Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

232 mph for the UGR GTT. Congrats to them!!

So is that the 2nd fastest time of the day behind SW's Supra?

Hey fruitcake, I'm not taking after you! Did you get your covert cell phone for your calls to fruity 976 numbers?

My mafia wars buddies sent me all the cell phones I needed!

we have a video of a 221 mph run of my GT with a camera attached on the outside of my car. It's set inside my passenger air scoop. Probably take a couple of days to get it online, the internet speed (cell reception) is VERY slow at the track.

we have a video of a 221 mph run of my GT with a camera attached on the outside of my car. It's set inside my passenger air scoop. Probably take a couple of days to get it online, the internet speed (cell reception) is VERY slow at the track.

How about some more pictures? Much faster to upload. :D

Weight has less to do with it than you might think. The start doesn't make much of a difference either. The whole run is wrapped up in the big end of the track where your power to aerodynamic drag ratio is the main factor. If the lambos are really making north of 1400whp I think they have a chance at challenging the record. I can't wait for tomorrow's results.

That's what I was thinking, and I was trying to rationalize why they weren't at least in the 240s at those levels. Especially with awd, motec, boost by gear, and upgraded gears

talked with one of the porsche guys and they think a wheel well liner came off and did something to move the car around. They also think it could have been a wind gust as well. We are having 15 mph crosswinds. My GT is moving around juuuuuuust a little compared to when we had tail winds in March.

That's what I was thinking, and I was trying to rationalize why they weren't at least in the 240s at those levels. Especially with awd, motec, boost by gear, and upgraded gears

If anything, AWD would be more of a hindrance for top speed runs than an advantage, the mechanical friction takes away power.

Once someone gets their hands on a Balboni 560 to work some TT magic things should get interesting.

2 questions:

Who/what is "SW" with regard to the Supra?

Why don't I seem to hear about any TT C0rve++e guys running the mile? I'd think those cars would do a good number.

If anything, AWD would be more of a hindrance for top speed runs than an advantage, the mechanical friction takes away power.

Once someone gets their hands on a Balboni 560 to work some TT magic things should get interesting.

2 questions:

Who/what is "SW" with regard to the Supra?

Why don't I seem to hear about any TT C0rve++e guys running the mile? I'd think those cars would do a good number.

I believe the Black TT G that went over 230 is running rwd not awd

wow .. this is great reading guys! Must have been a lot of fun. Congrats all! Thanks for sharing the pix

DL

#1..JoeDirt.. Congrats on the runs! Top notch... It seems your car runs almost identicly to mine in Miami... Jason also recorded a 4.65 60-130 and 0-202 was 19.02 running somewhere in the 950rwhp range according to Jason.

#2.. I will stand up for UGR.. ONCE :eusa_shhh: Some of you guys have NO IDEA how much balls it takes to drive these cars at the speeds they are going... Down low, until you hit say 4th gear, sure it fast, but it happens soo quickly and you arent yet hitting break neck speeds.. Its when you start clicking 4th,5th and 6th ( Ive never hit 6th in my TT G) that things start rushing by soo quickly that it takes MASSIVE balls to stay in it.. People dont realise that these cars accelerate as hard at those speeds as these cars do in first gear stock... As an example Accichellis recorded a 100-130mph time in his GTT of 2 seconds... The same time Ive gotten to go 0-30. I could not imagine being strapped into that car rocketing at 230+mph in under 1 mile on their first time out... Way more balls than Ive got...

Glad everyone is ok and hope they all stay safe...

Your not kidding! It takes big ones to stay in it especially when your in a street car. You don't have that sense of security at speed.

UGR Results just got text to me from Texas

Jonah driving his Black Nera

Kyle on Base Boost missing 3rd gear went 217 on first pass.

If more comes in I will update...

Congrats Kyle! Way to go :icon_super:

Great news for RSC.. their bumper holds together at 217mph!

I was just going to post that--Kyle's body guy must have used some serious epoxy on that splitter! And we may find out how well it holds up at 230 or so tomorrow--Kyle only got in the one pass.