Unfuckingbelievable numbers from Tesla

derphurf

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope he will deliver. One question, are these deposits held in trust and the manufacturer only has access to it on delivering of the goods with your deposit earning interest in the mean time ? Do they have a sunset clause or can you call it back at anytime?

I think its very clear that Tesla will use these deposits (like the Model3 ones) to desperately try and sort out the problems with the Model3 production.

The legal clause I have seen quoted elsewhere is "We will not hold your Reservation Payment separately or in an escrow or pay interest on your Reservation payment"

Not sure of the US legal position but certainly in Europe you as an individual would probably be covered if you made the deposit using a credit card if/when they go bust

Also they have now basically admitted that even if production was all running they can only make 5,000 Model3/week

Thats a long way short of their breakeven point - the second production line will cost more billions more

I doubt they will ever make the truck or the Roadster (or even intend to) - as ever with Tesla its all just part of the publicity machine to try and line up investors for the $5billion of additional equity they will need to raise soon

Whats more thats just the money to keep them going - how much extra capital would they need to actually build the truck?

All those guys from Enron must be wondering how they didn't have Musk doing their PR - company would still be around :)

Drivetrain to 250 is easy. The regular model S does what, 130mph? A pretty simple solenoid actuated planetary gear setup could give it a 2nd gear that would easily get there.

I was thinking this too for a while. But not anymore.

It has 3 motors, for each rear tyre and one for fronts.

So it would need 3 gear boxes in total.

Remember it will have 10000Nm torque.

Anyone willing to bet how much having 3 gearboxes - that can take around 3333Nm of torque each - will add weight?

Answer: A shitton.

So it wont happen. It needs to have 4 times more power to get to the speed than current models but I forgot that those motors will be spinning also twice as fast, so in reality it will need really much power down low, so that even few percent would reach all the way to the highest engine speeds.

Elon/Tesla has access to rocket scientists and then some and he said they are using SpaceX technology in the roadster. While delivering promises on time isn't his forte, it seems that most do come about eventually putting the doubters in check. If the entire world just sat and didn't try things that are seemingly not possible, where would we be? I doubt he's just making up numbers without the engineering/research to back it up.

I think its very clear that Tesla will use these deposits (like the Model3 ones) to desperately try and sort out the problems with the Model3 production.

The legal clause I have seen quoted elsewhere is "We will not hold your Reservation Payment separately or in an escrow or pay interest on your Reservation payment"

Not sure of the US legal position but certainly in Europe you as an individual would probably be covered if you made the deposit using a credit card if/when they go bust

Also they have now basically admitted that even if production was all running they can only make 5,000 Model3/week

Thats a long way short of their breakeven point - the second production line will cost more billions more

I doubt they will ever make the truck or the Roadster (or even intend to) - as ever with Tesla its all just part of the publicity machine to try and line up investors for the $5billion of additional equity they will need to raise soon

Whats more thats just the money to keep them going - how much extra capital would they need to actually build the truck?

All those guys from Enron must be wondering how they didn't have Musk doing their PR - company would still be around :)

So literally free money he doesn’t need to give back if the proverbial hits the fan, that’s nonsense, here deposits get held in trusts until the contract gets settled.

Elon/Tesla has access to rocket scientists and then some and he said they are using SpaceX technology in the roadster. While delivering promises on time isn't his forte, it seems that most do come about eventually putting the doubters in check. If the entire world just sat and didn't try things that are seemingly not possible, where would we be? I doubt he's just making up numbers without the engineering/research to back it up.

Dwiggs had access to NASA technology and we all saw how that worked out for his LP2000SVTT.

:icon_mrgreen:

"For the first thousand customers, Tesla is offering the Founders Series Roadster, a limited-edition vehicle with all of the bells and whistles. To reserve a Founders Series, buyers must put down a $5,000 reservation, payable through a credit card, and wire the company $245,000 within 10 days to complete the reservation. Tesla’s reservation site states that reservations are not final until the wire transfer is received, and only 1,000 reservations will be available.

