We Have A Winner Here!!

ToofDoc

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasnt this guy an LP member? correct me if im wrong but he had the matte black LP670?

Yes!

Knew the kid personally! Got me fooled!

I believe his screen name is: ContinentalGT

man that guy really messed up by doing mail fraud, that was the stupidest thing he could have possibly done

I believe his screen name is: ContinentalGT

man that guy really messed up by doing mail fraud, that was the stupidest thing he could have possibly done

I remember that screen name! Didnt he have a Gallardo, then traded it in on the SV or something like that?

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=21749

Hadn't posted in a year but was browsing the board a week ago.

Edit: the article also states he was selling dozens of Mac computers on eBay and sending empty boxes..

His last topic he posted here is for a Mac laptop.

His SV is at Penske in LV, Assman was looking at it.

I think he was on LP last week because I had PM'd him about the SV. Things like this make me wonder about alot of things. I work my ass off and don't have the scratch to buy that SV yet it seems Joe scammed his way into being able to have it.

I know it's short lived bank roll because many of these people are like icarus and eventually their wings melt, but if fucks with my mind. I 've seen many times to make it in this country easily is to break a bunch of rules. The downside is usually small compared to the upside.

Assman, Karma ALWAYS catches up to people no matter what. I have seen it too many times and have epic countless stories/examples of this. These short lived success stories are always short and will alway be. These scam artist wil enjoy thier toys in the short term but will be miserable for an eternity.....most of them at least

edit: I dont know this GTContinental guy and hope this is a BS charge...

Assman, Karma ALWAYS catches up to people no matter what. I have seen it too many times and have epic countless stories/examples of this. These short lived success stories are always short and will alway be. These scam artist wil enjoy thier toys in the short term but will be miserable for an eternity.....most of them at least

edit: I dont know this GTContinental guy and hope this is a BS charge...

:iamwithstupid:

I think he was on LP last week because I had PM'd him about the SV. Things like this make me wonder about alot of things. I work my ass off and don't have the scratch to buy that SV yet it seems Joe scammed his way into being able to have it.

I know it's short lived bank roll because many of these people are like icarus and eventually their wings melt, but if fucks with my mind. I 've seen many times to make it in this country easily is to break a bunch of rules. The downside is usually small compared to the upside.

It's all about how far you go, how finely you walk the line, how much you can stretch it to where you don't wind up in jail, but might have a settlement. How well can you litigate? Big companies are more successful than little guys at this.

A lot of major companies break serious laws simply because the upside is greater than the downside, and in most cases it ends up being civil rather than criminal. Look at patent and copyright violation, look at banks recently, look at just about any corporation and you will see massive amounts of litigation and settlements. You and I would get sued into oblivion and possible end up in jail whereas big companies can afford to litigate and are very good at it. They stretch it out for years to where it's not even relevant anymore.

Even companies with good images do these things. They violate patents or copyrights or other laws to grow something massively and then settle for a fraction of what they achieved or find away to legitimize it after the fact. It happens all the time.

It's easy to make a lot of money by breaking laws in a way that is very grey or which you can litigate around. You just need to know what the stakes. Joe Schmoo will end up with nothing and in prison. JP Morgan or Deutsche Bank will not. You can make a lot of money like this, however this guy committed pure, unquestionable fraud and embezzlement most likely. Off all the ways to go about it, this is not it.

If you can make some good money toeing a grey line with a large company, go for it. They do it to each other constantly with no hard feelings. It's all about money to them. They exploit the rules to the fullest with very questionable practices. It's just part of the business world. Please do not screw regular, small time people out of money though. It's one thing to make some coin at the expense of CBS or FOX, like Aeroe is currently attempting to do, but it's completely different to do it at the expense of an individual, especially regular, middle class ones.

It's all about how far you go, how finely you walk the line, how much you can stretch it to where you don't wind up in jail, but might have a settlement. How well can you litigate? Big companies are more successful than little guys at this.

A lot of major companies break serious laws simply because the upside is greater than the downside, and in most cases it ends up being civil rather than criminal. Look at patent and copyright violation, look at banks recently, look at just about any corporation and you will see massive amounts of litigation and settlements. You and I would get sued into oblivion and possible end up in jail whereas big companies can afford to litigate and are very good at it. They stretch it out for years to where it's not even relevant anymore.

Even companies with good images do these things. They violate patents or copyrights or other laws to grow something massively and then settle for a fraction of what they achieved or find away to legitimize it after the fact. It happens all the time.

