Official Shitty Lamborghini Kit Car and Replica Thread

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.. but think about it.. Id take that Replicrap... change the wheels, dump the wing, and change the funky looking exhaust screen.. Then imagine the look on people faces as I do burnouts down Rodeo drive... :icon_mrgreen:

You would never buy a Lambo kit car Allan :lol2:

the only kit car I like is the Ultima, I know a local mechanic that built a few, they were incredible to drive.

$36,000 + WTF

??? unbelievable when you think you can still find few good ones under 100k$

i think that just a mad can buy a kit car for 40000 USD. Ok they are beautiful and more reliable, i agree, but WHAT ARE THEY?

You in the USA can buy a genuine american muscle car for much less money: why you shold buy a copy of an italian supercar? just to prove to the entire world you can not afford a true Italian Supercar?

i hate replicas... i prefer to drive a common cheap car than a Countach replica :thefinger:

I could NEVER own a kit car.

Ebay turns up some VERY interesting Kit Cars and rebodies from time to time. I believe a few weeks ago they had a rebodied NSX. Was a 6.0 rebody i believe. I assume the image is what gets the guys who bust their ass to get the real deal?

The NSX rebody was actually quite attractive due to the fact that it lacked the dreaded kit car interior. I believe some of the tubular Countach reproductions are quite nice, even though i never cared for the look of the Countach.

crazy, maybe they are the holy grail and very sought after in the kit car community??

A large part of the presence and appeal of a Lambo or any other exotic is the ENGINE. These cars are works of art, but the mechanicals transcend any asthetic appeal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
crazy, maybe they are the holy grail and very sought after in the kit car community??

A large part of the presence and appeal of a Lambo or any other exotic is the ENGINE. These cars are works of art, but the mechanicals transcend any asthetic appeal.

DC Supercars in the UK claim (and show a rolling road print out) that there countach replica puts out just 9bhp less than the earlier original countach! and has more ft/lb of torque! They use a V12 BMW 5.0 Litre engine on a purpose made chassis. There moulds ARE pulled from genuine Lambo's. Until you drive a replica it is easy to slag them off. I have owned both original and replicas and have to say the 'top' end of the kit car market is very well designed and thought out and handles very well, even though not a 'Lambo', drives and sound much the same. The biggest surprise to me was the resale value, nothing lost after 5 years of ownership!! not the same on my original Lambo!!!!. Having said all this my Diablo is MUCH faster than the replica Diablo I still own. Not trying to sway anybodys opinion on replicas, just thought I would share my experiences, as they are factual and not hearsay.

DC Supercars in the UK claim (and show a rolling road print out) that there countach replica puts out just 9bhp less than the earlier original countach! and has more ft/lb of torque! They use a V12 BMW 5.0 Litre engine on a purpose made chassis. There moulds ARE pulled from genuine Lambo's. Until you drive a replica it is easy to slag them off. I have owned both original and replicas and have to say the 'top' end of the kit car market is very well designed and thought out and handles very well, even though not a 'Lambo', drives and sound much the same. The biggest surprise to me was the resale value, nothing lost after 5 years of ownership!! not the same on my original Lambo!!!!. Having said all this my Diablo is MUCH faster than the replica Diablo I still own. Not trying to sway anybodys opinion on replicas, just thought I would share my experiences, as they are factual and not hearsay.

Sorry..but replicas are GAY

so what does that make ferrari replicraps? faggity-GAY?

sqii49.jpg

I believe Uber-Gay would be the word you were looking for. Otherwise known as double broken wristed.....

wrist.jpg

Opinions are just that, and just because one person, or one hundred, feels that they are correct doesn't make it so! Most people on this forum probably haven't owned a replica, I know, and don't want to. This means that there opinions are based on ..............well nothing really! I'm sorry if I upset the majority of forum members by writing this but I shouldn't have to change my opinion of replicas to suit others. I like both replicas and original Lambos!

Opinions are just that, and just because one person, or one hundred, feels that they are correct doesn't make it so! Most people on this forum probably haven't owned a replica, I know, and don't want to. This means that there opinions are based on ..............well nothing really! I'm sorry if I upset the majority of forum members by writing this but I shouldn't have to change my opinion of replicas to suit others. I like both replicas and original Lambos!

Hows your fake rolex?

oh so you own 2 replica Diablos? give this man a multiple fake Lambo owners title.