BMW M1 @ Cars & Coffee Meet

xknowonex

EPIC Car...saw one @ the BMW museum in Germany... so much history. That's one of the coolest thing I've seen being driven on the road. Mad Props!

I have always loved them, Aram has a couple of them I think. Hopefully he will chime in on this thread.

Nice purse. We are all waiting for Aram's response.

Thanks for the pix! That is truly a unique sight and moreover a classic truly deserving "props"! Would have loved to hear it roar down the track, I understand the M1 has a very unique throaty exhaust note...

Always stunning.

To deliver what the M1 delivered in terms of practicality, performance, and style, over 30 years ago, literally boggles the mind. Incredible achievement.

Cool car! Did Lamborghini design this, or is that just a rumor?

If memory serves, Lambo was contracted by BMW to build the M1. The design is all BMW. I don't think Lamborghini fulfilled the contract because of some issue (hmmm, lack of cash, perhaps?) and this was just one of several bumps in the road that the M1 had to deal with. I can't remember who actually built the M1's, maybe BMW?

Somebody smarter than me jump in here.

Jimmy

Edit: Google is your friend. Giugaro designed the body, BMW did all the mechanicals. Lamborghini was contracted to build the car but because of shaky finnancial condition, could not fulfill the contract. The M1 was ultimately built by Bauer, a German convertible company. A total of 455 M1's were built.

That looks like Fahey's car which is a street car with a procar body .I saw the car long time ago and the rear wing is not original procar.Other that that i don't remember if the engine had any work done to it.

The exhaust is terrible.

The street M1 is not that noisy.There is some intake noise inside the car but the exhaust note is very tame just like a normal BMW.

The procar is a different story.There are 2 exhausts for the procar, a six in one and six in two.The six in one sounds amazing,very high pitched and unbelievably loud.

I have link here to a video someone took of my car bfore i changed the livery back to original at the Glen.It will give you guys an idea.

Practice session.

Her is the way the car looks now.

Actual race,you can see 2 procars at the 2.20mark

Mosport

Mosport

Factory video when procar first came out

My white M1 street car second to the red M1 and also following the Mclaren f1

Lime rock

Grand prix of Toronto

That looks like Fahey's car which is a street car with a procar body .I saw the car long time ago and the rear wing is not original procar.Other that that i don't remember if the engine had any work done to it.

The exhaust is terrible.

The street M1 is not that noisy.There is some intake noise inside the car but the exhaust note is very tame just like a normal BMW.

The procar is a different story.There are 2 exhausts for the procar, a six in one and six in two.The six in one sounds amazing,very high pitched and unbelievably loud.

I have link here to a video someone took of my car bfore i changed the livery back to original at the Glen.It will give you guys an idea.

Practice session.

Anyone in a hurry to watch the video....fast forward to 3:50 or so....

WOW!

The exhaust is terrible.

Practice session.

Aram i must say those look like very fun cars. Is this you driving in this video? Very very smooth driving for racing, esp in high speed turns with others right next to you. Excellent video and excellent car.

Aram i must say those look like very fun cars. Is this you driving in this video? Very very smooth driving for racing, esp in high speed turns with others right next to you. Excellent video and excellent car.

Thank you.

Yes i am the driver.

Man, that car is incredible. Looks like it has traction for days. It did not seem to move in any of the corners that you hit. Is that the original livery for that car?

Man, that car is incredible. Looks like it has traction for days. It did not seem to move in any of the corners that you hit. Is that the original livery for that car?

The BASF livery is original.

A girl I knew in highschool here in cincy, her dad had a red M1 with the procar body kit on it, he was a jordanian who passed away so I think the car was sold off. Beautiful car, only saw it once. And the owner of one of the BMW dealers here had a red street version he used to keep in the showroom.