Why I don't fly

Mako

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And to think there are people out there who think its wrong for people like that to have to pay for two seats. A guy i work with is paying to fly first class simply because he doesnt feel right impeding on the people next to him and he is half the size of that guy!

This guy is a safety hazard.

How could you evacuate the plane with this guy's butt clogging the aisle?

The FAA needs to intervene and do something before a disaster occurs

This guy is a safety hazard.

How could you evacuate the plane with this guy's butt clogging the aisle?

The FAA needs to intervene and do something before a disaster occurs

That is a SERIOUS issue in an A320/737 if you can only evacuate through the window exits.

He must go through life pretty hard with evrything being small for him, he is even head and shoulders taller than the tall guy sitting next to him.

Doubt they would ever let him on that plane if that was the only option, who knows maybe he just has horrible aim and missed the aisle behind him when he sat down :lol:

Thankful I've never been on a plane near someone of that size though. Very good point about the evacuation, never really thought about that aspect

Although a counterpoint would be that if the plane were to nosedive into the ground, you would want to be behind him.

Kind of like a big fat smelly airbag.

He must go through life pretty hard with evrything being small for him, he is even head and shoulders taller than the tall guy sitting next to him.

I think he is sitting on the armrest. My god, could you imagine sitting in that seat after him and having to rest your arm on that armrest.... :gay:

Not super funny. I have seen people have to sit on a plane for 4-5 hours with someone almost that big next to them. It truly is not fair that someone that size has the ability to buy a plane ticket for one seat that maxes out for someone around 250-300 pounds. It is not fair to the person who is graced with his presence next to him. I know that they are trying to force larger people to buy two seats, we will see if that ever goes through. Hell, when I take my bicycle on a plane, I get charged by Delta for oversized package prices but the thing only weighs 28 pounds in a box and is smaller than the two 50 pound rolling cases I could take for free. So it is ok for a guy with a somewhat oddly shaped package to get fucked price wise for taking a large package but not for this guy to pay for two seats when he probably could hardly fit in anything short of his own row.

Not super funny. I have seen people have to sit on a plane for 4-5 hours with someone almost that big next to them.

It nearly happened to me on a flight to NYC a few years ago. I preselected an isle seat at the front of the plane, kinda pleased that I would be off the plane, and in Manhatton within a half an hour of landing, BUT when I got to my seat, sitting together were the two fattest women I have ever seen, each weighing over 300lbs, they had to pop their armrests to fit in, and spilled over into my seat, leaving me around 8" of room. I called a flight attendent and demanded another seat, she said sure no problem, and led me further back to empty seat, but there was a 250lb dude sitting there, so I asked for another, sure..... wound up at the back of the plane!

Waiting for the day when the FAA wakes up to the fact that Americans are bigger now than ever, for them to force the airlines to give us bigger fcuking seats!

If the scene from Alive ever played out, that guy is a fcuking buffet.

HAHAHA...he'd have to die in an "accident" pretty quickly to make sure he didnt lose too much weight and leave the rest of the survivors to starve!

It nearly happened to me on a flight to NYC a few years ago. I preselected an isle seat at the front of the plane, kinda pleased that I would be off the plane, and in Manhatton within a half an hour of landing, BUT when I got to my seat, sitting together were the two fattest women I have ever seen, each weighing over 300lbs, they had to pop their armrests to fit in, and spilled over into my seat, leaving me around 8" of room. I called a flight attendent and demanded another seat, she said sure no problem, and led me further back to empty seat, but there was a 250lb dude sitting there, so I asked for another, sure..... wound up at the back of the plane!

Waiting for the day when the FAA wakes up to the fact that Americans are bigger now than ever, for them to force the airlines to give us bigger fcuking seats!

You got hosed. I was flying steerage and had a similar situation. I got moved to a vacant first class seat. I always choose an aisle seat. I can't stand being stranded inside of the sardine can.