Amex Centurion Black Card

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many membery that do, I do not unfortunately. How many have had one since 1999 or earlier is the real question. They were very stringent on who they give the cards to back then.

I have a Black car

Does that count?

:icon_mrgreen:

It sure does impress a lot of people who see it but I am not sure if the concierge does anything at all. Every time Allan was trying to get a table where it was a little hard to get we got denied. I'm not very impressed with them.

My run of the mill business Amex works good enough for me... :icon_thumleft:

I have a Black car

Does that count?

:icon_mrgreen:

It sure does impress a lot of people who see it but I am not sure if the concierge does anything at all. Every time Allan was trying to get a table where it was a little hard to get we got denied. I'm not very impressed with them.

My run of the mill business Amex works good enough for me... :icon_thumleft:

What about the time you wanted to get 10 people into Katana? Black Card worked when we couldnt. The other times we were trying to get into the HOTTEST new places in L.A. one hour before, or even on our way to. They cant kick someone out. The first class flights are worth it alone for us.

I know many membery that do, I do not unfortunately. How many have had one since 1999 or earlier is the real question. They were very stringent on who they give the cards to back then.

I had mine since early 1999, inaugural member and as I've said before the car is nearly useless over a platinum or even a gold card. It meant something back then since I was the only person I knew that had one.

that makes it 7 so far. they made it more difficult to get one you have to spend 300k in one year and have perfect credit. plus you have to pay a 5k initiation . before it was 100k in one year and no initiation fee.

See..if my GF ever noticed a pattern like that I would be in for a BLOWOUT with her. :lol2: The fight that would start is scary to think about! Your wife yet again proves how cool she is man! :icon_super:

just give one to your gf too.,

that makes it 7 so far. they made it more difficult to get one you have to spend 300k in one year and have perfect credit. plus you have to pay a 5k initiation . before it was 100k in one year and no initiation fee.
Was never 100K in one year. 250K.

When I started my company we were young and dumb. Each partner (4 of us) got black cards and Lo and Behold our "company expenses" were never higher, we all thought we were high rollers and would LOOK for opportunites to whip it out in front of people (we were all in our late 20's early 30's). In comes a new CFO and out go the black cards (except 1 which is only for travel) and DOWN come the expenses. Oh boy! Getting rid of those things was a good move....

i have one, and the expression i get at restaurants or really where ever we go is worth every penny unfortunately I got mine last year and they had just increased the membership fees to 7500. i missed it by 1 month

i have one, and the expression i get at restaurants or really where ever we go is worth every penny unfortunately I got mine last year and they had just increased the membership fees to 7500. i missed it by 1 month

that makes it 8 card holders so far

Back when I got mine in 99, I would tell people that I was from a really bad area and that this was Amex's new LEAD card (rather than gold, platinum, etc).

The hookers they sent over were fat.... :icon_oak:

And Old !!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I have one. It's a $7500 initiation fee for the main card, plus $1500 for each additional card (Emily has one as well) and $2500 per year. Also, it was $250,000 cleared in one 12-month billing cycle (i.e., you not only had to charge it, but had to have it paid off).

People have negleted to mention the fact that if you (like me) have the titanium card (the actual card is titanium), you can grind down the edges and use it in hand-to-hand combat! LOL

also their dispute policy is great. i had a guy program my sl65 and he apparently lied. i found this out 2 years later and they refunded my money eventho they were out of business. also they have a insurance policy , if you are out of the country and get a life threatening emergency they will fly you back to the country for medical attention. they also have a great luggage insurance . if my luggage is ever late 3hours at the airport they will give you 500 per person to buy stuff. i have used this luggage policy atleast 10 times.

also their dispute policy is great. i had a guy program my sl65 and he apparently lied. i found this out 2 years later and they refunded my money eventho they were out of business. also they have a insurance policy , if you are out of the country and get a life threatening emergency they will fly you back to the country for medical attention. they also have a great luggage insurance . if my luggage is ever late 3hours at the airport they will give you 500 per person to buy stuff. i have used this luggage policy atleast 10 times.

i used that policy as well this Summer on our way to London.