LP400S1 #1121036 HAS A NEW HOME

Tony Ierardi

This has been a long time coming.

After 7 years as a Lambo owner...my 7th Lambo is quite a special one. I have searched for a 78' or 79' Series One Countach for a few years. I have waited for a pedigree car with a known history...and have long last found it. Countach 1121036 had 2 owners from 1980 - 2007. The first one (Dan Hanna) for 10 years, the last (Robert Kierejczyk) for the past 18 years. Importers and Brokers aside...I am the 3rd owner, but I will really feel like it after a few years have passed. I wanted a car with the factory adjustable wing without side plates. The first Countach I laid eyes on in a magazine and in person at the NY Auto show (car 1121058) had this wing. I also wanted a car that was "all there" nothing missing, nothing moded. Other than side mirrors that I am still working on, this car is all original. The lacquer paint, the Leather, right down to the antique Alpine stereo that still works. I have said in the past that a white/white S2 lowbody would be my first choice. I did not expect to like this car as much as I do. I think the later wheels look better on a white car but the Bravo wheels look better on a red. I do not like the Bravos on a white car...so what does all this mean? It means that if a white/white S2 comes available I will look to buy it and park it next to this red S1!

Thank you to all who have helped me in this journey.

Here are a few pictures for now, more as the thread goes on.

post-5766-1189730399_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189731994_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732011_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732028_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732043_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732065_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732076_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732095_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1189732107_thumb.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice CT and set-up - I would be hanging in that garage too much!! Congrats!!

CONGRATS TONY!!!!!

you have a car that reminds me an other red/tan one ;)

i am not sure red/tan is the best combo for the S1, but sure it looks nice on the road

a white S2 is in my wish list to !!

p.s. now you could put in use that ANSA SPORT you got

Bella Macchina !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_super: :icon_pidu:

I love it....it's like you have a new baby..pass out cigars or something! :icon_mrgreen:

Tony that car is absolutely stunning ! That is the first time i have ever noticed that the early countach has a hood prop for the decklid. That is THE wing that I have always loved as well. It is the wing that is on the first Alpine poster. If memory serves me right Walter Wolf created the first adjustable wing which has straight up and down pedestals that the wing sets on. Then this wing was next with the laid back pedestals which was they style that lasted until the end of the Countach. Also , that wing is electric correct ?

The seats look a little different in that DMC ? What kind of Delorean is that ?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh saaaaaaa-weet!

Countach 1121036 had 2 owners from 1980 - 2007. The first one (Dan Hanna) for 10 years, the last (Robert Kierejczyk) for the past 18 years. Importers and Brokers aside...

Very nice purchase Tony. Glad to see that car not going out of sight to Asia. You and your friend have two outstanding 400s samples. A good side by side picture of these 2 would be great.

One question this car was aledged to be owned by Steve Dypvik. as this wrong then?

Very nice purchase Tony. Glad to see that car not going out of sight to Asia. You and your friend have two outstanding 400s samples. A good side by side picture of these 2 would be great.

One question this car was aledged to be owned by Steve Dypvik. as this wrong then?

Yes and No.

I'm not sure what Dypvik was doing back then, he may have been buying cars to sell them. Hence the "importer/broker" part of my post since he had the car for less than a year. That is why I said once a (few) like 3 years have past then I should be considered the third owner. :)

I just got back from a business trip....so better pics in the AM.