VBOX TIMES

Nice! That means the 458 is a lot faster than the lp560. A lot more than the videoed races indicate.

Mike stated that the 458 would pull pretty good on his 560 in 2nd/3rd gear. Remember, there races looked to be no longer than 1/8 mile. From a 50-150 roll, I imagine the 458 would be 2-3 CLs ahead.

But then again, I wonder why the 458 vs. Balboni from Gustavs vids showed them to be near identical?? :eusa_think:

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice runs, you can send me the file at [email protected] if you like. Sounds like you had pretty good conditions, did you feel like you left anything on the table on the runs?

Thanks Aaron, I will email the file in a bit. Honestly, I feel like I extracted as much performance as I could out of the car; since the launch and shifting are automated there isn't much room for driver improvement. The only thing I can say is that the car was struggling for traction a bit in first gear and on the 1-2 shift due to the cold weather, although the cold air is good for engine power.

Mike stated that the 458 would pull pretty good on his 560 in 2nd/3rd gear. Remember, there races looked to be no longer than 1/8 mile. From a 50-150 roll, I imagine the 458 would be 2-3 CLs ahead.

But then again, I wonder why the 458 vs. Balboni from Gustavs vids showed them to be near identical?? :eusa_think:

Why wouldn't it be? Id imagine a balboni is quite abit faster than a reg lp560.

Why wouldn't it be? Id imagine a balboni is quite abit faster than a reg lp560.

Really?? Hmm, I thought the LP560 and Balboni were equal in performance. Not sure why i thought that, but I did (even though I was aware that the Balboni is a few hundred pounds lighter)

Really?? Hmm, I thought the LP560 and Balboni were equal in performance. Not sure why i thought that, but I did (even though I was aware that the Balboni is a few hundred pounds lighter)

Same hp couple hundred pounds lighter.

Here's the graphs of the best quarter run and best 60-130mph run. The road was basically 100% flat

Car went [email protected] according to Vbox file, the trap speed will be a bit lower at the strip based on the way it's calculated.

The best 60-130mph was 7.74 seconds.

The shift times were tough to gauge since they were so quick, but the more obvious ones look to be 0.10 - 0.11 seconds, thats fast!

post-6539-1288579279.png

post-6539-1288579287.png

That is very impressive (the 458). The fastest I ever went in my Supra was 4.51 and my GTR went 7.71....I'm hoping to crush my 4.51 once UGR finishes my G build.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

my Ford GT with pulley and tune did 60-130 MPH in 6.69 seconds, car was hot, will go quicker....

Screen_shot_2011_03_12_at_9.15.39_PM.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What car is that ? You should start a little lower speed to give the car some momentum? Maybe start 40 mph.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants the new Vbox sport there is a group buy over at GTR Life. It ends Monday.

The new sport is very small and light, uses Bluetooth to link to your iphone, waterproof, battery powered and is 20mhz instead of the Vbox performancebox's 10.mhz It's a HUGE step up.

Here is the link.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/88577-...__fromsearch__1

I think mullet said there is an accuracy issue with it, he was emailing with them about it after running it side by side with the classic version. Not sure how it panned out.

If anyone wants the new Vbox sport there is a group buy over at GTR Life. It ends Monday.

The new sport is very small and light, uses Bluetooth to link to your iphone, waterproof, battery powered and is 20mhz instead of the Vbox performancebox's 10.mhz It's a HUGE step up.

Here is the link.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/88577-...__fromsearch__1