WOOOOOHOOOO Finally, I drive my Lambo.

Assman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOOOOOOO.....Raj, how do you like it?

I friggin love it, the growl, the feel, the power. Everything everyone said about Murci's is very true, the good and the bad. It is easy to forget when you are driving the effect the car has on other people. You are instantly a rock star and everyone is looking at the car. That is good and bad.

I friggin love it, the growl, the feel, the power. Everything everyone said about Murci's is very true, the good and the bad. It is easy to forget when you are driving the effect the car has on other people. You are instantly a rock star and everyone is looking at the car. That is good and bad.

Funny thing is that the previous owner mentioned that. That he would actually get pulled over by cops that would just want to look at the car, and it happened several times! He also said (in spanish) that the amount of looks that he would get in it, would make him not want to drive it.

That video you posted doesnt do it justice. It sounds GREAT in person, and really screams when it is opened up. What did your family think of it?

Right on Gasman! Love the car...are you doing Oct 3 C&C then drive up to the Carefree show?

Right on Gasman! Love the car...are you doing Oct 3 C&C then drive up to the Carefree show?

Hope you are going to the Carefree show. If you are, I can't wait to hear the comparison between Charlie's car and yours!

CONGRATS & have a blast driving it around......

Just don't forget to drop down to 1st/2nd gear if you see a hot stuff hopping along the walkway and holla at the b*tch while revving on my behalf!! :icon_thumleft:

Congrats buddy!!!!! :icon_super: Car looks beautiful! Best of luck with her, it has been long awaited! :)

Hope you are going to the Carefree show. If you are, I can't wait to hear the comparison between Charlie's car and yours!

Hey, I'm not going to be there. I"m back in Ventura County. I wish I could have heard the difference between mine and Charlie's though.

Warning this post is my Lambo story in a nutshell. Please read only if you are really really bored.

A little over 2 years ago I was lamenting to a friend who bought a P911 GT3 that I wouldn't have the scratch to get a car like that.

Anyway, things ended up getting favorable. Some fortunate investments and opportunities arose and I ended up with some cheddar to go out and upgrade my car. Of course I thought the tried and true pillar of excellence, the P 911. I thought 80k and I'd be rolling. Problem was the 911's I wanted were over 100k and the ones I really wanted were over 130k. That and where I work no less than 10-15 people have 911s.

Somehow screwing around I think I found that f360's were dropping in price as well as the Gallardo. I thought I saw that 04 gallardo's could be had for 100k (this was 2 years ago). I thought I could jump into one of those and it'd be so much cooler to me. Then I went on 6 speed online and got trounced as a newb for asking about the 100k gallardo (Stryke you are still an ass hole, but people like you motivate me. Saying no to me just makes me prove people wrong). Come to find out the cheapest ones at that time were 140k. Still I had it stuck in my head. I joined up at Lambo Power (I was told it was the best Lambo site despite being filled with more assholes) and other lambo sites and started reasearch. I had a few negatives against ferrari. Those being, 1. One of my partners has a f355 and got rid of it because owning it was costing him TONS of money to maintain. Small things would break and it would cost 8-20 thousand to correct that and the other incidentals found. Another thing was the Ferrari culture, or the so known Ferrari faggotry. Ferrari people seemed so snobby and stuck on themselves. This could be seen in the dealerships close to my home. When I went to the Ferrari dealership they seemed like they were doing me a favor when I went to the Lambo dealership, they were really nice to me and treated me with dignity.

Reasearch also showed me that the Gallardo was a bulletproof car, meaning that if I could afford the buy in I'd be okay with the maintainence. I decided squarely on an 04 Gallardo, then the economy tanked. Prices started spiraling downwards and I was sitting pretty. For the money I was willing to spend I soon could afford the upgraded 06 cars and set my mind on the 06 Gallardo SE.

There was another issue. I had a test I needed to pass. The final major test of my education, the second part of a 2 part test. This test was set for April 2009. My wife and I made a pact that after this test was passed I was free to buy the car I choose. If I had failed the test it would mean another year of prep, risks of refailing and risks of losing my job.

During this time the prices continued to toilet and I set my sights on either an 07+ Spyder or a Superleggera. Then after more reasearch and looking I started getting more enamored with the end all be all car, the Murcielago.

Now, it's not a track car or a real driver's car. It's a car that's half engine and IMO not comparable to anything on the market. The F430 has the Gallardo, and soon the Mclaren and Lexus will be entering the segment. There may be other cars 'similar' to the big v12 lambo, but really nothing is the same. The scissor doors, the low slung really wide look. It is unique. So I went to look at the exact Superleggera I wanted to buy. Exact color options, etc and the price was right. I got into the showroom and next to it was a Murcielago. Well, I looked at the Murci and never looked back.

I started my reasearch and started bidding. I made a lot of Lambo friends along the way due to this site and had lots of help weeding out the bad apple cars. Finally I found my car. I had it prepared the way I wanted and finally took delivery last week. It was a LONG process.

The murci is not an every day car. It's not a car that is easy to get in and out of the single stall garage spot in my 3 car garage. When I take it out it always draws tons of attention. People take pictures of it with it, cell phone pics on the road.

