C6 ZO6 + How do they do it!!! Amazing!

Spirit

Maybe the "Blue Devil" will have this.  Otherwise I cannot see how they could justify a $100K price tag for basically a Plastic mess-06 + 5K supercharger.

Dave Hill mentioned the Blue Devil and said it's a fantasy at this point. There are no running prototypes, at all, and there are no plans at this moment to build any.

In the end, it was simply Lutz shooting his mouth off to create press.

Probably for the best. I cannot see too many people spending 100K for a POS. Of course, isn't the XLR-V $100K?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the "Blue Devil" will have this.  Otherwise I cannot see how they could justify a $100K price tag for basically a Plastic mess-06 + 5K supercharger.

Dave Hill mentioned the Blue Devil and said it's a fantasy at this point. There are no running prototypes, at all, and there are no plans at this moment to build any.

In the end, it was simply Lutz shooting his mouth off to create press.

Probably for the best. I cannot see too many people spending 100K for a POS. Of course, isn't the XLR-V $100K?

Its around 75k there is one parked at my local Caddillac Dealership but they want cash up front.

Its around 75k there is one parked at my local Caddillac Dealership but they want cash up front.

The XLR is $75K. The XLR-V is closer to $100K.

The XLR is $75K.  The XLR-V is closer to $100K.

We haven't talked about the XLR-V, and Caddy's pending doom in trying to sell a six-figure coupe, as it's not on the radar of most of our members.

Going to be brutal for dealers, sure hope they don't make many of them, because if they even sell a dozen I'll be shocked. They're a chihuahua barking at the Benz SL dragon. Not smart.

Probably a good car for the wife though once it's say two years old and has already depreciated below $50k.

The Blue Devil is now a running prototype. There is a picture of it on a track in the lastest Road and Track. It the issue with all the mega fast supercars, including tuner cars on the cover. They are now saying production is possiable, but are not takeing deposits as of yet.

The Blue Devil is now a running prototype.  There is a picture of it on a track in the lastest Road and Track.  It the issue with all the mega fast supercars, including tuner cars on the cover.  They are now saying production is possiable, but are not takeing deposits as of yet.

That picture, of a blue development mule POS at the Ring, is a stock Plastic mess-06 undergoing shakedown laps two months ago. AutoWeek also mislabelled it.

There is no Blue Devil:

Going to be brutal for dealers, sure hope they don't make many of them, because if they even sell a dozen I'll be shocked. They're a chihuahua barking at the Benz SL dragon. Not smart.

^nicely put. :)

I cant WAIT to see performance stats on the blue devil if they ever make it. That will definitely be one crazy fast car! :twisted:

Comparing a Corvette to a Lamborghini is like comparing Levi's and Armani :finga:

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! hb

The POS is a killer bargan. For 65k you can't have everything.  The interior is crap as most N/A cars are.  It does us Kevlar in its body panels..and the engine has  titianium con rods and other exotic goodies.  This POS uses pretty much the same materials that Lambo or Ferrari uses in their cars, yet for some reason people still find a reason to bash the car.  For some reason I think it just boils down to brand snobbery on both the Ferrari side aswell as the Lambo side.

Yes the POS is not a Lambo and its not trying to be.  What it is, is a car that offers a huge amount of performance for a fair price, and because of this, certain items, like the interior are not going to be very high up on the list of things to get right.

Look at cars like the F40, F50, even the Enzo..nobody would call the interiors in those cars pretty.  The Lotus Elese barly has carpet, but everybody loves that car, the Viper interior looks like it came straight from K-mart but knowbody complains about that car either..Why is it just the POS you guys harp on so much?  Is it the owners you don't like, or is it the fact that a car can indeed be built that it faster the Lambo's flagship for 65k and using the same materials thats got you upset?

You guys already know I love Lambo's and Ferrari's but come on folks lets not harp on little things like a crappy interior in a performace car!

Tom you are correct. I just felt they could offer a decent interior as an option. As far as I am concerned it would also be neat, to offer a stripped "Club Sport," type of interior in addition.

They can still maintain their market position of having the car placed three steps in front of a loaded Mustang, by having a cheap interior sold with the standard package.

(I had a 1990 Z51 L98 Corvette when they came out.) I also had a 1989 5.0 GT Conv, just before the Corvette). (Yes I had a 5.0 :lol: ) I can tell you without any biased opinion, that the Mustang had much higher quality leather by far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The interior of the Corvette looked and smelled like it was plastic (this included the seat). The Mustang that was MSRP'd at around 16.5K, actually smelled like leather.

With all the stupid and rediculous options offered by car companies, you would think they could offer someone a choice for a price. In addition I also feel the exotics need to offer REAL gauges as an option. This is also a big complaint that I have. I do not understand how the car builders do not offer REAL gauges as an option. Ever see the front panel of a 1965 350GT ? Those are REAL gauges. Almost everyone agrees that the Murcielago, could have done more than try to emulate the interior dash of the Honda Accord. They dropped the ball by forgetting the look and feel of the 6.0 interior. - The best modern interior around on a production car.

Hmmm a Club Sport interior...Ralph you are full of good ideas in this thread. They could have saved another 40lbs just by using kevlar recaros alone.

Both a CS interior and a Luxury interior would have been great. Ralph here's a Gold Star for the day. :mrgreen:

Craig

Don't forget about the Mother of Pearl 1930's style gauges, with brass bezels for the Murcielago RGT. :partyman: :prayer:

Their is an OPTION to buy !!!!!!!!

HOW MANY fcuking TIMES DO WE HAVE TO HASH THIS SUBJECT.

ENOUGH :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

HOW MANY fcuking TIMES DO WE HAVE TO HASH THIS SUBJECT.

ENOUGH

lol Dad just came in and slapped the shit out of us... :lol:

Very nice accomplishment indeed for POS. And a fitting thread to make a first post. Though, I didn't regiser to boost POS on a entirely different website, it was the Top Gear Murci-roadster review that got me snooping around. :mrgreen: