Look what I picked up today

VBUGKING

Got rid of the F430 today and picked this up. Drove it for about 100 miles before I switched seats with my fiance so she could drive the last 40 miles home. All I have to say is WOW, what a wonderful car. My expectations were exceeded big time. It looks amazing, and the car is a blast to drive while being extremely stable at high speeds. The steering is very direct and the chassis feels spectacular. Cornering is a breeze, and the exhaust has a muscle car sound/feel with a nice supercharger whine when you get on it. At 6'5" I was still able to fit in the car very well, it felt about as roomy as the Lp640, although I like the sitting position much better in this car. I believe this car even has the larger seats. I was a bit skeptical of the red interior, but after seeing it close up and in person, I prefer it. The power was ample, I accelerated up to around 145 mph a couple of times.

All in all, I am very happy with the trade, the SLR makes the F430 seem like total junk in every way. There is just something about the SLR that makes you feel special. My only complaint is the brake feel/effort. They require more effort than most other cars, and are like an on/off switch. Stopping smoothly will just take some getting used to, the brake performance is phenomenal. Renntech mods are surely in the cards in the near future, 740 hp and 735 lbs of torque will complete this car nicely :)

Below are some pictures after the trip home.

Aaron

post-6539-1224032579_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032591_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032602_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032613_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032623_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032635_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032645_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032655_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032668_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032679_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1224032690_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! The black metallic with the red interior is awesome! You will absolutely love that SLR!

Got rid of the F430 today and picked this up. Drove it for about 100 miles before I switched seats with my fiance so she could drive the last 40 miles home. All I have to say is WOW, what a wonderful car. My expectations were exceeded big time. It looks amazing, and the car is a blast to drive while being extremely stable at high speeds. The steering is very direct and the chassis feels spectacular. Cornering is a breeze, and the exhaust has a muscle car sound/feel with a nice supercharger whine when you get on it. At 6'5" I was still able to fit in the car very well, it felt about as roomy as the Lp640, although I like the sitting position much better in this car. I believe this car even has the larger seats. I was a bit skeptical of the red interior, but after seeing it close up and in person, I prefer it. The power was ample, I accelerated up to around 145 mph a couple of times.

All in all, I am very happy with the trade, the SLR makes the F430 seem like total junk in every way. There is just something about the SLR that makes you feel special. My only complaint is the brake feel/effort. They require more effort than most other cars, and are like an on/off switch. Stopping smoothly will just take some getting used to, the brake performance is phenomenal. Renntech mods are surely in the cards in the near future, 740 hp and 735 lbs of torque will complete this car nicely :)

Below are some pictures after the trip home.

Aaron

Congrats Dude!! I told you!! The SLR freaking rocks out, and the red interior is fantastic. When I got mine we couldnt find any with the red! As you start experimenting with the car youll start feeling where its power points are, how to shift it etc etc. I love it, great choice!!!

Very nice car. I hope you don't have CC brakes. I had to get my rear brakes replaced under warranty and the cost of rotors and pads is beyond belief if one had to pay for it.Totally ridiculous.

Very nice car. I hope you don't have CC brakes. I had to get my rear brakes replaced under warranty and the cost of rotors and pads is beyond belief if one had to pay for it.Totally ridiculous.

They all have CC brakes.

The regular SLRs CC brakes and pads are just slightly less ridiculously priced due to them being smaller.

You know how much I like the SLR.... and in one of my preffered colors, black. :icon_thumleft: It looks great Aaron, congratulations!!

And to say that you have a nice home is an understatement....

They all have CC brakes.

I wasnt sure if the regular SLR did.Amyway,if and when the car goes off warranty it makes no sense to replace the brakes through MB. Movit can supply all 4 corners with lifetime warranty for less than half the MB asking price.

Hahah nice Aaron, now we'll finally see if the penis-mobile is worth the nonstop endless strokes Allan and porter have given it for ages... :eusa_dance:

Congrats, love the red!

Congrats Aaron, good choice... classy car for a class act!! Enjoy and whip out that Vbox when you get a chance. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks guys for all the comments. I will definitely hook the vbox up to it and get some times in the near future. Right now I am just enjoying the car and getting a feel for driving it. So far I am starting to see why Allan went on and on about it, haha.

Aaron