LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chernobyl

I love your house. Very...well I dont know but its nice.

Not sure if this counts, I recently sold my house, pix attached.

New one under construction, hope to finish it in 6 to 8 months.

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

That's a knockout Fortis. You've got some architect.

I had a lot of input in the design, I wasn't quite happy with the architect to say the least.

I could always picture the house in my head down to the smallest detail but because I can't draw I had to use someone that could, the architect that I was using hated my input, he always drew it the way he though the house should look so it took me a lot of time and extra $ to get him to draw it the way I was visualizing it so it was quite a battle.

If you like this one you will love the one I am building now

The lady architect that help me with the design of my new house is outstanding!

There is also a certain someone on LP that had some input on the design of the house I am building now, you know who you are Thank you :icon_thumleft:

I only have the basement done at this stage, I am building it using precast concrete panels, quite interesting, I enjoy myself so much building it!

I had a lot of input in the design, I wasn't quite happy with the architect to say the least.

I could always picture the house in my head down to the smallest detail but because I can't draw I had to use someone that could, the architect that I was using hated my input, he always drew it the way he though the house should look so it took me a lot of time and extra $ to get him to draw it the way I was visualizing it so it was quite a battle.

If you like this one you will love the one I am building now

The lady architect that help me with the design of my new house is outstanding!

There is also a certain someone on LP that had some input on the design of the house I am building now, you know who you are Thank you :icon_thumleft:

I only have the basement done at this stage, I am building it using precast concrete panels, quite interesting, I enjoy myself so much building it!

Now that house is awesome! Here is mine. It may not look like much on the outside, but we had a great interior decorator.

img3.gif

That guy really looks like he loves his job. Nice shoes too! Great taste Allan.

Fortis, good looking contemporary you have there! Love the custom semi-circular sofa. What kind of hardwood if that?

What kind of hardwood if that?

Could it be Jatoba (Brazilian Cherry Wood).....I'm guessing since I have similar hardwood in my apartment.

Great place/taste Fortis.

Guest skokos
Now that house is awesome! Here is mine. It may not look like much on the outside, but we had a great interior decorator.

LOL! dummy you started the thread and then dont post pics of your own house :lol2:

Hey, I think you bought that place from my new neighbor, Matt Foley. Remember this guy by chance?

post-2220-1200773463_thumb.jpg

Fortis, good looking contemporary you have there! Love the custom semi-circular sofa. What kind of hardwood if that?

The wood was imported from Indonesia I always forget its name :icon_mrgreen: sorry.

I can call my supplier and ask him if you are interested.

Come on Allan you started the thread where are the photos of your house?

Thank you guys for all your complements!

Fortis, so you like the modernist, contemporary, minimalist, Art-Deco-type architecture it seems. Not my style personally, but still very nice :icon_thumleft:

This thread actually raises two questions for me:

1) Fortis, regarding the architect of your first home, WTF would they try to dictate to you how to create the home? You hire them, they make it how you want. If an architect ever tries that with me, I'll fire their ass!!

2) WHAT exactly does an architect do anyhow? I know it has to be more than just drawing the building, I mean a skilled artist could do that couldn't they? What makes the architect different exactly? What special skills do they employ?