Jota set to break records at RM

AudiBull

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with a Veneno selling for 3.whatever you would think this would be even more desirable. That being said the estimates are 2-2.6mil. I bet it goes closer to 2.85.

this car was MUCH discussed in the past years ...

:iamwithstupid:

I was going through my old photos I took of it. Some things have changed on the car, and I don't know if for the better.

issue with this car is that not all sources agree this is a real period factory SV J

i remember the official number in the 90's to be 1 Jota (destroied) and 5 SV J

today some say 6, some say 5

if it is a later modified SV J makes a LOT of difference for its value

issue with this car is that not all sources agree this is a real period factory SV J

i remember the official number in the 90's to be 1 Jota (destroied) and 5 SV J

today some say 6, some say 5

if it is a later modified SV J makes a LOT of difference for its value

This one, 4892, is not one of the first five if I recall. It would either have been #6 or 7 built.

Pretty sure I saw this car at La Bella Macchina in 2007 in PA. Unfortunately I had no idea what I was looking at at the time :lol2:. I'll guess $2.3

Pretty sure I saw this car at La Bella Macchina in 2007 in PA. Unfortunately I had no idea what I was looking at at the time :lol2:. I'll guess $2.3

I'm pretty sure you saw it puking coolant from a ruptured hose, blocking the entry to the field, so everything was delays an hour! :lol2:

This one, 4892, is not one of the first five if I recall. It would either have been #6 or 7 built.

i have an old magazine of 90's with a GREAT Jota article!

it included the list of Jota and SVJ VINs. please keep in mind the miura "Jota" were already a big thing over 20 years ago...sort of lamborghini legends!

from memory this car was not on the list

i have an old magazine of 90's with a GREAT Jota article!

it included the list of Jota and SVJ VINs. please keep in mind the miura "Jota" were already a big thing over 20 years ago...sort of lamborghini legends!

from memory this car was not on the list

I remember people discussing that at the show, and how it might not be a "real one" and then the large discussion we've had on here before.

according to Lambocars:

the original Jota was chassis 5084, and was destroyed.

later 5 replicas were made with the following chassis numbers: 4860, 4990, 3781, 5100 and 5090

only the first 3 replicas had dry sump oil systems

the Miura up for auction is chassis 4892 and has a wet sump oil system

And we're playing by "The Price is Right" rules god damnit!

This is a nice car.. no doubt about it.

But a real factory SVJ? That is in question-

Not really... It's a question that's as answered as its ever going to get... There's never going to be a Perry Mason moment on this car when Ferrucio waves in his hand some magical piece of evidence that conclusively proves it one way or the other and one side or the other gets to scream "I told you so!"... It is, what it is. And at that its worth what somebody is willing to pay for it... And I'm betting its a shit load of money.

Yeah, the circle jerkers at another forum may spend the rest of their fcuking lives scratching their heads and tossing in their opinions for what they're worth, but its only to make themselves feel more important.

Bottom line-Its a badass fcuking car. Its got a pretty detailed history. Its been restored by one of the best in the business. The rest is just mystique, and I bet it wont matter one bit to the dude who buys it.

I'm in for 1.875

Well aren't you just the turd in the punch bowl!