Reservations for regular Roadster models, which have a starting price of $200,000, will also require payment of $5,000, payable by credit card, and a $45,000 wire transfer, due in 10 days, with the balance due at delivery."

"For the first thousand customers, Tesla is offering the Founders Series Roadster, a limited-edition vehicle with all of the bells and whistles. To reserve a Founders Series, buyers must put down a $5,000 reservation, payable through a credit card, and wire the company $245,000 within 10 days to complete the reservation. Tesla’s reservation site states that reservations are not final until the wire transfer is received, and only 1,000 reservations will be available.

Reservations for regular Roadster models, which have a starting price of $200,000, will also require payment of $5,000, payable by credit card, and a $45,000 wire transfer, due in 10 days, with the balance due at delivery."

If I buy a Lamborghini they obviously ask for cash transfer but I always have to option of paying on credit card as long as I pay the 1-2% handling charge

If I was a buyer of a Roadster 1% sounds like a cheap bit of insurance on Tesla going bust over the next few year

However if Tesla were unwilling to let me pay by card (provided I covered their additional cost) then this would be a major red flag and you would have to wonder why

Damn, Elon Musk just changed his name to Horacio Pagani. :shock:

yea, that is troublesome, there is no way I'm shelling out $250k for 2 years to be part of the first 1000 cars, even the $50k doesn't sit right...

So literally free money he doesn’t need to give back if the proverbial hits the fan, that’s nonsense, here deposits get held in trusts until the contract gets settled.

Dwiggs had access to NASA technology and we all saw how that worked out for his LP2000SVTT.

You win the internet today! What ever happened with CTD and his SV project?

yea, that is troublesome, there is no way I'm shelling out $250k for 2 years to be part of the first 1000 cars, even the $50k doesn't sit right...

You money is safer with you and your family, cars come and go and there will always be something bigger and better, lately they seem to release something new daily, I can’t keep up with it LOL

Everytime I get on the net there is a new car I want :lol2:

Every time someone mentions NASA or rocket scientists I literally burst out laughing, people must think I am nuts but I can excuse them because they don’t know what I do LOL.

Every time someone mentions NASA or rocket scientists I literally burst out laughing, people must think I am nuts but I can excuse them because they don’t know what I do LOL.

:iamwithstupid:

Materials aside what technology is an electric powered car taking from a rocket? Its one thing to say you’ve got F1 technology in a road car (still a stretch) but a rocket?! They face completely different obstacles and challenges. Autopilot tech maybe?

Its interesting times that we live in - in all the years I've been trading I can never remember a major company (Tesla) or product (Bitcoin) when people become so emotional and so polarised

There is no half way house with Telsa/Bitcoin - its either a great future technology or a total fraud that will wipe out investors

Obviously I think both are worthless - but lets see

"Tesla replaced the main pack contactor to use Inconel instead of steel. Inconel is a space-grade superalloy well suited for extreme high-temperature environments. This superalloy is primarily used in the aerospace industry, and one of its more famous use is in the novel manufacturing process of SpaceX’s SuperDraco engine."

:iamwithstupid:

Materials aside what technology is an electric powered car taking from a rocket? Its one thing to say you’ve got F1 technology in a road car (still a stretch) but a rocket?! They face completely different obstacles and challenges. Autopilot tech maybe?

Wait a minute, you were at the launch and didn't you already pay them 50k there or did I hear wrong from the video and it was 5k?

Are they now asking for additional 245k for a car that was supposed to be costing 200k sharp? Sounds weird?

$5k on credit card at launch, then $45k or $245 due 10 days later... It's $250k for the founders (limited edition first 1000 cars) and $200k for the base model after the first 1000 cars...

Wait a minute, you were at the launch and didn't you already pay them 50k there or did I hear wrong from the video and it was 5k?

Are they now asking for additional 245k for a car that was supposed to be costing 200k sharp? Sounds weird?