15 year old girl, Gang Raped at homecoming dance

Roman

anyways doesn't bother me since I can afford to send my kid to a school in a respectable community not one where 50%+ of the males are criminals.

We should nominate you for a humanity award. Nice to know that it "doesn't bother" you. :rolleyes:

So if it were your daughter, it shouldn't bother anyone across the country because they don't live near you, right? that's some pretzel logic.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it right for charges to be filed against people for just standing around...? I don't mean ones who videotaped the thing, but I mean ones who just stood and watched? How is it a crime to do nothing if a crime is going on? Maybe certain people have a reason not to intervene? Or maybe they did not have a cellphone (it can happen). That just doesn't sound right to me.

They might have, but some teenagers and young people have skulls thicker then tank armor, and believe nothing bad will happen to them, so they are frisky and stupid despite their parents constant warnings. I have seen this first-hand with my sister unfortunately.

This is the real crux of the debate.....

And its nothing new.... Nothing at all....

When I was a kid it was Kitty Genovese.... That one shocked the country.....

I remember studying it in High School....

This one will be forgotten in a week. Because societal callousness has come such a long way.

that's some pretzel logic.

^^lol^^

This is a despicable act but it happens in a lot of places every day. When its a major headline its just a reminder that the human race has not evolved from its 'animalistic era' completely. Very sad indeed.

So if it were your daughter, it shouldn't bother anyone across the country because they don't live near you, right? that's some pretzel logic.

umm no, someone said they're afraid to raise children cause of incidents like this. I merely stated that this sort of stuff doesn't happen regularly in all communities in the US and is specific to poorer areas. By the same logic the extremely high incidence of rape occurring in S. Africa isn't going to stop me from raising a family either.

and more importantly these sorts of things happen almost always when drugs and alcohol are involved. A competent parent would teach their daughter to stay away from drugs. I suppose that's not easy considering most universities are extremely tolerant and even encourage drug use, no surprise rapes constantly occur in colleges settings among intoxicated students.

umm no, someone said they're afraid to raise children cause of incidents like this. I merely stated that this sort of stuff doesn't happen regularly in all communities in the US and is specific to poorer areas. By the same logic the extremely high incidence of rape occurring in S. Africa isn't going to stop me from raising a family either.

It sounded like you were saying that she "had it coming" because of the place that she was raised in and resided in and that it's not as big of a deal as if it happened in a high income community. Did I read into that incorrectly? If I did, please help me understand what you are saying.

considering gangs like the Latin Kings or MS-13 aren't found in higher income communities I'd say more affluent people don't need to worry about their children being gang raped.

considering gangs like the Latin Kings or MS-13 aren't found in higher income communities I'd say more affluent people don't need to worry about their children being gang raped.

I don't think that it was an actual organized gang with members, it was just a bunch of scumbags together.

considering gangs like the Latin Kings or MS-13 aren't found in higher income communities

Actually..... Thats completely false.

Gang members live in every socio-ecomnomic neighborhood....

And the LAST TIME I remember hearing something like this happening, it happened in the RICHEST socio-economic city in the nation- Newport beach California....

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-54372394.html

Even though unfortunately the scumbags sitting around and watching won't ultimately be convicted of anything, hopefully everyone that was there gets dragged through the mud and outed to some degree.

Usually in a gang situation like that where there were likely people from all different age groups, people will start to squeal on each other and blame everyone else in an effort to try and save their own ass. So even those that didn't participate but watched, will hopefully end up getting 'named' by someone and after all is said and done, even though they don't get convicted, they at least have some answering to do and are put on watch in the community.

"Is it right for charges to be filed against people for just standing around...? "

People in Richmond are probably conditioned not to report anything as most high crime areas are the same..throw Richmond and the city of Oakland in the same bucket...(excluding Oakland hills)

Actually..... Thats completely false.

Gang members live in every socio-ecomnomic neighborhood....

And the LAST TIME I remember hearing something like this happening, it happened in the RICHEST socio-economic city in the nation- Newport beach California....

oh-snap.jpg

There you go again, RD! throwing in such useless information as actual facts. You know that actual, concrete facts have no bearing on anything! :icon_mrgreen:

this is sickening. truly sickening. I have a girlfriend, a mom, and a sister so it really hits me....and I dont see how it wouldnt hit everybody. In my opinion rape is the single worst crime anyone can committ. it basically is torture.

there was a movie with jodie foster I believe where she was ganged raped in one of the scenes. it was probably the single most disturbing 5 minutes of film i have ever seen.

I think there is a major difference between two boys raping a girl compared to 20 involved in this one. Not a single witness of this crime reported it.

Try explaining that to the girl that got raped.

Correction the story says three boys drugged and raped a girl and taped it. Compared to the other girl who a bunch of random guys raped at school calling their friends over to participate in or at least watch. Girl was found semi-conscious hours later after someone at a party heard about the rape and reported it to the police.

I think there is a major difference between two boys raping a girl compared to 20 involved in this one. Not a single witness of this crime reported it.

I have a rope and tree that disagree.

This series happened a while back in the Western suburbs of Sydney. Absolutely shocking.

Sydney gang rapes

IMO the reason no one reports these incidents at the time is that anyone "invited" to be involved are all shit people. No one decent enough to report it to police have any knowledge of it happening.

this is sickening. truly sickening. I have a girlfriend, a mom, and a sister so it really hits me....and I dont see how it wouldnt hit everybody. In my opinion rape is the single worst crime anyone can commit. it basically is torture.

:iamwithstupid:

I feel exactly the same way man, I not only get enraged when I have to read another one of these stories but deeply saddened for the young lady...

I'll tell you this; if that ever happened to someone I loved and cared about, those bastard(s) had best pray to whomever it is they pray to that they would be caught by police before being found by me. :icon_evil:

Having a 4y/o daughter, this hits hard. Having younger sisters (well, they are 30 now) I can only imagine....

I say kill the fuggers awfully slowly and that includes those that watched and did nothing.

:iamwithstupid:

Man, are people this f'd up that they could not stop nor call 911...out of 20+ people...that is just not right...God Bless the girl and her family and I hope the 20+ people get what should be coming to them....ALL of them!

I'm not one to post much (let alone call out a well-respected mod) but was that really necessary?

Read my comment again. I stated that I suspected that the girl was white and the others were not. It could have just as easily been switched around the other way however based upon the one kid caught, my guess is I've got it right.

Lines of prejudice run deep and sometimes supercede the parents into the grandparents and beyond; hundreds of years of blueprinting filtered down into a kid. Social integration with other schoolchildren occurs however it's very difficult to unlearn deep seated beliefs.

As RD pointed out racism occurs irrespective of economic status. It's everywhere. Now in this case it could be a simple situation of a girl who decided to get drunk with a bunch of buddies then for some reason got raped by them behind the school. I don't think so. Look at the ages in the story - the males were as old as mid-20s. Those aren't kids that attend that school. Those are kids that are in gangs. And the number one thing we see in gangs are division by race.

And if it was gang related, take a wild guess why up to two dozen people saw the heinous act and did not react. Fear of retaliation.