Chiron

LV Eric

I love the new Chiron, I think its a great progression from the Veyron in nearly every way. In all black it looks sinister - when matched with a cool color interior like blue or orange its perfect imo.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF you are able to do so, could you please expand on this? This isn't something I've read about previously.

I'll list 2 examples:

1) A very reliable friend who is also a member here (although he hasn't been seen here for a while) has the means to get a special-commissioned car. He went to the local Pagani dealer, discussed on the specs and was given a price. He then paid a personally visit to the factory for further discussions. Before the meeting began and without any change from the previous specs, they told my friend on the new price which was substantially more (6-figure increase). My friend then met with Horacio and, again, no specs was altered and my friend was promised a car. A few weeks later, my friend received an email which stated yet another new price for the car which, again, was substantially more (another 6-figure increase).

2) A Huayra was in town for a show last year and I was fortunate to have test driven it. After the drive, they were hard selling a Huayra roadster to me saying they have a limited production roadster coming which belongs to the dealer's owner. But I can have it for $x,xxx,xxx (a premium on top of the MSRP was added) if I acted fast on it. I then asked if it's already spoken for and it's the owner's own car, then the allocation is good as gold. What's the rush? Has the car been offered to others as well? That question was never answered and following the next 48hrs, I was bombarded by frequent phone calls and email asking whether I was ready to commit on a 6-figure deposit. These guys knew I own a few Lambos so they figured I wasn't merely trying to con a test drive out of them and then disappear. Again, I ask them why the relentless push since the allocation is confirmed as it's the boss' own car and I wasn't going to do a 180 turn on the specs. I also said since I am looking at this class of cars, it's only fair that I should test drive a Chiron and maybe a Regera before making a final decision. If someone else is waiting on the same Huayra Roadster and I have been given the First Right of Refusal, then thank you and please let him have it as it is business after all and I would not get in the way. Again, no answer was ever given; all they kept asking was "are you ready to commit on this special car and give us a $xxx,xxx deposit on it?" (in those exact words). Wow, to me, that sounds as professional as a rookie Honda salesperson desperate to meet his monthly quota. Definitely not a class-act by any means. And to this day, AFAIK, that roadster still belongs to the dealer's owner.

Trust that answers your query and regrets to the OP for the OT.

Crazy Pagani story.

In the end, even boutiques still need to make money. Hopefully giving them benefit of the doubt they may have hit a pretty rough patch and are experiencing some cash flow problems.

With Pagani if he likes you its all sweet to a certain degree, if he doesn't or is indifferent then you had better have a big cheque book and not want anything fast

Guess its like any small company, but Mr P can definitely be hard work

Bugs just seemed to lack a soul

True with Veyron but not on Chiron. Every journo has given high praise on also that how it connects with driver.

VCR:

Thank you for your illuminating response, it is much appreciated albeit disappointing to read about such things.

VCR:

Thank you for your illuminating response, it is much appreciated albeit disappointing to read about such things.

:turboalex:

No car is worth that money

Brand new street cars?

I agree.

Older street/race cars, and that price is a bargain for the absolute best of the best.

Brand new street cars?

I agree.

Older street/race cars, and that price is a bargain for the absolute best of the best.

When I see some of the prices people pay for some old cars I just think they are plain nuts, 7 figures for an old car is a complete dick swinging comp.

I have a Veyron Super Sport and I expect to take delivery of the Chiron in October of this year. I drove the Chiron in Portugal a couple of months back as well. I've also driven P1, Pagani Huayra, LaF, Koenigsegg CCX, and probably a bunch of others that I can't remember.

First of all, I very much agree with the statement that no car is worth that kind of money. If you spend $300,000 for a 488 GTB or a Huracan, you are not getting ten times the car when you buy a $3M hypercar. But, people buy them and if you want one that's what you have to spend. People want them for different reasons. Some, as a status symbol. For me, it is about the experience of owning a hypercar and the satisfying of a life dream. I'm also in love with the engineering that goes behind these things and that's where Bugatti really checked the boxes for me.

