Chiron

LV Eric

Saw one in Cannes parked right outside the Carlton hotel. It is absolutely amazing in person, and a bit smaller than I imagined it to be. Thing is there was a Veyron right next to it, no competition... The Chiron has much more sophisticated lines, it made the Veyron look cheap. It truly looks special, if I had the money for it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see it in real life the rear in photos looks off to me.

Are they sold out? Not interested in buying one just curious.

you'll like it, pic's are not very accurate in terms of the actual car.

there are build slots avaliable

$2,998,000 base price in America. $250,000 down guarantees a slot.

best

eric

you'll like it, pic's are not very accurate in terms of the actual car.

there are build slots avaliable

$2,998,000 base price in America. $250,000 down guarantees a slot.

best

eric

Thanks for the info Eric :icon_thumleft:

If I was doing good like I was in 05, I'd seriously consider one. If I was making $30M/year I'd already have one. Right now as my life stands I'd be foolish to spend that much on a car-but it's possible.

Lets break that statement down a little.

I'n 05 I could have wrote a check for $3.X M and felt it, but could have done it and been ok. Wouldn't have been a great move but was possible. For a LaF that is certainly going to hold its value(my opinion), i'd be in one of those for sure. I wasn't making enough $$$ to buy a car that could drop a M and sleep good-givin my personality. If I thought it was going to drop $500K yeah i'd take the hit. I like the Chiron that much. But again the LaF isnt going to take a hit(at least not as much as a Chiron will IMO) So i'd probably be in a LaF as it's a safer place to park the $.

If I was making $30-$50M/yr or more I'd be ordering a couple of them, actually 4. One to keep brand new, one to drive the piss out of, one to make some crazy color and one for Europe. Ok I'd have to be making over $100M/yr before I went that crazy, but I would if I had the $$$. I like buying cars in 2's as I've done in the past. I've never made that much $$$ :(

I could sell all my cars, shove my stack and buy one now and be car poor. Which I wouldnt do for any car but i mention this because it is tempting and did consider it. No I wouldnt be homeless, I'd still have my houses and income properties. But I'd be all in on a car and while that sounds good-I'd get buyers remorse for sure. LOL

All joking aside the issue with the Chiron and spending $3M is the car IMO isn't going to hold up like a LaF or other cars we have seen (918-i passed on a new one at window because i just bought a house-ouch). So The Chiron is for people with FU $$$ that dont care period-which isnt what it's all about, its that great of a car. The Veyron was and is FU $$$ IMO. The Chiron is a hell of a car but to buy a $3.X M car and not care about deprecation is a very narrow market. A LaF for $3.x M with no downside IMO is a wider market and that's why there are build slots left for the Chiron. Its sold well tho all things considered. I have first hand knowledge about this, not guessing.

Thanks. For the record I think the Chiron looks kind of funky from certain angles and in the wrong colors. In darker colors it looks very good. It also looks ALOT better in person than it does in pictures. And those rear bumpers are easily removable, thankfully.

Having a few experienced Bugatti people in here, I've read all kinds of different things about Bugattis and their maintenance. As the early Bugattis age, what would you say ownership and maintenance costs would look like. I could see spending $1m on something like a 2008 car with some miles on it at some point down the line. But am I opening myself up for disappointment and potential six figure repair bills? I just wonder how they will age. A car like that would be worth the price of entry, but would not be worth it if the maintenance is painstaking. Any info or input you have I'll soak up like a sponge:)

Having a few experienced Bugatti people in here, I've read all kinds of different things about Bugattis and their maintenance. As the early Bugattis age, what would you say ownership and maintenance costs would look like. I could see spending $1m on something like a 2008 car with some miles on it at some point down the line. But am I opening myself up for disappointment and potential six figure repair bills? I just wonder how they will age. A car like that would be worth the price of entry, but would not be worth it if the maintenance is painstaking. Any info or input you have I'll soak up like a sponge:)

If you're asking those kinds of questions...the Veyron is not the car for you...You have to replace the wheels every 8,000 miles or 4 months, and they are around $42k for just the tires alone...and yes you have to replace the rims to because the tires are held in there by a special glue, and the molecules in the glue breakdown after 4 months which makes them not suited for 250 MPH.

If you're asking those kinds of questions...the Veyron is not the car for you...You have to replace the wheels every 8,000 miles or 4 months, and they are around $42k for just the tires alone...and yes you have to replace the rims to because the tires are held in there by a special glue, and the molecules in the glue breakdown after 4 months which makes them not suited for 250 MPH.

I think those are fairy tales design to turn wealthy individuals upside down to empty their pockets.

