Chiron

LV Eric

The LaF will definitely go up and the Chiron come down or float at around RRP mainly because Buggatti isn't followed by a pack of brainwashed zombies LOL

Two completely different cars, one a sports car and one a GT, if given the choice I'd go Chiron.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LaF will definitely go up and the Chiron come down or float at around RRP mainly because Buggatti isn't followed by a pack of brainwashed zombies LOL

Two completely different cars, one a sports car and one a GT, if given the choice I'd go Chiron.

Again we agree. i'm anything but a nut hugger-but it's remarkable how many things we agree on.

Fortis, you're like our lost triplet...one of these days we all need to do a drive :icon_thumleft:

I'm sure there is some "boogy man" scare tactics in there designed to get cash out people, but at the same time these machines are highly complex ad the problem with cutting edge science is it can be pricey. Take the McLaren F1 for example, which McLaren "very, very strongly" urges owners to get serviced every 3,000 miles or 6 months...at the tune of $56k minimum. A large part of that is just revenue collection to keep money flowing to support the cars, but the other part is that the F1 is basically a race car, and race cars need constant work to stay operational, they are not like regular cars.

S70/2 engine is very much two BMW S50B30 sixes mated together.

More specifically it is two S50B30(euro E36M3 3.0) running gers with identical bore and a slightly more stroke in S70(850CSI) block.

I used to have an M3 with an evolution of that engine, a S50B32 11 years a go and it had done around the globe over 6 times at that point, and it was raced in italy before me and I drove it past 250 000 km mark without ever even adjusting valve clearances nor doing anything else either to the engine and it was pulling still mad strong, I saw often 280-285kmph gps verified speeds, very effortlessly. The engine was only properly working part in that car, even in very harsh winters, started right up without heaters.

I would say splitting oil change interval to 5000kms aka 3000miles is propably a good move in this caliper car, but othervise I would go on a limb and say that if McLaren F1 is used often and well, it does not need to be opened in many years and you could still drive it to its max potential all the time without a single worry. It is propably a good idea to check engine every 4 years or so, again just to be sure.... Valve clearances get long time to move out of their spec, Vanos unit lasts easily 10 years between checks, crankshaft bearings last easily 50000kms, then it is just easy change. Taking engine apart every 6 months is really stupid. It is very good engine, imho the best NA-engine ever produced. And it will last easily few years between taking apart especially in environment and use these F1's are nowadays seeing.

S70/2 engine is very much two BMW S50B30 sixes mated together.

More specifically it is two S50B30(euro E36M3 3.0) running gers with identical bore and a slightly more stroke in S70(850CSI) block.

I used to have an M3 with an evolution of that engine, a S50B32 11 years a go and it had done around the globe over 6 times at that point, and it was raced in italy before me and I drove it past 250 000 km mark without ever even adjusting valve clearances nor doing anything else either to the engine and it was pulling still mad strong, I saw often 280-285kmph gps verified speeds, very effortlessly. The engine was only properly working part in that car, even in very harsh winters, started right up without heaters.

I would say splitting oil change interval to 5000kms aka 3000miles is propably a good move in this caliper car, but othervise I would go on a limb and say that if McLaren F1 is used often and well, it does not need to be opened in many years and you could still drive it to its max potential all the time without a single worry. It is propably a good idea to check engine every 4 years or so, again just to be sure.... Valve clearances get long time to move out of their spec, Vanos unit lasts easily 10 years between checks, crankshaft bearings last easily 50000kms, then it is just easy change. Taking engine apart every 6 months is really stupid. It is very good engine, imho the best NA-engine ever produced. And it will last easily few years between taking apart especially in environment and use these F1's are nowadays seeing.

Servicing the engine doesn't necessarily mean taking it apart entirely, but getting it checked frequently is a good idea, case and point.

You need to start e new thread...we need more pics of this car!!!

Have been meaning to. Have just been busy and not a real simple way I've found to post large file pics since Photobucket has changed their ways... Have really been enjoying the car though! Far better specimen than my first two early Diablo's

Have been meaning to. Have just been busy and not a real simple way I've found to post large file pics since Photobucket has changed their ways... Have really been enjoying the car though! Far better specimen than my first two early Diablo's

Upload to Imgur, much easier

Servicing the engine doesn't necessarily mean taking it apart entirely, but getting it checked frequently is a good idea, case and point.

You said 56k$ minimum. That is heck of a sum for getting checked. :icon_mrgreen:

You said 56k$ minimum. That is heck of a sum for getting checked. :icon_mrgreen:

One thing I have heard (not from an owner but decently credible source) was if you don't play by Mclaren's rules on the F1 that they'll basically "red flag" the car and that car will basically lose value because Mclaren will not vouch for the car. Interesting to consider anyways.

McLaren needs funds to support a discontinued model and that's a very easy way to do so. Plus the way they see it s that if you dropped $1 mil or ($7 -$10 mil in more recent times) on the car than $56k is a drop in the bucket.

One thing I have heard (not from an owner but decently credible source) was if you don't play by Mclaren's rules on the F1 that they'll basically "red flag" the car and that car will basically lose value because Mclaren will not vouch for the car. Interesting to consider anyways.

Yup. Basically stealing a page out of Ferrari's playbook.

Impossible...

:iamwithstupid: McLaren won't personally black list you for letting the press checkout your car. Ferrari is that guy who beats his girl friend (the customers) but when anyone tries to intervene she run straight back to him. They've gotten a lot better over the years but there's been some pretty crazy stories about customer disregard.

So I believe Bugatti has finally released official acceleration times for the Chiron. They are claiming the following:

0-100 kph in 2.4s

0-200 kph in 6.1s (!!!)

0-300 kph in 13.1s

This should translate to a quarter mile of around 9.4 seconds at high 150's trap. 100 mph should happen in well under 4.5s. Who knows if we'll ever get a magazine test of the car but these claims are pretty staggering.

Interestingly their claims don't match the timed run at the end of the video. Still damned impressive. According to their timed run though a 918 is actually quicker to 100 mph.

Just after Ace left lunch today, a Grey Chiron rolled up Arroyo in Pasadena. It does look amazing in person. Sound in traffic, not so much, like a misfiring dodge truck.

Just after Ace left lunch today, a Grey Chiron rolled up Arroyo in Pasadena. It does look amazing in person. Sound in traffic, not so much, like a misfiring dodge truck.

Sad I missed it....great lunch though!