews of luxury items, lots of in your face posing going on LOL.

To be honest I've become so desensitized to seeing Lamborghini photos that I don't even want to look at them any more because it doesn't spark my interest any longer, which is sad, having said that I can not actually remember when I saw one in the wild without being part of some organized cruise or event.

Damn I think I might be losing interest in cars, the excitement is just about gone TBH :(

^I agree that social media plays a dominant role. But it's also regional. At some places, nobody will care what drives by be they Lambos, Ferrari's, Macs and Astons, Porsches, Rolls and Bentley's are almost as common as Toyota Corollas. Everyone sees them so often that they are just part of the traffic norm.

I hate to admit it but I too started to find the car scene a bit boring. Again, put the blame on social media as the carparazzi's are being a PITA.

It's just too much, too accessible.

I can barely do cars & coffee for mainly that reason (and also, waking up early on Saturday is not my forte).

comparing Lambo to Porsche? no way...

Why not? They are cousins under the VAG umbrella. Ok, Porsche is in the sports car segment while Lambo is in the exotics, but look at the 911-Boxster/Cayman-Cayenne line up and compare that with the Aventador-Huracan-Urus line up; now add the CGT-918 vs. the Reventon-Centenario and a pattern emerges. If Lambo does a 2+2, (vs. Porsche's Panamera) then it's outright obvious. And looks aside; although Porsche has its own iconic styling too; let's concede that Porsche's are actually the better engineered cars.

Why not? They are cousins under the VAG umbrella. Ok, Porsche is in the sports car segment while Lambo is in the exotics, but look at the 911-Boxster/Cayman-Cayenne line up and compare that with the Aventador-Huracan-Urus line up; now add the CGT-918 vs. the Reventon-Centenario and a pattern emerges. If Lambo does a 2+2, (vs. Porsche's Panamera) then it's outright obvious. And looks aside; although Porsche has its own iconic styling too; let's concede that Porsche's are actually the better engineered cars.

Is a Porsche GT3 RS, as an example, actually better engineered than a Huracan Performante?

Is a Porsche GT3 RS, as an example, actually better engineered than a Huracan Performante?

I'll answer your Q the way you expected it to be answered. :icon_mrgreen:

Judging from your signature, perhaps you can tell us in due course.

60k Boxster vs a Huracan?? come on... I tried a few times to buy a Porsche, I always leave with a no desire to have one feeling... except the 918.. :)

60k Boxster vs a Huracan?? come on... I tried a few times to buy a Porsche, I always leave with a no desire to have one feeling... except the 918.. :)

Ok, if you are comparing quantity, yes, fair enough. :) But it sure looks like Lamborghini is following the same business model as Porsche and if Lambo has the capacity to produce more cars, quite sure they would.

And I am not too much of a Porsche fan either...barring the 918. :turboalex:

When Lamborghini offers a car starting at $52k or anywhere near that then I would agree, to me the lack of design progression is annoying with Porsche... they all basically look the same over the years....

Ok, if you are comparing quantity, yes, fair enough. :) But it sure looks like Lamborghini is following the same business model as Porsche and if Lambo has the capacity to produce more cars, quite sure they would.

And I am not too much of a Porsche fan either...barring the 918. :turboalex: