Is it Illegal to run a NON Streetlegal car.**UPDATED ROYS RESPONSE**

I do know of a certain florida person (non member) who slapped a florida plate on his FXX and has been seen driving it around....Wouldnt be the first time this has happened!

But driving a race car on the streets brings up a new realm of lawsuits. Speeding is one thing, but you are driving a car without the proper safety equipment installed for wrecks, and because its not street legal, insurance sure as hell isnt going to cover it in an accident!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All's fair in love and war. Those of you not happy with the programming in this thread are free to go read something else. :icon_thumleft:

On another note, are LVEric's just Diablo GT's that he got registered? Im still not seeing how his blue and yellow diablos are street legal but I know on 6 speed he stated they were!

I do know of a certain florida person (non member) who slapped a florida plate on his FXX and has been seen driving it around....Wouldnt be the first time this has happened!

But driving a race car on the streets brings up a new realm of lawsuits. Speeding is one thing, but you are driving a car without the proper safety equipment installed for wrecks, and because its not street legal, insurance sure as hell isnt going to cover it in an accident!

Proper safety equipment? Don't race cars have roll cages?

Dude, this is somewhat of a Roy thread. You knew Roys Lawyer buddy was going to clear his calander.

If you'd like me email you my court calendar every day, I'd be more than happy to.

With all due respect, absolutely wrong. The 959 was never built for a street car and was never submitted origionaly to EPA or DOT for street approval. Just out of curiosity, what state is Toronto in again?

I am not so sure how to take your response so i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are somewhat mentally challenged.

The 959 came in 2 different variations,the comfort and the sport.Both were designed for the street just about everywhere in the world except for USA and Canada.

Yes,Toronto is in Canada just in case you are having problems with geography too,Ontario to be specific.

I have no issues with you but do yourself a favour and don't open your stupid mouth before getting all the relevent facts right.You end up looking like less of a tool that way

With all due respect 959 was intended as a full streetcar in europe. European streetcars which were NOT produced for the U.S market are elligible for the SHOW and Display permit. GTR is NOT a European streetcar.

But they must meet EPA standards first.

However, what I did do, was place a call to:

J K Technologies Llc

They have some cool shit there. Did you talk to Jonathan, or Rey by chance?

On another note, are LVEric's just Diablo GT's that he got registered? Im still not seeing how his blue and yellow diablos are street legal but I know on 6 speed he stated they were!

They are not. And it's GTR btw, GT is different.

Proper safety equipment? Don't race cars have roll cages?

Doesn't matter. If the cars don't go through crash test regs, its open and shut. Doesn't matter if they're 'safer'

Insurance companies actually don't like to see roll cages in a street car (for parttime drag/road racing) because if you wreck the car on the street with no helmet on, you're asking to split your skull open.

He doesn't own a GT. The yellow and blue diablos are GTRs

This isnt about LVeric. He is not out bragging he drives his GTR on the street on dealer tags nor making false allegations against others.

They have some cool shit there. Did you talk to Jonathan, or Rey by chance?
Im not sure who it was, but they do have some very cool stuff they work on.

If you'd like me email you my court calendar every day, I'd be more than happy to.
I know, I know, its coincidence that you appear on LP only in any thread that has Roys name in it. :icon_thumleft:

If he is in California, hopefully he isn't doing something stupid to attract "more attention"

Dont worry, if he comes to Cali with the GTR, he will be cruising high schools picking up VanDykes..... lol

As a slight tangent topic how about a Roy section on this forum... He can even have his own little login for that section maybe.

Why would we want to give that Dooshbag anymore attention ????

Dont worry, if he comes to Cali with the GTR, he will be cruising high schools picking up VanDykes..... lol

Why would we want to give that Dooshbag anymore attention ????

ALLRIGHT GODDAMNIT!!!! Ive had about enough of this crap!!!! I cant see a great person be made to look ridiculous and sit by and let it happen!

Im a moderator, and God Damnit, Im going to moderate!!!!

To that end, Alexander, the dimensions on your avatar just dont look right... Would you like me to fix them for you? Post the original picture and Ill get right on it!!!!

:icon_mrgreen:

ALLRIGHT GODDAMNIT!!!! Ive had about enough of this crap!!!! I cant see a great person be made to look ridiculous and sit by and let it happen!

To that end, Alexander, the dimensions on your avatar just dont look right... Would you like me to fix them for you? Post the original picture and Ill get right on it!!!!

HAHAHA that totally went another direction than i was expecting!!

Regardless of the person involved it is good to know the law. I spoke with Dick Merritt at DOT on several occasions regarding cars I wanted to purchase that were not US legal cars. As was pointed out, this is a Federal issue not a state one. If the cars are not in the country under the Show and Display law (And as Mr. Merritt told me, that means show...and display, if it meant show display and drive they would have said that) then they are here illegally. No if's ands or buts. It does not matter if the car has some how been brought in and registered. It is still illegal. He also informed me that though it is not a witch hunt for grey market cars like it used to be, the risk you really run is that if anything happens (accident, hit some one etc) your insurance company will not cover the car. It is also a point that the car can be insured. However the insurance company does not have to cover the claim according to the law. For me that was more than enough to know I wouldn't want to take that kind of risk.

that was bothering me too

porschecarreragt_vralexander.jpg

that was bothering me too

porschecarreragt_vralexander.jpg

Fixed!!!! That was bugging me!

There's a "loophole" in the Florida DOL laws that allow race cars to be licensed as road cars under the Specialty Built/Kit Car moniker. There were two former IRL cars that were licensed in 2006 (or early 2007) this way and sold.

I don't know the regs if a car went to another state, but just because a car was once a racecar doesn't mean it wouldn't be allowed on the street.

Look at Jim Glickenhaus, he drives his GT40 and Lola T70 on the street, and they're plated:

AB: Word has it that you're one of those rare car collectors who doesn't mind putting miles on the pieces in his collection. How many miles will be on the P4/5's odometer after a year? (In other words, do you have plans to actually drive it?)

JG: Over the years I've put over 500,000 miles on my cars. 40K miles on my Lola T-70, 25K miles on my Ford MK-IV, I just put 1100 kms on my 166 Spyder Corsa at the Giro di Sicilia. I drove my 88 TR 155,000 miles. She will be driven.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/02/autoblo...e-ferrari-p4-5/