Handcuffed and threatened with violence by a cop

I call complete and total bullshit on this. I have gotten tickets in at least 4-5 states for speeding and never once did I have to pay anything "up front". I either plead guilty and sent in the money, or I went to court, got my ass handed to me, and paid the money. Either way, you are innocent until proven guilty and therefore do not have to pay money ahead of time.

:iamwithstupid:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pay the fine first. if you decide to contest the citation, the money is refunded if you win the case. The judge said i will get the money back in 6-8 weeks.

Ive had a few tickets and has never been the case. Maybe your state is different, but I doubt that.

What the hell is wrong with this guy (The_Cat_Killer)???

Next, he will be posting about how he was driving along and some Black Ops division of the CIA swooped down in stealth helicopters and extracted him from the car at 100MPH and then told him he had to go deep undercover in Afganistan to fight Alqaeda or some shit. Then, he will say how as he was deflecting enemy bullets and RPGs, a rogue RPG that he backflipped over accidentally and 'misteriously' travelled 10,000 miles and hit his Gallardo and that Roy should pay for a new car since he did not disclose this particular Gallardo's predilection to attract surface to surface missles and the like; AND that nothing was his fault. :jackoff:

Next, he will be posting about how he was driving along and some Black Ops division of the CIA swooped down in stealth helicopters and extracted him from the car at 100MPH and then told him he had to go deep undercover in Afganistan to fight Alqaeda or some shit. Then, he will say how as he was deflecting enemy bullets and RPGs, a rogue RPG that he backflipped over accidentally and 'misteriously' travelled 10,000 miles and hit his Gallardo and that Roy should pay for a new car since he did not disclose this particular Gallardo's predilection to attract surface to surface missles and the like; AND that nothing was his fault. :jackoff:

LMAO!

hey Cat Killer post pics up of your ticket & post pics of the dissmisal of your ticket and then they will

believe you, if you don't and you are full of shit I don't suggest you post up here anymore. jmo

Next, he will be posting about how he was driving along and some Black Ops division of the CIA swooped down in stealth helicopters and extracted him from the car at 100MPH...

We had a member say something like this happened to him...

I call complete and total bullshit on this. I have gotten tickets in at least 4-5 states for speeding and never once did I have to pay anything "up front". I either plead guilty and sent in the money, or I went to court, got my ass handed to me, and paid the money. Either way, you are innocent until proven guilty and therefore do not have to pay money ahead of time.

Not true. About ten years ago, I was speeding through South Dakota and was stopped with WA plates. I had to write a check on the spot made out to the county. I then had to go to court if I wanted the money back. They said they required all out of state speeders to post money immediately given that most otherwise blow off the ticket. As I recall my other option was to take a ride downtown and either give them a credit card or have someone wire me something. I was going 20 over on I-90.

Not true. About ten years ago, I was speeding through South Dakota and was stopped with WA plates. I had to write a check on the spot made out to the county. I then had to go to court if I wanted the money back. They said they required all out of state speeders to post money immediately given that most otherwise blow off the ticket. As I recall my other option was to take a ride downtown and either give them a credit card or have someone wire me something. I was going 20 over on I-90.

Sounds like they "took you for a ride". Unless WA is different, I don't think that ANY law enforcement can MAKE you pay on the spot. Any experts care to verify?

Actually guys, once again, this practice has become fairly common.... They ask for the money up front, you mail it in and if you check a box that says "I contest the citation" it is considered "Bail" and if your case is won, you get it back.

Congratulations....

On what grounds was the case dismissed?

Sounds like they "took you for a ride". Unless WA is different, I don't think that ANY law enforcement can MAKE you pay on the spot. Any experts care to verify?

Did

Didn't Montana use to make you pay 5 or 10 bucks on the spot for speeding?

Ok, fess up, time to stop wasting everybody's time.

Where do you live? What city were you pulled over in? What law enforcement agency issued the ticket? What exactly did the ticket say and what violations were you accused of?

Ever been to Mexico? They have a great system set up so the officers accept cash. :)

Ever been to Mexico? They have a great system set up so the officers accept cash. :)

yeah, thats a great system, but it gets old after a while when they pull you over time and time again for doing nothing.

Did

Didn't Montana use to make you pay 5 or 10 bucks on the spot for speeding?

Back in the 80's we got a ticket on our way to Plentywood (Montana) and were told we could pay the fine or go see the judge.

The amount was $10.00 and we could pay it with credit card.

I was almost tempted to leave him a tip.

Back in the 80's we got a ticket on our way to Plentywood (Montana) and were told we could pay the fine or go see the judge.

lol haaahaaaaaaa :lol2:

:lol2:

Try South Carolina. Not only does one pay at the scene .... but it must be cash. Or off to jail and work it out there.

So, T-C-K *may* be full of it ... or not. Either way he's just a kid and could use some fair & kinder treatment around here. Then again that's unlikely ... as we all know.

BTW, Lambos are the greatest automobiles ever invented!!! &

Peace,

Richard.

I was in South Dakota, not Washington. I don't know the procedures here. I had Washington plates and was just heading east on I90. He gave me no other option. There were half a dozen cops working the speed trap with him. I made the check out to the county and if I wanted my day in court I had to give notice. I didn't as I had no plans to make a special trip back to that place. It was somewhere near Spearfish. If I went to court about a month later at the soonest, I might get my money back. I was speeding. He was decent about it and was actually very professional. I don't have a story to tell about a tazer or a night stick to the nuts. He actually called in the check too. Again, this was about ten years ago. It's the only ticket I've ever had so I'm not going to tell you I'm a pro. I was just happy to be on my way. I think it was around $100.00.

I've since been pulled over in my LP Roadster twice and it's just over two months old. Once for the police incorrectly reading the color of the registration sticker on the plate. The second time was because the cop thought I wasn't wearing a seat belt. He didn't notice it goes from right to left. Both times the cop was nice about it and apologized.

Try South Carolina. Not only does one pay at the scene .... but it must be cash. Or off to jail and work it out there.

So, T-C-K *may* be full of it ... or not. Either way he's just a kid and could use some fair & kinder treatment around here. Then again that's unlikely ... as we all know. <chuckle>

BTW, Lambos are the greatest automobiles ever invented!!! <tic> & <w>

Peace,

Richard.

nice editing

Either way he's just a kid and could use some fair & kinder treatment around here. Then again that's unlikely ... as we all know.

"The love you take, is equal to the love you make...."

You do have a way with people, don't you?

Heres the deal. You've been charged with an illegal lane change. Nothing you say above is a defense to that charge, so what exactly are you fighting? If you're showing up to complain to the judge about how the officer treated you during your stop, don't waste your time.

If your defense is "But the other guy was doing it too and they let him go..." Uh... Yeah... Thats not a defense EITHER.

I'll be a bit less forecefull but I will say this in support of that statement, I have been in court and bottom line is you will have 20 secs at best. You won't know what hit you without a good expensive lawyer.

If you changed lanes without signaling, you are done no matter what. Traffic courts seem "special". I think you will first get a hearing before going to the real Judge thing , So be nice there and settle. They'll get you guilty but for less money. Real nice may get you to do a small charity payment. I faced a traffic judge once and fairness about anything is not what is at stake when they can nail you on something. That judge was disabled from a car accident so you can imagine why they put him in charge of a traffic court.

I know what you feel but unless you have a lot of money for a real state of the art laywer that will do you a favor because he has got lots of other business from you or a decent contact that can "affect" your case, trust me: be nice whatever it cost you inside.