I've seen the tests they've done on the rubber but at the end of the day there are other cars out there which run at crazy speeds and they aren't on Bugatti approved rubber and they are just fine, tech moves at a fast pace, just replace the Bugatti supplied ones, also when are you going to do 250 MPH?

Maintenance wouldn't concern me I am sure it isn't as scary as some make it out to be, curious to hear from actual owners.

I think those are fairy tales design to turn wealthy individuals upside down to empty their pockets.

I've seen the tests they've done on the rubber but at the end of the day there are other cars out there which run at crazy speeds and they aren't on Bugatti approved rubber and they are just fine, tech moves at a fast pace, just replace the Bugatti supplied ones, also when are you going to do 250 MPH?

Maintenance wouldn't concern me I am sure it isn't as scary as some make it out to be, curious to hear from actual owners.

I'm sure there is some "boogy man" scare tactics in there designed to get cash out people, but at the same time these machines are highly complex ad the problem with cutting edge science is it can be pricey. Take the McLaren F1 for example, which McLaren "very, very strongly" urges owners to get serviced every 3,000 miles or 6 months...at the tune of $56k minimum. A large part of that is just revenue collection to keep money flowing to support the cars, but the other part is that the F1 is basically a race car, and race cars need constant work to stay operational, they are not like regular cars.

The same I'm sure is true with the Veyron. So while I'm sure that yes, $42k for tires is way more than the actual cost, the Veyron is a small batch car that VAG has promised to support but isn't going to shell out a whole lot of cash to do so, especially on a car they produced at a fincial loss. The easier route is to go the customer-financed route, so that consistent revnue stream feeds a pot that's used to continue supporting the cars. Much how those of us with older cars rue having to pay 3 -4X the price on certain parts that they don't make any more, vs their price when the cars where in production.

I would be curious to hear owners take on this...I have a friend that had a Veyron but he never much talked about servicing it.

Fundamentally agreed with Fortis.

The maintenance of a Veyron is suppose to mimick an aircraft. I.e. eventhough the parts have not been used and/or are showing no signs of wear, they "needed" to be replaced by date/shelf life. But unlike an aircraft which would have catastrophic results if the parts failed during flight, the tires of a Veyron aren't going to disintegrate right before your eyes upon expiry. Bugatti "recommends" replacement due to all the disclaimer BS. Unless one commutes on the autobahn on a daily basis, what are the chances of a blow out severely injuring or killing you? Unlike an aircraft to which falling from the sky will spell certain deaths, traveling at rational speed on the public road with a mechanical failure will unlikely result in fatality especially with all the modern car safety devices on board. If V-max is one's game, then one would be stupid not to follow all safety precautions. But if one can afford to pay a 7-figure sum just to seek that kind of thrill, then what's a 5 or 6-figure maintenance? One's gotta pay to play. Big boys' toys will always be $$$ especially when one is taking the performance curve to the max. Drive it like a super sports car (instead of a hyper car) and it's maintenance costs would not be too far off from that of a super sports car.

For the record, I do not own a Veyron but had driven 3 on different occasions. The Chiron interests me a lot so much so that my Bugatti dealer (who also is the Lambo dealer) invited me to Monterrey 2 years ago and linked me up with the Bugatti team during the show. We had a good detailed chat on the engineering and maintenance of both the Veyron & the Chiron. Supposedly, the Chiron is a less expensive car to maintain.

Personally I think the Veyron is a much better looking car than the Chiron, I cant get over the headlights (square shapes inside a swept back housing) and the overly exaggerated scoops on the side. I have not seen one in person though, it might change my mind seeing one up close.

In reference to the discussion earlier about Pagani vs KG vs B, the descriptions of Pagani's personality seems a lot like what I have read of Ettore Bugatti. There is a story of Bugatti telling a customer to go away simply because he didnt like the cab he pulled up to the factory in, sounds a lot like Pagani no? I would not be surprised if the Pagani cars of today (and the past 10 years) gain value and are highly coveted in the future much like the Bugattis of the 20s and 30s are today. Just my opinion though, it will be interesting to see what kind of legacy these 3 brands have in the next 30 or 40 years.

I figured someone would give the predictable cliche answer of "this is not the car for you". Your answer provided no info I was looking for. It's not a matter of affording it, but a matter of is it worth affording...

Plus, you have no ownership experience. I was looking for someone with actual experience. As far as the wheels and tires go, I'd be inclined to put HRE wheels with Michelin tires on it. I have zero intention of taking the car to its limit. If I want to go fast I'll jump in a car I consider to be actually fast. This car is for the experience.

