Powder coat or paint Calipers

Charlie

Okay, we have the calipers dropped off to the powder coater this week and they said no go because of the seals and the 400 degree heat. So, do we need to take the seals out etc. and must get them powder coated or are we able to get them professionally painted with a high temp paint?

Also, it is important that they are gloss and smooth - 2002-2004 Murcie calipers are not a smooth finish stock.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

We have done 100s of calipers. We did not powder coat for the reasones you listed. If you remove the pistons and the seals it will not damaged them but you risk the powder coating getting into the cylenders or other areas then you have a real mess. We always painted them with no problem even after tracking of the cars. If they put a thick layer of paint they are smoother then stock.

We have done 100s of calipers. We did not powder coat for the reasones you listed. If you remove the pistons and the seals it will not damaged them but you risk the powder coating getting into the cylenders or other areas then you have a real mess. We always painted them with no problem even after tracking of the cars. If they put a thick layer of paint they are smoother then stock.

:iamwithstupid:

Ditto on the paint. Don't powdercoat, PITA. The paint will look awesome and smooth as butter.

They are painting them several times so they will be smooth and then will put the Lambo insignia on them then clear them. I will attach images when I get them back. Thank you all for the feedback!

Lambo Tech Rob in town did a great job with the calipers. They thoroughly cleaned the calipers then had the paint shop use a high temp red paint, put the lambo insignia stickers on, then a couple coats of clear.

While the brakes were off Rob used a product that your light (actually flames on the brake pads) to stop the sqeaks - absolutely no brake sqeak and the car stops great! We used the Blue racing brake fluid.

Overall the calipers look great!

post-10287-1254680619_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1254680646_thumb.jpg

Lambo Tech Rob in town did a great job with the calipers. They thoroughly cleaned the calipers then had the paint shop use a high temp red paint, put the lambo insignia stickers on, then a couple coats of clear.

While the brakes were off Rob used a product that your light (actually flames on the brake pads) to stop the sqeaks - absolutely no brake sqeak and the car stops great! We used the Blue racing brake fluid.

Overall the calipers look great!

Charlie, nice look. I like your GFG's. I'm playing with the idea of repainting mine. In the second picture your spokes look white, or is that just the light/camera? I like the silver metal finish, or I could go with the gloss black look.

Also, thanks to SECC_Joe I got hooked up with Rob when I was there. I wish there was a tech like him in my area he's great.

Gasman, the GFG's are brushed center with chrome lips. I did not see your car in person but if you are going to change them do chrome lips with black centers, and yellow calipers...that looks great on your color car!

B4 and after image of car...red calipers definitely make a difference...

post-10287-1254690939_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1254691006_thumb.jpg

How do you guys go about painting the calipers and but keep the "lamborghini" decal in place?