I went to a 'Benefactors ball' last night. I called the resort ahead of time to make sure they'd have good parking for the Murci and they said they'd hook me up. I show up and they'd roped off 2 spots right out front. Everyone was checking out the car.

So basically the car is an experience as a whole rather than a driver's car or a track star. I never in my life thought I'd be driving the modern version of the countach that hung on my wall as a kid. Sure I loved the testarossa, but my favorite was the countach. I love the idea of a hyper car, a car that is just a little bit too ridiculous.

:)

Warning this post is my Lambo story in a nutshell. Please read only if you are really really bored.

Great write-up! Stories like that are good reminders for those of us who are still working our way toward that ultimate goal - becoming an owner! :icon_thumleft: Congrats to you for getting there.

A little over 2 years ago I was lamenting to a friend who bought a P911 GT3 that I wouldn't have the scratch to get a car like that.

Anyway, things ended up getting favorable. Some fortunate investments and opportunities arose and I ended up with some cheddar to go out and upgrade my car. Of course I thought the tried and true pillar of excellence, the P 911. I thought 80k and I'd be rolling. Problem was the 911's I wanted were over 100k and the ones I really wanted were over 130k. That and where I work no less than 10-15 people have 911s.

Somehow screwing around I think I found that f360's were dropping in price as well as the Gallardo. I thought I saw that 04 gallardo's could be had for 100k (this was 2 years ago). I thought I could jump into one of those and it'd be so much cooler to me. Then I went on 6 speed online and got trounced as a newb for asking about the 100k gallardo (Stryke you are still an ass hole, but people like you motivate me. Saying no to me just makes me prove people wrong). Come to find out the cheapest ones at that time were 140k. Still I had it stuck in my head. I joined up at Lambo Power (I was told it was the best Lambo site despite being filled with more assholes) and other lambo sites and started reasearch. I had a few negatives against ferrari. Those being, 1. One of my partners has a f355 and got rid of it because owning it was costing him TONS of money to maintain. Small things would break and it would cost 8-20 thousand to correct that and the other incidentals found. Another thing was the Ferrari culture, or the so known Ferrari faggotry. Ferrari people seemed so snobby and stuck on themselves. This could be seen in the dealerships close to my home. When I went to the Ferrari dealership they seemed like they were doing me a favor when I went to the Lambo dealership, they were really nice to me and treated me with dignity.

Reasearch also showed me that the Gallardo was a bulletproof car, meaning that if I could afford the buy in I'd be okay with the maintainence. I decided squarely on an 04 Gallardo, then the economy tanked. Prices started spiraling downwards and I was sitting pretty. For the money I was willing to spend I soon could afford the upgraded 06 cars and set my mind on the 06 Gallardo SE.

There was another issue. I had a test I needed to pass. The final major test of my education, the second part of a 2 part test. This test was set for April 2009. My wife and I made a pact that after this test was passed I was free to buy the car I choose. If I had failed the test it would mean another year of prep, risks of refailing and risks of losing my job.

During this time the prices continued to toilet and I set my sights on either an 07+ Spyder or a Superleggera. Then after more reasearch and looking I started getting more enamored with the end all be all car, the Murcielago.

Now, it's not a track car or a real driver's car. It's a car that's half engine and IMO not comparable to anything on the market. The F430 has the Gallardo, and soon the Mclaren and Lexus will be entering the segment. There may be other cars 'similar' to the big v12 lambo, but really nothing is the same. The scissor doors, the low slung really wide look. It is unique. So I went to look at the exact Superleggera I wanted to buy. Exact color options, etc and the price was right. I got into the showroom and next to it was a Murcielago. Well, I looked at the Murci and never looked back.

I started my reasearch and started bidding. I made a lot of Lambo friends along the way due to this site and had lots of help weeding out the bad apple cars. Finally I found my car. I had it prepared the way I wanted and finally took delivery last week. It was a LONG process.

The murci is not an every day car. It's not a car that is easy to get in and out of the single stall garage spot in my 3 car garage. When I take it out it always draws tons of attention. People take pictures of it with it, cell phone pics on the road.

I went to a 'Benefactors ball' last night. I called the resort ahead of time to make sure they'd have good parking for the Murci and they said they'd hook me up. I show up and they'd roped off 2 spots right out front. Everyone was checking out the car.

So basically the car is an experience as a whole rather than a driver's car or a track star. I never in my life thought I'd be driving the modern version of the countach that hung on my wall as a kid. Sure I loved the testarossa, but my favorite was the countach. I love the idea of a hyper car, a car that is just a little bit too ridiculous.

:)

Again man, congratulations!!! :icon_super:

Great right up Jason and I think we have all been in your exact position when we bought our first exotic...at least for me. The cars are truly peices of art that also provides some good endorphin kicks! Congrats again and I wish you only the best of luck with the car and future exotics...now you will never be without one for the rest of your life...you are now hooked.

...(I was told it was the best Lambo site despite being filled with more assholes) ...

:lol2:

Congratulations :headbang: