C6 ZO6 + How do they do it!!! Amazing!

Spirit

I am NOT a POS fan at all... But I take my hat off to GM. They just created a SUPERCAR for $60+K... 0-150 in 17seconds... That beats everything but the F1 and Saleen S7... I'm speechless...

Motor Trend: (Oct. 2005) C6 Plastic mess-06”

0-60 in 3.6 sec.

Skidpad = 1.02 g

¼ mile: 11.5 sec. @ 127

Car & Driver (Oct 2005) “C6 Plastic mess-06”

0-60 in 3.6 sec.

0-100 in 7.9 sec.

0-150 in 17 sec.

Skidpad = 0.98g

¼ mile: 11.6 sec @ 125 MPH

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive performance specs, but GM still haven't grasped that "pleather" isn't a material for seats in a $75k car (not "60k+" btw), and "Indian Plastic" isn't the best choice for a dash... :lol:

I'll look forward to thousands of these "supercars" being three years old, in immaculate condition thanks to some anal POS owner wiping it down with a diaper each week, and for sale at $35k. Great bargains to ball up at a track and carelessly throw away like a cheap bic razor.

Will be interesting to see how Lingenfelter mods them though, the thought of taking that $35k Plastic mess-06 and throwing twin turbos on it and basically having an S7 TT for $85k is very tempting.

They are the largest auto manufacture in the world with 100 time's the money and resources that any supercar manufacture has. Instead of praising there accomplishment I cant believe it took them 25 years to get there flagship to compete.

0-150 in 17 secs... :shock:

0-Dash rattles, cracked pleather, 100 identical C6s at every stop light in 17 secs.... :shock:

PS - Any hillbilly POS fans that register on L-Power simply to pump the Plastic mess-06 into some sort of heroic car here are fine, no problems with that. But the second you get insulting, at all, or even if I decide I simply don't care for your tone, you are GONE.

This is our house. Respect it.

In our house, we can insult the piss out of that Fisher-Price plastic fantastic mobile if we choose. Don't think you can respond with equal vinegar and survive here.

Our house. Carry on.

0-Dash rattles, cracked pleather, 100 identical C6s at every stop light in 17 secs.... :shock:

I know it. Isn't it great? :mrgreen:

PS - Any hillbilly POS fans that register on L-Power simply to pump the Plastic mess-06 into some sort of heroic car here are fine, no problems with that. But the second you get insulting, at all, or even if I decide I simply don't care for your tone, you are GONE.

This is our house. Respect it.

In our house, we can insult the piss out of that Fisher-Price plastic fantastic mobile if we choose. Don't think you can respond with equal vinegar and survive here.

Our house. Carry on.

I am disrespecting it because I am in awe that the car did 0-150 faster than almost any production car on the market? Are you serious?

I am disrespecting it because I am in awe that the car did 0-150 faster than almost any production car on the market?  Are you serious?

Not at all, your posts so far are fine.

This was just a pre-emptive warning about how L-Power members will soon escalate their insults on the POS and its ownerbase as this thread grows, and POS owners will be tempted to similarly escalate their responses. Don't do it.

Not a message to you necessarily, I meant it as a message to future POS fans that will be arriving soon as this topic will no doubt attract them like flies.

I am disrespecting it because I am in awe that the car did 0-150 faster than almost any production car on the market?  Are you serious?

Not at all, your post was fine.

This was just a pre-emptive warning about how L-Power members will soon escalate their insults on the POS and its ownerbase as this thread grows, and POS owners will be tempted to similarly escalate their responses. Don't do it.

Not a message to you necessarily, I meant it as a message to future POS fans that will be arriving soon as this topic will no doubt attract them like flies.

That is fine. They can insult all they want. I can caareless what people say about the car. It will never take away the fact that it is one of the quickest cars on the market today.

