Updated, 620hp: New Ferrari 599GTB shots (575M replacement)

Mako

Not knowing stats between the two, I'd buy the new Miura anyday over that!!!

I like how Ferrari tries to steal a little of Lambo's press by showing this car right after Lambo shows theirs. Too bad the car looks like crap.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the wheels of this Imola/600. The front is not bad. I saw a p-shop, with some nice long rectangular lights, that looked more tasteful. I do not care for the back of the car.

Why single tailights ?

nope not boring at all! but a bit wierd, not traditionally beautiful like...an XJ220 or something.

:vom:  :vom:  :vom:  :vom:  

Although saw an Enzo in Bev hills yesterday, and it is not boring to look at.

Boring is the wrong word for the Enzo, but it's not exactly sexy either.

From AutoWeek, it's official name: "599 GTB":

Maranello Masterpiece

Ferrari 599 GTB will be automaker's most-powerful V12 production car ever

AutoWeek | Published 01/08/06, 7:09 pm et

Ferrari is giving birth to yet another Maranello masterpiece, a vehicle it calls the most powerful V12-engined production car it has ever produced.

Called the 599 GTB, the new car is a combination of Ferrari's most innovative and technologically advanced engineering solutions applied to a mid-front engined, two-seat configuration. The 599, which will replace the the 575M Maranello in the automaker's lineup, boasts class-leading power thanks to its 5,999cc V12 taken from the Enzo which cranks out 620 hp. The car will reportedly also be available with a six-speed manual transmission in addition to the automaker's sequential manual gearbox.

The Pininfarina design gives the Ferrari 559 GTB aggressive yet elegant lines and the body and chassis feature the latest evolution of Ferrari's aluminium construction technology.

599 represents the latest interpretation of a theme that has been seen on classic Ferraris such as the 250 GT, the 275 GTB, and the 365 GTB4.

The car is set to be officially unveiled at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show at the end of February.

Good power. Too bad for Ferrari, the Murci will be more powerful...:lol:

-Olivier

Just got an email from the official site, They are building it :oops:

Maybe it will look better in person?

I guess as owners of the new Ferraris get older and older, they need to build the Italian Oldsmobiles :lol:

After the 430 is done, I think they may go front engine on their smaller model in direct competition with the POS for Baby Boomer money. :roll:

the pics floating around a little while ago for the 600 imola were so much better than this. and the 600 wasnt to pretty either.

this new 599 looks horendous. what the hell is wrong with Ferrari? Supercars are supposed to be gorgeous. they are supposed to be outrageous. This car is far from either of those prerequisits. :vom: :vom: :vom:

sad; bc even if u just kept the maranellos looks, which werent bad; the updates seem quite good as far as motor/transmission..but oh well, i couldnt pony up that dough for a design thats suppose to "grow" on me... :roll:

The press thing

Maranello, 9th January 2006 - With the release of the 599 GTB Ferrari is presenting its most powerful V12-engined production car of all time.

Amedeo Felisa, Ferrari's Vice General Manager will announce today at the Detroit Motor Show the birth of the latest model developed in Maranello.

The new car is a concentration of Ferrari's most innovative and technologically advanced engineering solutions applied to a mid-front engined two-seater coupé. The result is a new benchmark for performance, driver involvement and design.

The Ferrari 599 GTB boasts class-leading power thanks to its 5,999cc V12 - derived directly from the Enzo Ferrari supercar - which produces no less than 620hp at 7,600 rpm for a weight/power ratio of just 2.6 kg per horsepower.

Ferrari has adopted the latest evolution in its tried and tested all-aluminium construction technology for the body and chassis.

The unmistakable Pininfarina design gives the Ferrari 559 GTB aggressive yet elegant lines which are perfectly integrated with the advanced aerodynamic solutions adopted to reach the performance figures attainable.

This new model is the symbol of Ferrari's production - the V12 berlinetta - and represents the latest interpretation of a theme that has seen such classics as the 250 GT, the 275 GTB, and the 365 GTB4.

The Ferrari 599 GTB replaces the last in that great line of berlinettas, the 575M Maranello, of which - together with the 550 Maranello introduced in 1996 - no fewer than 5,700 have been produced, a record for this type of model for the Prancing Horse.

The new car will be officially unveiled on the 28th of February 2006 at the Geneva Motor Show.

46284060001car0nl.th.jpg46285060002car3na.th.jpg46286060003car0to.th.jpg

How can ferrari be going down this road? Why are people buying this sh-t? My neighbor who I respected because of his Carrera GT, Enzo and Gallardo just got a 612! To make matters worse he turned around the next day and got ghetto bling bling wheels on the 612, there goes the neighborhood!

When will Ferrari start building cars that look like a ferrari should again?

How can ferrari be going down this road?  Why are people buying this sh-t?  My neighbor who I respected because of his Carrera GT, Enzo and Gallardo just got a 612!  To make matters worse he turned around the next day and got ghetto bling bling wheels on the 612, there goes the neighborhood!

When will Ferrari start building cars that look like a ferrari should again?

Im not holding my breath....

Im not a Ferrari basher... Hell... I was a Ferrari Fan as a kid.... I have no fear of saying (basically because any sense of dignity I ever thought about having on this forum has long since been stripped away) that I was a HUGE fan of the 1980s Testarossa... And I still am of the basic style... Those big cheese grater skirts and wide fenders.... But in my defense I was also a fan of the 288 GTO.... Unfortunately, the last car that Ferrari built that SLIGHTLY excited me was the F40.... and thats been close to 20 years ago now....

But its not just Ferrari... Even my Beloved BMW has abandonned me style wise... I feel like the car designers have been slouching towards mediocrity, where every car is a cookie cutter of every other... A big round blob, with the only sense of individualty being where a grill or duct gets placed... As if that passes for an original design.

I know Ill get bashed for this, but the reintroduction of the Miura has given ME HOPE that things can be turned around in the style department.... Sure, its not a NEW design, but AT LEAST it doesnt look like every other bangleblob on the road.... And even though we've seen it BEFORE, we dont see it EVERY DAMNED DAY on the way to work...

romandad, i take it u like the ford gt as well? as far as BMW, they are individual..jsut in bad taste...

romandad, i take it u like the ford gt as well? as far as BMW, they are individual..jsut in bad taste...

I DONT MIND the Ford GT.... I wouldn't cross the street to own one myself (probably because its a Ford....) I liked the lines of the original Miura a LOT more than the GT, even though the Miura was admittedly a loosely based derivative of the Ford.

I liked the lines of the original Miura a LOT more than the GT, even though the Miura was admittedly a loosely based derivative of the Ford.

Is that fact or speculation? There are a lot of similarities in the lines.

I liked the lines of the original Miura a LOT more than the GT, even though the Miura was admittedly a loosely based derivative of the Ford.

Is that fact or speculation? There are a lot of similarities in the lines.

Read it recently somewhere.... My wife got me a bunch of car books for Christmas...

This new model is the symbol of Ferrari's production - the V12 berlinetta - and represents the latest interpretation of a theme that has seen such classics as the 250 GT, the 275 GTB, and the 365 GTB4.

46284060001car0nl.th.jpg46285060002car3na.th.jpg46286060003car0to.th.jpg

Same company as the 250/275/365?? haha....not styling wise at least!

And as far as naming conventions are concerned, the 599 does not share anything with those cars either. 250, 275, and 365 were the displacement of one cylinder in CC. It was pretty much this way for all Ferraris, with the exception of the 512, 550, etc. The 456 x 12 ~ 5.5 liters which is the same as the Maranello.