The upcoming eclipse

Redlambo

And most will be from CA, does that piss you off even more? lol jk

You should sit at a freeway overpass in a lawnchair and flip everyone off all day.

Honestly I'm not one of the types who shakes my fist at people for moving here from cali. My largest concern is that there's going to be too much traffic, too many accidents, and people are going to cause even more forest fires than we've already been dealing with.

But I mean.... sitting in a lawn chair flipping people off on the overpass with a cigar and scotch sounds pretty good.

20840818_467241560306983_7848829264993214683_n.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hey, I take back my previous comment about the glasses. Expensive and back ordered on amazon and also basically non existant anywhere else that I tried, but I walked into 7-11 and they had plenty just $3 each. Most places I called just laughed when I asked. Nice to stroll in for a 6 pack and then Gomer Pyle moment...surprise surprise surprise.

36617035785_1ae2524eba_b.jpgIMG_6253 by JanDaMan, on Flickr

36617035395_d10c200ab4_b.jpgIMG_6254 by JanDaMan, on Flickr

But I mean.... sitting in a lawn chair flipping people off on the overpass with a cigar and scotch sounds pretty good.

20840818_467241560306983_7848829264993214683_n.jpg

In Salem, Oregon the eclipse starts at 9:05am PST and Totality occurs at 10:17 am PST.

Scotch and a cigar is a pretty hardcore breakfast my friend. :wacko:

My parents live in the perfect path in Oregon and said their small town is experiencing a massive influx of tourists that they can't handle. People asked to park their trailers in my parents driveway

My parents live in the perfect path in Oregon and said their small town is experiencing a massive influx of tourists that they can't handle. People asked to park their trailers in my parents driveway

My parents live in prineville, and that's what's happening there. People have nowhere to stay, so many are simply parking on the sides of the highway for miles to come.

Traffic jam last night on the highway through the town was 14 miles long.

What the hey, I take back my previous comment about the glasses. Expensive and back ordered on amazon and also basically non existant anywhere else that I tried, but I walked into 7-11 and they had plenty just $3 each. Most places I called just laughed when I asked. Nice to stroll in for a 6 pack and then Gomer Pyle moment...surprise surprise surprise.

36617035785_1ae2524eba_b.jpgIMG_6253 by JanDaMan, on Flickr

36617035395_d10c200ab4_b.jpgIMG_6254 by JanDaMan, on Flickr

Dammit. I didn't even try that! Had ordered on Amazon but they were showing Tuesday delivery, so I cancelled and spent 50 on ebay to get 2 pairs overnighted. Oh well.

My parents live in prineville, and that's what's happening there. People have nowhere to stay, so many are simply parking on the sides of the highway for miles to come.

Traffic jam last night on the highway through the town was 14 miles long.

My folks are in mcminnville and are going to the evergreen museum for some event there. They are moving across town and someone asked if they could stay in the empty house they are renting while they settle in the new place they just bought.

Dammit. I didn't even try that! Had ordered on Amazon but they were showing Tuesday delivery, so I cancelled and spent 50 on ebay to get 2 pairs overnighted. Oh well.

Damn that's some markup, but at least now you save your eyesight. Although 7-11 was cheap, I still wish I had the vision to work on getting 10,000 pair a year ago. Could have used another free Murci, but that's good old hindsight.

Just a bit of a Lambopower public safety announcement here so nobody gets burned here literally (meaning your eyes).

Eclipse glasses alternatives? Most welders lenses not suitable for viewing safely.

According to the NASA total eclipse website, a shade 14 welding lens is the only lens adequate for viewing the eclipse.

Many local welding companies, including Airgas and Holston Gasses, have already sold out of the higher-shade lenses. A lens with lesser shading will not be adequate to protect the eyes.

Shades 10 or 11 are no good, lens most commonly selected for welding is a shade 10 or 11.

welding supply companies usually don't stock a 14 unless ordered, the lens most commonly selected for welding is a shade 10 or 11.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-...fely/578679001/

I am sure that a good many may have welding glasses as we are car people and car people have stuff like that.

I until this morning was not aware that typical welding shields may not be sufficient to watch an eclipse safely.