Of the cars I mentioned, I'd say the P1, the LaF, and the Bugatti all lacked soul to some degree. The P1 felt like a faster version of my 675LT, and the LaF felt like a faster version of my 488 with a big V12 in it. They were extremely effortless to drive at 4/10ths and also seemed very easy to go fast in.

The Pagani and the Koenigsegg both had a lot more character. The Pagani (and some people might get upset at this) to me was a hunk of crap. It felt like a kit car. The transmission was embarrassingly clunky, the car never felt planted or confident (unwieldy is the term that comes to mind) and the engine sounded awful and lacked any drama. It felt like you were driving a space ship in that it was a very foreign driving experience, but I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing that car. And it lacked any refinement. The Koenigsegg, to me, felt much better put together even if the fit and finish of some aspects of the interior left a lot to be desired, particularly the steering wheel. The car felt brutally quick but also gave me the feeling that it had too much power for the tires to handle and if I started to really push it it would kill me.

So that's how I ended up picking the Bugatti. The Veyron SS and the Chiron do lack some character for sure. They are very comfortable to drive long distances and in city traffic. You could theoretically daily drive the car and never break a sweat. But when you do push the car hard, it does exactly what you want it to, inspires a tremendous amount of confidence, and won't spit you off the road if you mess up a little.

I love cars with a lot of character. I've built kit cars that spin the tires in 4th gear and tried to kill me on a regular basis. It's fun but it gets tiring. When you have as much performance as a car like the Veryon or Chiron, you actually don't want that. When I go really fast in the SS I like knowing that I have the full engineering might of the VW Aktiengesellschaft behind me. The cars are just so competent at going fast; They were designed as machines of massive speed without sacrificing comfort, safety, or reliability. They are designed that way first, and then as showpieces second. The Pagani is designed as a showpiece, and is better as a static display in my opinion.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference of course, but I have sampled them all and chose the Bugatti.

Make this a sticky and close the thread. :turboalex:

TurboGallardo I can't wait to see your beast!

Thanks. For the record I think the Chiron looks kind of funky from certain angles and in the wrong colors. In darker colors it looks very good. It also looks ALOT better in person than it does in pictures. And those rear bumpers are easily removable, thankfully.

I ran into the Chiron a few weeks ago. The driver said the Carrera Gt was one of his favorite cars of all time.

Inmo, Chiron although Im certain it drives amazing, and is fast as shit, did nothing for me. The back especially is very blah. Prefer the Veyron.

I'm not in a position to own a Chiron..........but that CGT is :eusa_dance: :eusa_drool:

For $3 mill it better be a custom built car just for me

We get it, you don't think it's worth the $$$. The guys who own Veyrons and other cars in that class seem to love it. An ass for every seat.

btw, ask JOTA how much it cost to do a custom built car that even comes close to that level of performance. I'm guessing $3M is short by a factor of 10, at a minimum.

I have a Veyron Super Sport and I expect to take delivery of the Chiron in October of this year. I drove the Chiron in Portugal a couple of months back as well.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference of course, but I have sampled them all and chose the Bugatti.

Great explanation, thank you. Congrats on the acquisition. I look forward to your posts after you get t.

I have a Veyron Super Sport and I expect to take delivery of the Chiron in October of this year. I drove the Chiron in Portugal a couple of months back as well. I've also driven P1, Pagani Huayra, LaF, Koenigsegg CCX, and probably a bunch of others that I can't remember.

First of all, I very much agree with the statement that no car is worth that kind of money. If you spend $300,000 for a 488 GTB or a Huracan, you are not getting ten times the car when you buy a $3M hypercar. But, people buy them and if you want one that's what you have to spend. People want them for different reasons. Some, as a status symbol. For me, it is about the experience of owning a hypercar and the satisfying of a life dream. I'm also in love with the engineering that goes behind these things and that's where Bugatti really checked the boxes for me.