It's easy to make a lot of money by breaking laws in a way that is very grey or which you can litigate around. You just need to know what the stakes. Joe Schmoo will end up with nothing and in prison. JP Morgan or Deutsche Bank will not. You can make a lot of money like this, however this guy committed pure, unquestionable fraud and embezzlement most likely. Off all the ways to go about it, this is not it.

If you can make some good money toeing a grey line with a large company, go for it. They do it to each other constantly with no hard feelings. It's all about money to them. They exploit the rules to the fullest with very questionable practices. It's just part of the business world. Please do not screw regular, small time people out of money though. It's one thing to make some coin at the expense of CBS or FOX, like Aeroe is currently attempting to do, but it's completely different to do it at the expense of an individual, especially regular, middle class ones.

So basically, you're stating that as long as you don't get caught or end up very rich from it, it is ok to fcuk people over? :rolleyes:

So basically, you're stating that as long as you don't get caught or end up very rich from it, it is ok to fcuk people over? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it's how the business world often works.

YouTube fucked over artists and studios for a long time. We love YouTube. Google violates patents. We love Google. PayPal is the scummiest and worst payment processor on Earth. We use PayPal. Apple and Google and a bunch of other big companies are being sued for illegal, anti-poaching practices. We love their products and buy their stock, don't we?

And those are just some of the companies with good public images.

Uh, no

That's how crooks work, big difference

Tell that to all the biggest corporation's lawyers. You can find a never ending amount of litigation at all the world most respected companies. They all fcuk each other over every chance they get. Look at Apple vs Samsung over the last few years. Look at Microsoft getting slapped with absurd anti-trust cases. Look at Microsoft joining absurd anti-trust cases against Google merely for their own gain.

Small business is much more honest than big business.

If Joe would only use his intelligence and scam tactics towards mobs, drug dealers, and/or terrorists!?

Scamming from me and you, people hard earn money is not OK!

Imagine those are your retirement funds that he stole? Your $1500 that you paid on eBay?

The kid is obviously ballsy and intelligent to have fooled so many. It's sad really, he's young, a great fake friend, missed the fake him to be honest.....

Poor guy. It's a shame that he had to stoop to those levels simply to live a bullshit lifestyle. I can't tell you how many people I've come across over the last 30 years who resort to crime just to be able to have the bling, cars, bitches etc.

I agree, it's a short hard and fast life style. I think most of us on here have worked hard to achieve our goals, and thats valueable in itself. Although jmiggs's point is sadly true, I think this is the downfall of our society. In the past a man was worth his word and a handshake was a contract, but now you need legal docuemtation and lawyers to buy a chocolate bar. I love the SV, but with my company I need to keep enough liquid that I just can't swing it, and like assman said, sometimes its a mind f@ck. I still think my "regular" Murcielago and a good reputation is much more satisfying..... plus I don't have to worry about playing prison rape....... driving an SV for a few months might be great, but getting driven for 6-10 by bubba....not so much

jmiggs doesn't seem to be condoning he's saying it exists and unfortunately I agree. Scamsters are everywhere, we see it each day from the government all the way down. The sad reality is often times crime does pay and the best guys out there only do it 5% of the time, many times they are the smartest guy in the room.

I agree, it's a short hard and fast life style. I think most of us on here have worked hard to achieve our goals, and thats valueable in itself. Although jmiggs's point is sadly true, I think this is the downfall of our society. In the past a man was worth his word and a handshake was a contract, but now you need legal docuemtation and lawyers to buy a chocolate bar. I love the SV, but with my company I need to keep enough liquid that I just can't swing it, and like assman said, sometimes its a mind f@ck. I still think my "regular" Murcielago and a good reputation is much more satisfying..... plus I don't have to worry about playing prison rape....... driving an SV for a few months might be great, but getting driven for 6-10 by bubba....not so much

Awesome post ! And my sentiments exactly. I save for years to buy each of my cars. I own a business, and it has done well for me, but I'm certainly no big roller. Being flashy and having stature have never meant much to me. I'll choose my integrity over the admiration of others any day.

Poor guy. It's a shame that he had to stoop to those levels simply to live a bullshit lifestyle. I can't tell you how many people I've come across over the last 30 years who resort to crime just to be able to have the bling, cars, bitches etc.

I am involved in a lawsuit with someone that tried to do the same and its simply mind blowing the BS people try and pull.