Teen sentenced to 50 years in prison

Guest SP-superJay

I wish we had punishments like this in Sweden.

Just a couple of months ago two kids were sentenced for planned(!!!) murder and they got 1 year in juvenile.

ONE YEAR!! For a planned murder! It's not like it was an accident.

They were 16yrs old, one guy and one girl. The guy had kissed another girl, his girlfriend got completely mad and convinced the guy to kill the girl he kissed. They planned it for about two weeks until he finally said to the girl he kissed "hey, lets go out in the woods, I want to show you something." Then BAM! Killed her.

One year....they'll get out when their 18 and got their whole fcuking life ahead of them.

They deserve 50 years, just as that kid who stole his dads car and did a drive-by with his homies.

Sorry for the OT, but I just had to get it out there.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wanna be a big bad ass gang member going around fcuking over people's lives that's fine just be prepared to pay if you're going to play. If one of those kids blown away execution style was my son or daughter I'd wish the teen got 500 years instead of 50.

+1

Guest SP-superJay
And Jay, an eye for an eye... If you murder you DO deserve and should be put to death! This lets pat the poor underprivileged little kids on the back and rehabilitate them bullshit doesn't work. If this kid is involved in this shit at 14 just think what he'll be into by the time he's 21. The only solution is to eliminate this trash from society.

Slow your role Trent. I started this conversation to get everyone's side of the story, because I thought it was an interesting topic. Don't call people out, especially me for voicing my opinion on the subject of the matter. I am open to interpretation, and that's exactly why I want to hear everyone's thoughts. BTW, unlike you...I believe everyone deserves second chances, depending on the circumstances. Probably many may not side with my feelings on the subject, but sometimes you do stupid shit that you regret (I know I have)...but I received a second chance and made things right. I didn't put a bullet in anyone's head...and thanks to RD that part of the story has been released. I am basing my opinion solely off what I read in my OP.

Hey, he killed 3 gang bangers right? He might have saved other lives down the line... give him a break.. :drunk:

I think if a gangbanger kills another gangbanger (not an innocent bystander) he should be tried only for making noise in public place and waking up the neighbours.. :icon_mrgreen:

That way we encourage a decline in gangbangers population and give them incentive to be extra careful not to shoot innocent bystanders...

What I'm saying is leave the gangbangers alone, they will do each other in and save tax payers money.. :icon_thumleft:

Sounds nice if there wouldn´t be the occasional innocent victim, like the guy who got paralyzed down the waist in the shooting...

Sounds nice if there wouldn´t be the occasional innocent victim, like the guy who got paralyzed down the waist in the shooting...

But that's exactly my point, bangers will have a good reason now to get their fat asses out of their lowriders and shoot their nemesis from a closer range, that will no doubt result in less innocent people getting in the line of fire..

You wanna be a big bad ass gang member going around fcuking over people's lives that's fine just be prepared to pay if you're going to play. If one of those kids blown away execution style was my son or daughter I'd wish the teen got 500 years instead of 50.

+2

Guest SP-superJay
But that's exactly my point, bangers will have a good reason now to get their fat asses out of their lowriders and shoot their nemesis from a closer range, that will no doubt result in less innocent people getting in the line of fire..

I concur :icon_thumleft:

After RD put it in perspective about the kid driving them, getting out, then watching them shoot the two young teens in the back of the head, I retract any previous thoughts about it being over done. fcuk'em, let'em rot!

I'm a little torn but ultimatly, kid got what he deserved. made a mistake, more like he FUCKED THE POOCH, ROYALY BAD!!! people are dead in part because of him. with out harsh punishments like this one, this problem will never be solved.

Keep one thing in mind.... This wasnt a "Drive by". They DROVE the car to the neighborhood..... THEN GOT OUT OF THE CAR AS A GROUP.... And shot the victims close up- "EXECUTION STYLE".

The original article didnt articulate that (it was written in a way to raise controversy and generate attention- Like were giving it....). It focused on his stealing and driving the car, (which although is bad, is certainly not the EXTENT of his involvement- How they GOT to the neighborhood isnt nearly as important as what they did as a GROUP once they got there).

So what we REALLY have is a GROUP of 5 or 6 young gang members, SURROUNDING three rivals, and Putting bullets in two of their heads....

NOW, to the ones on the fence.... does the fact that he may or may not have actually done the shooting MATTER under that circumstance?

Oh my bad then..i thought he drove them to the house and didnt had anything else to do with what happen outside the car.. :icon_thumleft:

After RD put it in perspective about the kid driving them, getting out, then watching them shoot the two young teens in the back of the head, I retract any previous thoughts about it being over done. fcuk'em, let'em rot!

:iamwithstupid:

There are around 3,000 juveniles in US jails who have been tried as ADULTS and sentenced to life WITHOUT parole, so this is not a big news item per se..... Florida will even sentence a minor to LWOP, for crimes less than murder.

Slightly OT, but food for thought.....2,300,000 people currently reside in American jails, the highest per capita incarceration rate in the world, and for a comparison, around 6 times higher than the Canadian rate. We generally only read about the violent crimes, but around half the inmates are doing time for non violent, drug related crime, and the perecentage of minorities in prison is vastly disproportionate to their percentage of the general population. Years ago some prison money was spent on rehab and education, but now, its just wharehousing. The underlying assumption is that personal redemption is not possible, so lock 'em up and throw away the key. Prisons and criminal justice are big biz in this country, altough at some point locking up so many people will become cost prohibitive.

Do minorities commit crimes disproportionately to their % of the population?

Yep.

So it's no surprise more of them are in jail.

Avoiding jail is easy. All you have to do is not commit crimes. Actually you just need to avoid bad crimes... parking tickets don't land you in jail. Driving gang members on a hit that kills 2 people does.

