Raced a new GTR in my 6.2 Murci today

SECC_Joe

Exactly, so why is there even a comparison being made in this thread? That's what I dont understand. Why does a Lamborghini owner feel the need to have to protect his ego from a lowlife shit talker? That has nothing to do with the car itself, yet I see people giving their opinions of the GTR which is by no means a wrong thing to do...everyone is allowed to speak their minds. But why compare these two cars? Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, the Lambo will take it...we all know this.

The fact that people are even bringing up Nissan and Lamborghini and trying to make a comparison shows what an impressive car the GT-R is.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SP-superJay
Take a look at my signature. I have a Nissan GT-R, and I am not bashing the car at all. I'm just saying it's a big four seat grand touring car that should be praised in the way it can perform very well and still be a very usable car, which is very different than a mid engine Lambo, which is much more focused in its purpose. I'm actually agreeing with you that one is an apple and the other is an orange. When I say compete, I don't mean compete in a race. We all know any car could be tuned with enough money to "beat" any other car in a particular type of race. Like you said, two different tiers of cars.

haha I know, I noticed you owned both a GTR and Lambo, which therefore make your statements a little more conceivable, because you have first hand experience with both cars. I just think this turned into a GTR bashing thread, when it shouldn't even come down to that. Yes this is LamboPower, and we all love Lamborghini's no doubt. But this thread should be about the shit talkers out there that either need a good ass whooping..or for the Lambo owner to be the bigger man and know that what he owns will never be inferior to his opponent.

Exactly, so why is there even a comparison being made in this thread? That's what I dont understand. Why does a Lamborghini owner feel the need to have to protect his ego from a lowlife shit talker? That has nothing to do with the car itself, yet I see people giving their opinions of the GTR which is by no means a wrong thing to do...everyone is allowed to speak their minds. But why compare these two cars? Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, the Lambo will take it...we all know this.

I wanted to post about it because this particular GTR owner swore up and down that his GTR would not only outrun my 6.2, but an LP560 as well. I've been told the same by 2 other GTR owners who also own exotics. Frankly, with all of the chatter, I was suprised by the results.

The fact that people are even bringing up Nissan and Lamborghini and trying to make a comparison shows what an impressive car the GT-R is.

Bingo!!

Also, the reason why these two cars are being comapred, like Joe said, is because someone stated that the GTR would beat the Murci and the LP560. So, this started the conversation. That's all. lighten up, brother. It's all good. :icon_mrgreen:

They claim that the GTR will be just about ANYTHING out of the hole because of it's AWD, I then remind them that the Lambos are AWD too...DOOOH! :la:

From a dig I believe even with Schumacher behind the wheel a 997tt TIP will walk it.

From a dead stop, the first 2 gears push you in the seat and you feel tremendous pull. After that every gear gets a little more dissapointing.

Restrictions?

I think these are all great cars....and these days it all about the tech. I also find it amusing how times have changed; Comments such as 'by 140mph the G will destroy the GTR by 5 car lengths or so'. Even as little as 15 years ago, let alone 20, supercars would be quite literally 'out of sight' by 140 mph....maybe 1/2 a mile down the road!!

Since this became a GTR thread, what's up with the lack of cheap, used GTR's? I expected to see a ton on eBay, but was surprised to find mainly new ones.

I saw a 2009 with 2700 miles sell for $67,500 USD a week ago at a dealer auction.

I saw a 2009 with 2700 miles sell for $67,500 USD a week ago at a dealer auction.

that is still high. I wonder when they will be below 50k? there still seems to be tremendous demand for them.

HOLY JESUS fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/Shoots self in the head. Twice.

Since this shit didn't answer my question, would someone else care to enlighten me IF I was wrong in my following statement?

Power band should have a lot to do with it. The GTR lives for the track, while some say that exotics do, I disagree somewhat that, most of your exotics are geared for the high speeds, which lets them suffer more on the tight twisties. I could be wrong, but I believe this is why.

All in all at the end of the day the Nissan is still a Nissan, no matter how much power its making, It doen't have the PATINA as the italians would say and never will

Yeup, that's exactly what my friend (A) told the friend ( B ) of the guy who owns the GTR.