I figured someone would give the predictable cliche answer of "this is not the car for you". Your answer provided no info I was looking for. It's not a matter of affording it, but a matter of is it worth affording...

Plus, you have no ownership experience. I was looking for someone with actual experience. As far as the wheels and tires go, I'd be inclined to put HRE wheels with Michelin tires on it. I have zero intention of taking the car to its limit. If I want to go fast I'll jump in a car I consider to be actually fast. This car is for the experience.

sorry to be totally off topic...but when did you pick up a ME diablo? ANd which color is 10 of 20?!

sorry to be totally off topic...but when did you pick up a ME diablo? ANd which color is 10 of 20?!

Sorry for the off topic! Wasn't looking for one but the deal struck me and I couldn't resist...Bought it earlier this year.

post-7377-1504278745_thumb.png

I'm sure there is some "boogy man" scare tactics in there designed to get cash out people, but at the same time these machines are highly complex ad the problem with cutting edge science is it can be pricey. Take the McLaren F1 for example, which McLaren "very, very strongly" urges owners to get serviced every 3,000 miles or 6 months...at the tune of $56k minimum. A large part of that is just revenue collection to keep money flowing to support the cars, but the other part is that the F1 is basically a race car, and race cars need constant work to stay operational, they are not like regular cars.

The same I'm sure is true with the Veyron. So while I'm sure that yes, $42k for tires is way more than the actual cost, the Veyron is a small batch car that VAG has promised to support but isn't going to shell out a whole lot of cash to do so, especially on a car they produced at a fincial loss. The easier route is to go the customer-financed route, so that consistent revnue stream feeds a pot that's used to continue supporting the cars. Much how those of us with older cars rue having to pay 3 -4X the price on certain parts that they don't make any more, vs their price when the cars where in production.

I would be curious to hear owners take on this...I have a friend that had a Veyron but he never much talked about servicing it.

Didn't know Bugatti maintenance was this bad?

And people thought timing belt Ferraris were bad? :lol2: :lol2:

Total poseur car brand in every sense of the word Bugatti is.

At least you feel something driving an F. Or an L.

Bugatti EB110 I think is an exception because it is a real exotic and still under the old regime.

The VAG land yachts are cool but overrated.

Bugatti EB110 I think is an exception because it is a real exotic and still under the old regime.

The VAG land yachts are cool but overrated.

Land Yacht? That normally describes something large like a roller. Have you seen a Veyron in person, they are surprisingly tinier then you would expect from pictures. Like a little glob on the ground...

Sorry for the off topic! Wasn't looking for one but the deal struck me and I couldn't resist...Bought it earlier this year.

Unreal, your Diablo deserves it's own topic.

What a stable!!

You need to start e new thread...we need more pics of this car!!!

Unreal, your Diablo deserves it's own topic.

You need to start e new thread...we need more pics of this car!!!

:iamwithstupid: Damn! :icon_thumleft:

Worth affording all depends on what you're willing to pay...so as mentioned if you're willing to pay $42k in tires every 4 months, then more power to you. If you're dropping $1 mill plus on a car, then $126k annually could be a drop in the bucket or could be a bit of a red flag, only you can determine that. Now this is of course what Bugatti suggests, it doesn't mean that you have to do it, but if considering ownership then you'll want to consider what Bugatti suggests you do to keep the car in peak performance condition.

I don't think anyone actually plans to take the cars to their limits, and the gen 1 Veyron was never my style. I do like the Super Sports and Gran Vitesse versions though, and if you're in a position to get one why the hell not? Have it, drive it, enjoy it. If you want the experience then go for it...it's not a car you get for any practical reason. It's a statement car, plain and simple, and yes despite the ups and downs, when you roll up anywhere in it you are in the top dog on the block. Until a Chiron makes an appearance, that is :icon_mrgreen:

I'm no owner, though the above information was relayed to me from my Bugatti dealer while trying to broker a deal for friend (who wound up passing on the Veyron to go with for a Pagani instead). I would be curious to know as well what actual owners have to say, I did ping my friend who had one about it and he never paid attention to "that sort of stuff" so that was a bit of dead end :lol2:

Veyron values still hold very strong compared to original MSRP.

kinda, I paid $1,075,000 for my Enzo in 05 or 06(I think 06 i resally cant rememner) which was less than a Veyron at the time(the USD$ got weaker and the Veyron went up sharply.

FWIW I could have bought a Veyron in the very beginning for 1M Euro which was $950K. I passed as I never really liked that car,

While the Veryon has held up the Enzo has WENT up

I believe the same will happen with the LaF and Chiron.

best

eric