As it should.

Indisputable fact is, a sizable percentage of the population(right across the color, ethnic spectrum) wants to get high, and is not afraid to illegally buy their dope, kinda comparable to the days of Prohibition, when people HAD TO HAVE their booze. The War on Drugs is a lost cause, like Prohibition was in the 20's. If we really want to try to reduce crime, gang violence, and save A LOT of taxpayer $$$ on jails, start off with gradual decriminalization, then legalize the shit. For the small percentage of the population that seriously abuses their substance of choice, offer the same kind of assistance/help that is currently available to alcoholics.

Would legalizing drugs have the same effect as legalization of alcohol? I have heard that unlike with alcohol, where upon being legalized, the organized crime component went away, that in countries where drugs are legalized, it just brings the organized crime component out into the open.

Would legalizing drugs have the same effect as legalization of alcohol? I have heard that unlike with alcohol, where upon being legalized, the organized crime component went away, that in countries where drugs are legalized, it just brings the organized crime component out into the open.

Where have you heard that? Sources? Specifics?

isn't California the same state too broke to afford jails. If I remember correctly didn't a judge decide $30,000/yr per inmate which included $10,000/year on health care was inadequate and let loose 1/3 of Cali's prison population to recommit crimes on the innocent again.

what a joke, the same system that couldn't lock up 3 criminals in the first place decides to imprison a kid for 50 years after he voluntarily confessed to watching someone else kill a bunch of violent criminals.

He should deserve everything he got, he kept his mouth shut before driving therefore conspiracy to murder. Although he turned himself, all of this could have been prevented if he had not been involved.

The media has also has hide his personality, who knows he may be the punk that vandalizes property, assaults innocent people.

I live in Charlotte NC that has started to see gang activity.

I will condone any action that stops these low life Fers from ruining both my quality of life and dragging other kids into the gang no win life style.

Sorry to sound harsh but these people are scum and destroy every thing and every one they touch.

Russell

Do minorities commit crimes disproportionately to their % of the population?

Yep.

So it's no surprise more of them are in jail.

Minorities are disproportionately engaged in the drug trade. They are also disproportionately imprisoned for drug use(compared to whites) Besides jamming another million people(mostly black/Latino) into our jails(for non violent crime), the war on drugs has been an total failure in terms of curbing America's appetite for illegal drugs. The drive bys, murders( typically turf wars for market share) grab out attention, and being tough on crime gets politicians elected, but it comes at a huge cost, to our minorities and also to the taxpayer.

Here is a good article on the subject if you are interested.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/23382

I don't see legalizing drugs happening anytime soon, if ever, but decriminalization for possession of small amounts would be a good start. In 2008 nearly a million people were arrested for pot, a colossal waste of time and money, imo. If drugs were legalized, regulated, taxed, as is the case with booze, the organized crime element would be drastically reduced.

the war on drugs is a failure because certain politicians refuse to close the border and kick illegals out. no surprise those same politicians now want to decriminalize drug use to accommodate their needs.

Saying this dumbass made a mistake is fcuking idiotic. A mistake at this kids age is stealing cigarettes or drinking your parents alcohol. Driving gang members to a rival gang's neighborhood in order to kill them is so far beyound a mistake or bad choice. The whole idea of everyone deserves a second chance is stupid as well. He didn't steal a turkey to feed his family or break into a car, he made a series of decisions that lead to 2 dead teens, there shouldn't be another try at life for you.

There isn't a person in this country that doesn't know what being in a gang involves, and if this kid is the exception, then he is too dumb to be safely involved in our society. "He turned himself in, he deserves a break", I say kudos to him for making one good decision in his life, but that doesn't undo his epic fail at life. fcuk him.

The only positive thing to come from this is the 2 dead gang members will never have a 2nd chance to make a "mistake" that ends the life of an innocent person.

The world is a mess . Grown men beating defenseless toddlers to death , a convicted " reformed " then released rapist kidnaps a child prisoner until adulthood and the list goes on .

There are crimes for which there should be no question as to the sentence .

Where have you heard that? Sources? Specifics?

I 'm not sure of the exact countries, but I think nations such as Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, etc...have tried either legalization of drugs or lax enforcement of drug laws. I have read soem say this leads to much higher addiction, and hence crime, rates in these countries, however I also read an article about Portugal legalizing drugs and their drug use declining so who knows.

I 'm not sure of the exact countries, but I think nations such as Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, etc...have tried either legalization of drugs or lax enforcement of drug laws. I have read soem say this leads to much higher addiction, and hence crime, rates in these countries, however I also read an article about Portugal legalizing drugs and their drug use declining so who knows.

I got what you were saying the first time. Was just wondering if you had something concrete to show to back up your thoughts.

"I'm not sure..."

"etc..."

"I have read some..."

"who knows."

:eusa_naughty: :icon_mrgreen:

the war on drugs is a failure because certain politicians refuse to close the border and kick illegals out. no surprise those same politicians now want to decriminalize drug use to accommodate their needs.

Mexico(with a lot of financial support from the US) started its own "war on drugs" a few years ago.... its not gong so well down there either, in fact the country has nearly become a narco state.. most politicians, police and the military are on the take, and the level of violence is 100 times worse than the US. We also spend a lot of DEA money in Colombia, a good percentage of which gets diverted to the local elites, but not the poisonous herbicides sprayed on the coca plantations by US airplanes... that shit will later go up the noses, and into the bloodstreams of millions of American users.

As long as Americans are willing to spend 50 billion a year on dope, these countries and the drug cartels that run them, will find a way to get the drugs to the "market".

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200912/mexico-drugs