Geesh, you guys are jumpy.. :mrgreen:

Geesh, you guys are jumpy.. :mrgreen:

Lot of prior experience...we've learned to have a quick trigger finger now when it comes to POS threads. :mrgreen:

The car's speed is pretty amazing, the fact that it's faster than any Ferrari besides the Enzo, and all Lamborghinis currently made, is admirable for sure.

But it's front-engined, which I hate the dynamics of (too high moment of interia as it rotates around its axis - translation: front engined cars have to move all that engine mass over the front wheels when you turn the wheel, just a feel thing), the materials from top to bottom are garbage, you see them literally everywhere, and their owners think it's some sort of "American Ferrari" in terms of status and heritage.

I like them as disposable toys, the fourth or fifth sportscar in a garage where the first three are Italian. Nothing more.

that's a hot 0-150...

how do i put this "subtly"?

Launches don't mean much...

I think the best spec is 50-150 :mrgreen: if you know what i mean. *insert flashing cop lights smiley-thing here*

Decent performance but i wouldnt pay the 65k asking price. Id rather wait until sometime after 07 when it drops in value to around 35kused. Then it will be the greatest bang for your buck.

that's a hot 0-150...

how do i put this "subtly"?

Launches don't mean much...

I think the best spec is 50-150 :mrgreen: if you know what i mean. *insert flashing cop lights smiley-thing here*

It's 50-150 time would be equally impressive. Has nothing to do with its launch, and everything to do with 500hp/500ft.lbs. in a 3,150lb. package.

When will we see a Lamborghini Murcielago GT ?  

Lighter, 700hp, and 2WD ?

Next summer and will probably not be 700hp 2WD.

our house !!!

in the middle of the street " our house in the middles of the street"!!!!

sorry I couldnt help it damn song stuck in my head I had to get it out

Wow. That is impressive as hell! I cannot wait for my issue.

One thing I still do not understand is why is my interior of my $34K 04 TL 3x nicer than the interior of a $55K 05 C6??? I think chevy got it 90% right with the C6, but the interior still has a ways to go. Nonetheless, I think the way things are going, the C6 will be my next ride. (not Plastic mess-06 yet...)

Chevy still hasn't gotten the interior right on any of its cars. I think the C5 POS was the first one that they really tried on. The C6 just doesn't give me that same "effort" feel into it. But damn they got the engine right again.

I still would not call this car a "supercar"

I'm not, it fails my own personal set of rules that I apply before a car can be considered along side a McLaren F1, or a CGT, or an Enzo. Performance alone doesn't cut it, or every Vortech Mustang jokey would be a "supercar" owner. :lol:

Supercar performance? Yes. Supercar? No.

SCVet00, i think Mako summed it up pretty well in that if youve been here long enough, youve seen almost EVERY thread that the C6 is mentioned in turn into a POS vs. Lamborghini pissing match. The POS guys come over here in flocks, as though there is ANY chance they can persuade a Lamborghini owner to sell their exotic and bring home a dime a dozen POS. :lol: In the end, it gets annoying fast. I dont think his post had anything to do with you, but like he said, more so of a warning to what is inevetibly going to happen.

I too, am amazed at the 0-150 in 17 seconds stats as well as the 0-60 sprint. :shock: That is damn impressive though matter WHAT brand you are loyal to! Definitely supercar performance at a bargain price. HOWEVER, as everyone else said, even if it can compete with one, it is still NOT a supercar, nor is it NEAR an exotics level. Sit in a C5 or C6 and then step into a Diablo, Murci or Gallardos interior and the difference presents itself. :)

I saw an 04' one owner fully loaded Plastic mess-06 for sale a week ago with 5K miles on it. The "asking" price was $40,999. My friend said he talked to the dealer about it, and 35-36k would take it home in a heartbeat. That price may get even lower if the car sits on the lot for another 2 months, because the dealership is NOT going to want to sit on a Plastic mess-06 all winter when there is a slim chance of selling it in northern NJ. The Vettes simply depreciate fast, and when the C6 Plastic mess-06 comes down in price, it would be one HELL of a fun car for anywhere near that price range! :mrgreen: