2009 Chevrolet POS ZR1

StoleIt

this thing is gonna be a rocket people. forget the GTR. this thing weighs the same as a Superleggera but has 100 more hp and far more torque.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to stop including those fat, ugly, and LUXURIOUS seats in a car build for performance. It's a sports car with super car performance, why not offer lightweight bucket seats?

Agree, I was surprised by that as well.

Drop some Recaro racing seats in, lose the hood - and it'd be a sweet track car. The interior still isn't what it should be... Outside styling is nice, though.

Should be a monster of a car.

Nice daily, FAST drive.

I like the engine hood, I think it looks cool.

Agreed. The hood is something that sets itself appart from anythings else. I'm sure it can painted to color coordinate with the body. May be just make it a neutral gun metal color or satin/flat black.

Other body changes look good as well.

This will give the Viper a run for sure. Now lets see what Dodge has up its sleeve for 2009.

This will give the Viper a run for sure. Now lets see what Dodge has up its sleeve for 2009.

but this is not stock, its tuner car aint it??

as for Zr-1, i give it 96/100

points off for poor seats, other interior details and possibly weight(not too much of an issue)

Much due applause to GM for this accomplishment. The ZR1 is extremely desirable! I'm excited for its release. Finally, the POS looks menacing and set apart from the rest.

:icon_super: :icon_super:

And personally, I love the hood. It's a distinct look.

Agree, I was surprised by that as well.

They have no clue.

I have heard about crappy Corvette interiors, since I was in hi-school. I don't expect GM to be able to take the time, and put together a nice interior. The answer, is to simply sub-contract a small company, that can optionally offer a very hi quality interior for a price. How difficult, can something like that be ? It would be no different with what GM did with the Callaway Corvette.

GM used to ship completed Corvettes, to Callaway Cars in CT. Callaway performed major engine upgrades on the car, and everything went thru GM.

With this car, they should offer either a track or luxury package for the interior. I look at the pics, and I see a standard Corvette interior.

True. It is unfortunate, that they did not obtain at least 650bhp with this car. I assume the Z-06, will rev and sound much better than this new car ?

The new Viper ACR looks to be more fun-at least more focused.

The HP numbers are not final. There is a reason why in all the press releases they claim "atleast 620 hp" and not "620 hp".

Here are some quotes:

"It is so easy to drive around town, but once you get into it, Clark Kent turns into Superman - a never ending rush of power that is way, way beyond the Plastic mess-06" - wardsauto.com

"Final hp numbers will exceed 620 and tq should come in around 600 lb-ft. The rumor mill pegs the target hp figure at 650 hp" - thecarconnection.com

"first gear is good for 67 mph" - thecarconnection.com

"one interior change we had to ditch was to ditch the 200 mph speedo with the 220 mph unit because this car will so easily exceed 200"

Only time will tell.

My guess is this car will go 205+ mph and trap around 133. Can't wait to see some numbers on it.

The fully leather wrapped interior option is nice. The interior is still not up to par for it's price tag (even with the leather), but it seems like they are going in the right direction with each new Vet.

I think the best thing about this car will be the ease of modding. A smaller pully, intake and a tune should yield another 100 crank HP

Why would you show us a tuned 1/4 mile run of a viper ? A fwe simple tunes the ZR-1 and it will smoke that hennesy car.

We are talking about a stock vs stock and 620HP is the minimum HP they are saying it will be. I've heard as high as 650 HP. Now that the car is supercharged it will be easily modded for a few thousand dollars and will rape just about anything out there.

Wrong. The 08 Viper ACR will dust this car at the track for $10 less.

VERY disappointing result here. 200 lbs & $30K for 115 HP? Swing and a miss.

That hideous hood speaks for itself but overall I like the style adds.

The viper is a rattle trap and looks like Shit IMO. I'm not saying the ZR-1 isn't going to be a ratlle trap but my Z is not a rattle trap, it has its faults as all cars do but when comparing apples to apples the Z wins hands down not to mention they keep updating the look of the car as it goes through it changes.They need to give the viper a make over. It just looks plain outdated and boring. When I saw the new 600HP version of the car I was very dissapointed and surprised that it looks almost identical to all previoue vipers.

sort of dissapointing HP no? this was attainable on a base 7.0 engine...

The cylinder walls were too thin on the 7.0 so in order to super charge it they need to lower the displacement to the 6.2 engine which has thicker cylinder walls that can handle the added HP and TQ. Not to mention a SC puts more strain on the the crank due to the way it creates power which effects everything overall.

From what I've read the engine makes in excess of 800hp, but GM decided to detune it seeing as how the average Joes are already killing themselves in the Plastic mess-06. This engine is something to behold... Easy pulley swap and tune and the car will be a beast!

The cylinder walls were too thin on the 7.0 so in order to super charge it they need to lower the displacement to the 6.2 engine which has thicker cylinder walls that can handle the added HP and TQ. Not to mention a SC puts more strain on the the crank due to the way it creates power which effects everything overall.

Correct answer.

Nice T.

They need to stop including those fat, ugly, and LUXURIOUS seats in a car build for performance. It's a sports car with super car performance, why not offer lightweight bucket seats?

have you seen most POS owners??

From what I've read the engine makes in excess of 800hp, but GM decided to detune it seeing as how the average Joes are already killing themselves in the Plastic mess-06. This engine is something to behold... Easy pulley swap and tune and the car will be a beast!

suuure

:jackoff:

more marketing BS just like the rumor that you would have to take a racing class to buy one. They may afterall make you, BUT only to say its that great of a car that you need special training to drive. Then everytime its ever on TV the dumbass anouncer will spit that BS out.

....oh, and liability

suuure

:jackoff:

more marketing BS just like the rumor that you would have to take a racing class to buy one. They may afterall make you, BUT only to say its that great of a car that you need special training to drive. Then everytime its ever on TV the dumbass anouncer will spit that BS out.

....oh, and liability

Another correct answer.

That's two in a row, let's keep the streak alive people. :lol2:

Correct answer.

Nice T.

I didn't know class was in session. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ok someone ask me a question about Mako and his luck with bustly black women at night clubs. :la: :la: :la:

I didn't know class was in session. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ok someone ask me a question about Mako and his luck with bustly black women at night clubs. :la: :la: :la:

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: