Last Real Lamborghini?

Furious George

I'm starting to think that the Diablo was the last "real" Lamborghini. Anyone agree with me here? I saw a Murcie today, and as great of a car as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to the Diablo 6.0.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm starting to think that the Diablo was the last "real" Lamborghini. Anyone agree with me here? I saw a Murcie today, and as great of a car as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to the Diablo 6.0.

let me ask you this.........are you 100% sure you wanted to post that here? and I mean 100%?

What makes you say that?

I would like to hear your opinion!

The 6.0 IS a beautiful car and, in a way, its lines do LOOK better than the M.

But the M/LP640 is on a different level as far as driving is concerned. The 6.0 is outdated and an absolute beast to drive --- i.e. with due respect to all the Diablo owners, it's still a great car and an even greater looking car. But it no longer can compete with current cars of the same class: e.g. on the road a 997T/T can probably do cirles around a stock 6.0. Which will get more attention? The Diablo by a wide margin but you don't buy it for looks only, the reward is always greater in the drive.

FYI, I was seriously looking into getting a 6.0 to complement the G. But after checking out its engineering and a few drives, it's obvious that the M or LP is the next logical move.

I've had both Murcis, a gallardo and 6.0's. Without getting into percentages, its the 6.0 that is dearest to me. After spending time around an lp640 the 6.0 feels dated, but nothing can capture the looks of a 6.0. To me its the highest evolution of Lamborghini, everything inside is where its supposed to be (german influence) yet the car still has the idiosyncracies of an italian car.

I've had both Murcis, a gallardo and 6.0's. Without getting into percentages, its the 6.0 that is dearest to me. After spending time around an lp640 the 6.0 feels dated, but nothing can capture the looks of a 6.0. To me its the highest evolution of Lamborghini, everything inside is where its supposed to be (german influence) yet the car still has the idiosyncracies of an italian car.

I'd have to agree with Abolfaz, i think the 6.0 has more character than the modern Lamborghini's. I know that Audi had it's hand in the basket for making the 6.0. I think the car should be something that not everyone can "handle." I prefer something alittle more hard, edgy, perhaps it's my style, but it's like the M and G cars of today are too "friendly" wise for anybody. Does this make sense?

To me the 6.0 is the best lambo. Not the "last lambo", but the best one.

I think the design is timeless, and its got german in the right parts and italian in the right parts.

If you look at my signature, it is obviouis I am biased. For me the 6.0 is the one. Yes, in terms of technology, the M & G cars are better but the 6.0 captures that rawness and intangible quality that I just do not feel in the newer cars.

Its like I agree but I don't at the sametime......

The Diablo is still a great car dispite the passing years. The Murcielago and Gallardo in my eyes are still "Real"Lambos even with the help from audi.

Its like I agree but I don't at the sametime......

The Diablo is still a great car dispite the passing years. The Murcielago and Gallardo in my eyes are still "Real"Lambos even with the help from audi.

Everyones perspective is differenent and it really comes down to what you are looking for in a car. Forget the term real Lamborghini and just look at the cars for what they are. The Diablo in general is a car to own if you are interested in its unique look, historical significance, etc. If you are more interested in having a "performance car" there are many other cars that can outperform a Diablo. For one example my Ford GT will outperform it in every way, performance speaking. but I would not give up my Diablo for the above stated reasons. Unique and historical significance . That is why I own a Countach. Unique and historically very significant. Now many cars today can run rings around the Countach in terms of performance but that is NOT why I own the car.

If you are a technology guy and want the latest and greatest than maybe the Murcielago 640 would be for you. Certainly from a performance point of view you will have the best that Lamborghini has to offer today. Determine the "mission" you want the car to perform. As a side note it is worth mentioning that when Ferruccio Lamborghini first saw the Diablo ,having been retired for awhile, his first comment was that " this car is NOT a Lamborghni". He would not acknowledge it even though it bore his name. He had nothing to do with its creation so he walked away. The last car that Ferrucio had a hand in before he retired was the very first Countach. So i guess you could say that the Countach was the last "real" Lamborghini. If you are looking to buy a car as a collectible car than perhaps the early Miura's and Countach's would be the car to have. So decide what you want from a car, "its mission", and buy it.

88.5 Countach.

:D

Thats the Ultimate Lamborghini :icon_super:

Which will get more attention? The Diablo by a wide margin but you don't buy it for looks only................................

I did! :icon_mrgreen:

In my humble opinion it all changed when the design went from Italian to German. Yes Audi owned Lamborghini during the Diablo 6.0 period but it was still the Marcello Ghandini design. The G and the Murci are German designs. The G and the Murci to me do not have the same impact but are technically great cars.

Actually if one really wanted to talk about the last real Lamborghini, I would think that would be those cars authorized by

Lamborghini himself.

like the Countach for instance, as Chrysler not Lamborghini authorized the Diablo.

Lamborghini had no, or if at all, very little to say about the Diablo.

Therefore, the real last Lamborghini cars would have been those that Mr. Lamborghini himself

authorized.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 798 ****

Everyones perspective is differenent and it really comes down to what you are looking for in a car. Forget the term real Lamborghini and just look at the cars for what they are. The Diablo in general is a car to own if you are interested in its unique look, historical significance, etc. If you are more interested in having a "performance car" there are many other cars that can outperform a Diablo. For one example my Ford GT will outperform it in every way, performance speaking. but I would not give up my Diablo for the above stated reasons. Unique and historical significance . That is why I own a Countach. Unique and historically very significant. Now many cars today can run rings around the Countach in terms of performance but that is NOT why I own the car.

If you are a technology guy and want the latest and greatest than maybe the Murcielago 640 would be for you. Certainly from a performance point of view you will have the best that Lamborghini has to offer today. Determine the "mission" you want the car to perform. As a side note it is worth mentioning that when Ferruccio Lamborghini first saw the Diablo ,having been retired for awhile, his first comment was that " this car is NOT a Lamborghni". He would not acknowledge it even though it bore his name. He had nothing to do with its creation so he walked away. The last car that Ferrucio had a hand in before he retired was the very first Countach. So i guess you could say that the Countach was the last "real" Lamborghini. If you are looking to buy a car as a collectible car than perhaps the early Miura's and Countach's would be the car to have. So decide what you want from a car, "its mission", and buy it.

Does anyone know why Ferrucio disliked the Diablo??? And why after Murcielago came out Balboni said "For the first time I think Ferrucio is happy in his grave." Or something along those lines?