Just a bit of a Lambopower public safety announcement here so nobody gets burned here literally (meaning your eyes).

Eclipse glasses alternatives? Most welders lenses not suitable for viewing safely.

According to the NASA total eclipse website, a shade 14 welding lens is the only lens adequate for viewing the eclipse.

Many local welding companies, including Airgas and Holston Gasses, have already sold out of the higher-shade lenses. A lens with lesser shading will not be adequate to protect the eyes.

Shades 10 or 11 are no good, lens most commonly selected for welding is a shade 10 or 11.

welding supply companies usually don't stock a 14 unless ordered, the lens most commonly selected for welding is a shade 10 or 11.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-...fely/578679001/

I am sure that a good many may have welding glasses as we are car people and car people have stuff like that.

I until this morning was not aware that typical welding shields may not be sufficient to watch an eclipse safely.

I'll stare directly if I want to, don't you tell me what to do! :lol2:

4500 acre fire surging, many residents of Sisters oregon being told to prepare for evacuation. Most of CO is engulfed in smoke and looks like we're near sunset. Eclipse may be fucked. Ironic people come here for the eclipse, and then carelessly cause forest fires that could drown it out entirely. FEMA now involved. They think the fire was caused by incorrect disposal of a cigarette but are still investigating as it could be other causes. Other smaller fires have already flared up and been put out.

Eclipse festival doomed for blotted out sky? Hard to tell.

I'll stare directly if I want to, don't you tell me what to do! :lol2:

Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun.

But mama, that's where the fun is!

4500 acre fire surging, many residents of Sisters oregon being told to prepare for evacuation. Most of CO is engulfed in smoke and looks like we're near sunset. Eclipse may be fucked. Ironic people come here for the eclipse, and then carelessly cause forest fires that could drown it out entirely. FEMA now involved. They think the fire was caused by incorrect disposal of a cigarette but are still investigating as it could be other causes. Other smaller fires have already flared up and been put out.

Eclipse festival doomed for blotted out sky? Hard to tell.

Of course that would happen

Ironic

Why are people so excited by this? I honestly don't get it. Is it cool? Sure I suppose but to drive hours on end to see it? I wouldn't drive across town to see it.

Why are people so excited by this? I honestly don't get it. Is it cool? Sure I suppose but to drive hours on end to see it? I wouldn't drive across town to see it.

Apparently important enough to trash our local parking lots, land, and start forest fires.

I think it's rad, don't get me wrong. I am going to try and snag pics with my telescope. But I'm pissed that so many people are so careless of our local area.

Local firefighters are saying it was caused by improper cigarette disposal but they're too busy fighting it to finish up the investigation.

http://katu.com/news/local/wildfire-near-s...me-eclipse-zone

Only recent fires we had caused by natural events were lightning over a week ago. I'd say 85% of the fires we see are carelessness. Improper cigarette disposal, people parking in high grass (cats lighting the grass on fire), sparks from trailers, all kinds of, "Seriously dude?" reasons.

That was very beautiful, rob.

So Kentucky is the the center of this. Hopkinsville will get a full eclipse.

This shit is ridiculous.

I saw a solar eclipse when I was six. Completely boring.

So Kentucky is the the center of this. Hopkinsville will get a full eclipse.

This shit is ridiculous.

I saw a solar eclipse when I was six. Completely boring.

Did you see a total eclipse or a partial? As in the video that Rob posted there is a big difference.

I have never seen a total eclipse, just a partial eclipse. I believe one of the most shocking or striking things is going to be the shadow of the moon coming towards you at mach 2. For my wife and I it is a thirty mile drive up the interstate to see roughly a 2 minute total eclipse, so I think its worth the drive.

Did you see a total eclipse or a partial? As in the video that Rob posted there is a big difference.

I have never seen a total eclipse, just a partial eclipse. I believe one of the most shocking or striking things is going to be the shadow of the moon coming towards you at mach 2. For my wife and I it is a thirty mile drive up the interstate to see roughly a 2 minute total eclipse, so I think its worth the drive.

Total.

These people are acting like it's witchcraft.