Of the cars I mentioned, I'd say the P1, the LaF, and the Bugatti all lacked soul to some degree. The P1 felt like a faster version of my 675LT, and the LaF felt like a faster version of my 488 with a big V12 in it. They were extremely effortless to drive at 4/10ths and also seemed very easy to go fast in.

The Pagani and the Koenigsegg both had a lot more character. The Pagani (and some people might get upset at this) to me was a hunk of crap. It felt like a kit car. The transmission was embarrassingly clunky, the car never felt planted or confident (unwieldy is the term that comes to mind) and the engine sounded awful and lacked any drama. It felt like you were driving a space ship in that it was a very foreign driving experience, but I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing that car. And it lacked any refinement. The Koenigsegg, to me, felt much better put together even if the fit and finish of some aspects of the interior left a lot to be desired, particularly the steering wheel. The car felt brutally quick but also gave me the feeling that it had too much power for the tires to handle and if I started to really push it it would kill me.

So that's how I ended up picking the Bugatti. The Veyron SS and the Chiron do lack some character for sure. They are very comfortable to drive long distances and in city traffic. You could theoretically daily drive the car and never break a sweat. But when you do push the car hard, it does exactly what you want it to, inspires a tremendous amount of confidence, and won't spit you off the road if you mess up a little.

I love cars with a lot of character. I've built kit cars that spin the tires in 4th gear and tried to kill me on a regular basis. It's fun but it gets tiring. When you have as much performance as a car like the Veryon or Chiron, you actually don't want that. When I go really fast in the SS I like knowing that I have the full engineering might of the VW Aktiengesellschaft behind me. The cars are just so competent at going fast; They were designed as machines of massive speed without sacrificing comfort, safety, or reliability. They are designed that way first, and then as showpieces second. The Pagani is designed as a showpiece, and is better as a static display in my opinion.

Thanks and love such a review from someone so fortunate to give a good real life experience and to compare to "normal exotics". Bravo!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We get it, you don't think it's worth the $$$. The guys who own Veyrons and other cars in that class seem to love it. An ass for every seat.

If you want a private jet tat you can drive on the road, this is it. I've never been big on the Veyron, it was cool for the numbers but I alway thought it was overpriced, over-hyped and just had no appeal to me. The Chiron is a complete 180, if I had the cash I'd have an order in for 2...it's a completely different machine. It's as if Bugatti hired Pagani to up the craftsmanship and with everything they learned from the Veyron program being implemented this is the car to get. Yes the price is just ridiculous but at the same time if you get it the car is worth every cent. It has $3 million in road presence for sure, and combined with everything else, it's a worthy car to hold the King of the Hypercars Crown and be the pinnacle of halo cars.

Thanks. For the record I think the Chiron looks kind of funky from certain angles and in the wrong colors. In darker colors it looks very good. It also looks ALOT better in person than it does in pictures. And those rear bumpers are easily removable, thankfully.

I just look at your signature and all those cars. That makes me say DAMN everytime!

Absolutely crazy collection!

I can't wait to see it in real life the rear in photos looks off to me.

Are they sold out? Not interested in buying one just curious.

I can't wait to see it in real life the rear in photos looks off to me.

Are they sold out? Not interested in buying one just curious.

I really like seeing the Chiron in person. Saw one at Bentley/RR and have seen one driving around BH. As for the rear... I really like it, But we have the ugly US bumpers.

Im pretty sure they are not all spoken for.

I really like seeing the Chiron in person. Saw one at Bentley/RR and have seen one driving around BH. As for the rear... I really like it, But we have the ugly US bumpers.

Im pretty sure they are not all spoken for.

Fortunately those are easily removable.

As for allocations, they are still taking orders. They will only make 500, but at $3 million a pop you can see why they might have issues hitting that production limit...