If someone rear-ended your Lambo (or other high $ car)

Grigio

What should my punishment be?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. I lied about my age when I joined

• Lifetime Ban
    • Suspension for the same amount of time I was here that I shouldnt have been
    • One month Suspension

Just to clarify one thing which could be easily mis-construed. I was not pushing for GBGallardo to be banned just pointing out the member and GB is clearly a top lad.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You PM'd me months back and asked me to explain myself. I told you I joined under 18 (which I knew was illegal) and hence posted under "my father" because I was not your typical kid lounging around here and didn't want to get booted...I had one goal in mind and that I did with the help of MANY members here, own a Lamborghini Gallardo.

RomanDad, I also PM'd you not long ago for legal advice on a website I had started and you helped me with that as well. You also posted in my WOOHOO thread saying impressive or that explains that or something...now you're acting as if you've never seen me before.

Sprite says, don't ban this IP it's his house :lol2:

Whoa.... Wait a second.... Thats NOT AT ALL what you said to me last year....

We have had an issue raised about your age.... How old are you?

I am 47. I keep the account logged in on our home computer and I do have a son. He looks at pictures and videos, but knows not to post. Was there something posted that I missed? I'll start to log out...I'm sorry if there was a problem and I'll review my posts?

Thanks

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=383702

Took me to the board index

my bad...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=383702

That was posted a long time ago and I must have never caught it.

I can tell you I am 47 and I own an independent car dealership here in PA. I've been looking to get a Gallardo for a year now and I've actually only been serious on 2...one of which you can read under my thread "My Experience at Interstate Motorsport" which turned into hell. I had a certified check in hand (which I jokingly sent a blurred pic to Allan the night before because he always hassled me about actually buying one). I'm a VIP member here as I feel I need to support the board for helping me in my search with a ton of great information although I still haven't made the jump as now I had to cover some other things before the toys.

Not sure how else I can prove myself around here...

Like I said, I will log out from now on as I know this board is not meant for those under 18. And it's almost 2AM here and I have to be up tomorrow morning...have a good night

Thanks again

Thats good enough for me.

As far as "never seeing you before".... I deal with thousands of members on here.... Some make an impression through their SNs, Avatars and posts.... Some dont.... We have dozens of SNs that are references to Gallardos and they all wash together.... So yeah, you didnt stand out.....

Had you said (as youre saying now) that your explanation was "You werent a typical kid", I would have said "Congratulations on that.... See you in two years when youre not a typical adult..."

Thats not at all what you said.... Now.... Is it?

You sure are standing out now..... And not in a good way.

Just to clarify one thing which could be easily mis-construed. I was not pushing for GBGallardo to be banned just pointing out the member and GB is clearly a top lad.

This is way beyond that right now.....

We're in "I want to hear from GBGallardo and ONLY GBGallardo" mode right now.

By your current explanation, youre implying that we had some sort of backroom deal..... that I made an exception to a rule for YOU..... An allegation that would COMPLETELY undermine my credibility as a moderator....

When in fact, all I did was BELIEVE the lie you told me?

GbGallardo.jpg

Had you said (as youre saying now) that your explanation was "You werent a typical kid", I would have said "Congratulations on that.... See you in two years when youre not a typical adult..."

And by doing that you would have changed my life forever. If it weren't for the people I met here I wouldn't have got my dream car, moved to Florida (because of a recommendation on a school from someone), and the list goes on...

That PM was before I got my car and had I been banned then, none of this would have ever happened. I understand what I did was wrong, but I think you guys should have some respect for someone like myself.

And if you really want to start wiping out the youngins..********, ********, etc etc....what about them?

Youre not helping yourself out any...... Deal with your own mess....

but I think you guys should have some respect for someone like myself.

Oh..... This is rich.....

You want to explain why???

I cant WAIT to hear this....

[Edit- fcuk it..... Ive heard enough. Im locking your account until the rest of the moderators can ring in on the subject.]

Good job...

:iamwithstupid:

:eusa_wall:

How long are we going to pretend we are not aware of users and members here that are under 18. Exceptions have been made before...

GBG is clearly apologizing and don't worry Eric, nobody here is going to think you're less of a moderator or an athority figure if you let this go.

I understand what I did was wrong, but I think you guys should have some respect for someone like myself.

Respect... for a LIAR? You're lucky that RomanDad seems to be that rare type of moderator that actually takes his appointment seriously, and handles things in a calm, fair manner. Once you tried to do me like you tried to do RomanDad, I'd have banned you permanently with 30 day bans for anyone even thinking of bitching about it.

Credibility has always been an important part of Lpower membership, we don't like bullshitters here and inevitably, they always seem to trip up on their lying, ala GB. Frankly, I am more disappointed in GB......

Uhh... Wasn't there a whole thread on GB getting his gallardo (which he bought from another member here IIRC) and he publicly stated he was under the board age etc.. Even the other member mentioned how surprised he was when he found out GB was so mature at such a young age? A lot of people were praising him then

All of a sudden now he gets retro-banned? Not saying that he was right in what he did.. But wasn't the whole point of the " >18 allowed only" rule to keep out the dumb little kids on summer break??

I say you just make an exception and let them both stay...

:iamwithstupid:

:eusa_wall:

How long are we going to pretend we are not aware of users and members here that are under 18. Exceptions have been made before...

GBG is clearly apologizing and don't worry Eric, nobody here is going to think you're less of a moderator or an athority figure if you let this go.

The decision to switch to over 18 was done before I was a moderator (2006).... With the intention that existing members could stay under certain circumstances.... And that NO NEW under 18 members would be accepted.

In the GBGallardo instance, he lied when he clicked the "I am over 18" button (yeah.... I get it... Its just lying to an automatic form.... But if we find out about it, were going to toss you.)

But then when I asked him about it, he spun this incredible yarn about fathers and sons and all sorts of bullshit.... I had no reason to doubt what he was saying at the time, but I now remember I half wanted to end the conversation with "If I find out you're lying to me, I'm going to shit an A-Bomb...." I decided that went without saying....

Then I look back to his early posts, and hes violating one of the L-power golden rules- Hes talking out his ass. Giving advice on subjects a 16 year old has no basis to give advice on, as a 47 year old man.

And then finally, today.... He said, that I SAID, that I knew he was a teenager, and I was just so taken by how extra awesome he was that IT WAS OK for him to be here.....

That one put him way over the top for me.

Uhh... Wasn't there a whole thread on GB getting his gallardo (which he bought from another member here IIRC) and he publicly stated he was under the board age etc.. Even the other member mentioned how surprised he was when he found out GB was so mature at such a young age? A lot of people were praising him then
I missed that one....

All of a sudden now he gets retro-banned? Not saying that he was right in what he did.. But wasn't the whole point of the " >18 allowed only" rule to keep out the dumb little kids on summer break??

No.... That was not the reason....

Its because we have A LOT of ADULT oriented threads, photos, and content, which if we DID NOT take steps to prevent children from accessing them would make us legally responsible (and really shitty people IMO).

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16228

I say you just make an exception and let them both stay...

I remember some posts GB made pretending to be his father, do a search, I am sure you will find them. GB's credibility is LESS is zero, due to the fact that he tried to gloss over this, and even worse, he also tried to implicate Romandad in his lies.

A combination of (Language NSFW)

wow I cant believe they did that. if he was in on it, it would be funny, but thats so disrespectful.

Guest skokos
wow I cant believe they did that. if he was in on it, it would be funny, but thats so disrespectful.

He was in on it.

Then I look back to his early posts...

I believe the story went like this:

GBG signed up here, if I remember correctly had a different screen name.

Constantly spoke about buying a Gallardo, pretending to be his own dad.

Bought car and came clean that he's 16 and hoped the fact that he's an owner now will keep him clear from getting banned.

He assumed everyone knew he broke the rule and why he did it and had let it go.

Looks like he assumed wrong. So an apology is in order, but no need to ban anyone. :icon_thumleft:

Nope he didn't assume Romandad knew, he just flat out lied to him and foolishly tried to keep the lie alive in this thread. Bottom line is this is an adult site, we regularly kick under age members out, so some punitive action is required.

I believe the story went like this:

GBG signed up here, if I remember correctly had a different screen name.

Constantly spoke about buying a Gallardo, pretending to be his own dad.

Bought car and came clean that he's 16 and hoped the fact that he's an owner now will keep him clear from getting banned.

Looks like he assumed wrong. So an apology is in order, but no need to ban anyone. :icon_thumleft:

You are correct. My user name was changed.

Yes I did speak of buying one, but if I was a 16/17 year old kid talking about buying a Gallardo would I have been taken seriously? Fcuk no. So unfortunately I had to lie otherwise I would have been kicked out of here and my mind / eyes / everything would have been taken off of my goal. Seeing the young Lambo owners on here are what kept me going. I have established lifelong relationships with many of them and without them and this board I would NEVER be where I am at today. Sorry this is how it had to go down...

Let's not let the technicalities of the law get in the way of the spirit of the law here, guys.

I'm sure no one on this board has ever, EVER broken the speed limit.

And I'm also sure that, if a cop gave any of you a ticket for going 61mph in a 60mph zone, you'd be totally content and not in the least bit upset. No, not at all. The cop would totally be in the right. ;)

Let's not let the technicalities of the law get in the way of the spirit of the law here, guys.

The kid who started this thread followed the spirit of the rules, he didn't post(assuming he is not lying....) UNTIL he was 18, but violated the technical restriction of signing up under age. He also came clean right away. On the other hand, GB violated both the technicallities and the spirit of the rules by lying to a mod about his age, and pretending/posting away as a 47 year old father. Many of you voted for some sort of ban for the thread starter yet some of you want to bend the rules for GB. Is this fair?