Anyone know the 30k mile smurf 6.0 at Manhatten Motorcars?

webster132

I absolutley love that car. I believe it belonged to a member from here. Either that or a member from here has its twin. Which is possible. I believe its Blue Ely and the member who owned it's screen name is just the guys regular name....not that, that will really help. Thinking of adding another one to the collection?

Found the name. I believe eddyshea had one exactly like it.....but thats just a guess. Might have been his too. Abolfaz will probably know the history and the exact names of everyone who sat in the seats and what mileage range they were riding during....

It's been bouncing between dealers for nearly 2+ years. When it was in NJ someone here looked at it and commented that it had paintwork. This was not eddys car.

Eddy still has his car.

I believe this is the one that was on the east coast. USUKDiablo has seen it in person.

I can dig up my info on this car if you like.....

I viewed the car back in November. The interior has scuffs and does show a bit of wear. I also noticed the carbon fiber (but it looked like a composite) driver side rocker panel was cracked right in the middle.

I am interested in the car, but can't pull the trigger until later in the year ... if it is still around. Other than showing signs of wear and having 30k miles, is there something wrong with the car that it would float around so much? It was mentioned above there was some paintwork, does anyone know if this is from body damage?

This was the first time I saw the Ely Blue color in person, and it is fabulous :icon_super:

Eddy still has his car.

I believe this is the one that was on the east coast. USUKDiablo has seen it in person.

I can dig up my info on this car if you like.....

Yes I had personally seen it (and test drove it) when it was with the last private owner in VA about 2/3 (4?) years? ago. Mechanically it seemed well sorted out. Cosmetically it needs some TLC. At the time I put that cost at approx $15,000. At that time (with more then 25K miles) it still had the original factory clutch. The Photos do not do the color justice. You need to see it in person to truely get your head around the color. It is blue Ely. Andrew you may correct me on this but I think it's one of 3 in this color. One of the others is owned by a member here in CA.

I viewed the car back in November. The interior has scuffs and does show a bit of wear. I also noticed the carbon fiber (but it looked like a composite) driver side rocker panel was cracked right in the middle.

I am interested in the car, but can't pull the trigger until later in the year ... if it is still around. Other than showing signs of wear and having 30k miles, is there something wrong with the car that it would float around so much? It was mentioned above there was some paintwork, does anyone know if this is from body damage?

This was the first time I saw the Ely Blue color in person, and it is fabulous :icon_super:

I think the only reason it's been floating around is because it's not a show room new, off the factory floor, no excuse, pristine, low mileage, stored in a vacume chamber, one owner, garage queen - 6.0. If you like the color and it's in your price range and you want a 6.0 and you buy things not based on other peoples openions I think you could be happy with it. Aagain with those miles I beleive it to be well sorted out mechanically and you should enjoy many more. It's well used but has a lot of life left in it.

No body damage when I looked at it but area about the tail pipes was quite burt from heat.

it is a great color for the 6.0

i would buy it, enjoy as it is and may be do the TLC in few years

The Photos do not do the color justice. You need to see it in person to truely get your head around the color. It is blue Ely. Andrew you may correct me on this but I think it's one of 3 in this color. One of the others is owned by a member here in CA.

it is a great color for the 6.0

i would buy it, enjoy as it is and may be do the TLC in few years

I thought there were 4 in this color?? I remember a thread that I think stated 4, but maybe I am wrong.

I wish I could pull the trigger now but can't until summer time or so and it kills me. After seeing Blue Ely in person, this is the color I want and I know someone is going pick it up before I have the chance :eusa_wall: Oh well, that's life!

From the pics it looks like the front trunk hood is miss aligned. Seems to be a noticable gab between the right side and left side of the hood and front fenders.

From the pics it looks like the front trunk hood is miss aligned. Seems to be a noticable gab between the right side and left side of the hood and front fenders.

I noticed that too, but I don't remember seeing that when I saw the vehicle back in Nov '09.

Maybe it is just the lighting, but the bumper looks slightly a different color too. If the bumper was resprayed, it might not be sitting right when put back on resulting in the hood/bumper mis-alignment.

This isn't a big-e. Mine will work it's self out of line and need to be re-adjsuted from time to time. It's mostly because the latch to open it once you pop it is on the right and the left side kind of floats.

Did Roy have this for sale a while back or if I remember Interstate Motorsports did....one of them...but this had to be at least a year ago...

Did Roy have this for sale a while back or if I remember Interstate Motorsports did....one of them...but this had to be at least a year ago...

It was at Interstate for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
It's been bouncing between dealers for nearly 2+ years. When it was in NJ someone here looked at it and commented that it had paintwork. This was not eddys car.

:iamwithstupid:

I did a bunch of searching to see if I can find something previously discussed on the car. The only relevant post (I think) indicates this car has major issues with one of them being electrical.

I guess I won't be looking into this one when I can pull the trigger :crybaby2:

From what I read, it looks like the only other blue ely in the US is owned by a fellow lambo-power member.

• 3 years later...
I did a bunch of searching to see if I can find something previously discussed on the car. The only relevant post (I think) indicates this car has major issues with one of them being electrical.

I guess I won't be looking into this one when I can pull the trigger :crybaby2:

From what I read, it looks like the only other blue ely in the US is owned by a fellow lambo-power member.

If anyone is still following this car. It has been brought to california and electrical issues fixed. It took nearly a year of work. Please PM me or check classifieds if interested.

The driver seat is pretty scuffed up from wear but not cracking. I have a lot more pictures to share.

Thanks