B, "The GTR would wreck the Lambo."

A, "I don't think so."

B, "There's no way the Lambo can run down the GTR."

A, "It doesn't matter, at the end of the day, your friend is driving a Nissan, and Dan is driving a Lamborghini."

Another scenario reported by my friend when he and this girl sighted the Black GTR:

[black GTR pulls up]

Girl, "Ooooooh, that's a nice car, what is it?"

Friend #2, "It's a Nissan GTR"

Girl, "Oh, that's nice, how much does it cost?"

Friend #2, "Take a guess."

Girl, "$35,000".

Yeup, that's exactly what my friend (A) told the friend ( B ) of the guy who owns the GTR.

B, "The GTR would wreck the Lambo."

A, "I don't think so."

B, "There's no way the Lambo can run down the GTR."

A, "It doesn't matter, at the end of the day, your friend is driving a Nissan, and Dan is driving a Lamborghini."

Another scenario reported by my friend when he and this girl sighted the Black GTR:

[black GTR pulls up]

Girl, "Ooooooh, that's a nice car, what is it?"

Friend #2, "It's a Nissan GTR"

Girl, "Oh, that's nice, how much does it cost?"

Friend #2, "Take a guess."

Girl, "$35,000".

Yep I have to agree with my youngest son on this one, "Dad at the end of the day - the patch on his hat says, Nissan"

If you guys think this GTR is something to talk about, wait till you see some Spec V's hitting the streets!

Read the stats on this one and let's see the douchebags run to Walgreen's and re-up on more Massengills.

--->Lank

If you guys think this GTR is something to talk about, wait till you see some Spec V's hitting the streets!

Read the stats on this one and let's see the douchebags run to Walgreen's and re-up on more Massengills.

--->Lank

Don't expect to see this Godzilla in the U.S. any time soon. Nissan can build only 30 units a month, all to be sold in Japan for the foreseeable future. Mizuno believes the premium price tag of $167,000 won't discourage buyers

:shock: Sorry, I'm discouraged.

Don't expect to see this Godzilla in the U.S. any time soon. Nissan can build only 30 units a month, all to be sold in Japan for the foreseeable future. Mizuno believes the premium price tag of $167,000 won't discourage buyers

:shock: Sorry, I'm discouraged.

167K for 5 extra horses, ceramic brakes, "high gear boost controller", suspension tweaks, wheels and no rear seats right?

It's not really the price tag that would discourage anyone with common sense....it's what you get with that...I guess it's Nissan's attempt at building their own version of a Superleggera. I would've seriously thought that there would be more boost output to put it maybe in the mid 500 to 600 range for that amount of coin.

167K for 5 extra horses, ceramic brakes, "high gear boost controller", suspension tweaks, wheels and no rear seats right?

It's not really the price tag that would discourage anyone with common sense....it's what you get with that...I guess it's Nissan's attempt at building their own version of a Superleggera. I would've seriously thought that there would be more boost output to put it maybe in the mid 500 to 600 range for that amount of coin.

Those sound like cool options, but for almost 3x the price of the regular car? I'm not really sure what they're basing this off of. The SL, GT2, Scuderia and SV are no where near that kind of price increase from the regular production car.

Here's a modded one running with a Hayabusa

See now I HAVE to respect that...GTRs are easier to make faster than any Lambo only up to a certain point IMO. I'm eagerly awaiting a 1000awhp set up for the GTR.

See now I HAVE to respect that...GTRs are easier to make faster than any Lambo only up to a certain point IMO. I'm eagerly awaiting a 1000awhp set up for the GTR.

Respect for the car, I think we've established that it's a piece of work, hell, I want one as a DD. But respect for a good portion of the fanbase and some of the drivers? That's still questionable.

What I find really odd about the results, is that I've had several people try to argue with me that the GTR is faster than an LP560. This is OBVIOUSLY not true.

I ran a GTR in my spyder last fall. We happen to be on a mexico freeway and went from about 80 to 150. i wasnt puling on him and he wasn't pulling on me. I had the top down and my car is stock. Two people in my car just the driver in the GTR. I'd say a LP-560 would beat it but not by much.