Heffner Performance Audi R8 V8 Twin Turbo....

TCT

I must say, that system looks pretty damn clean. Well done as always Jason! :icon_thumleft:

This isnt by any chance your car TCT is it? Or were you just lucky enough to bet he first to stumble across the pics?

I must say, that system looks pretty damn clean. Well done as always Jason! :icon_thumleft:

This isnt by any chance your car TCT is it? Or were you just lucky enough to bet he first to stumble across the pics?

Nice thought but the car belongs to a gentleman in Florida.

and yea... You could say I found the pics on the site first. :)

Looks like it just rolled off the factory floor doesn't it...

Wow...that intercooler looks OEM...no it looks better than OEM.

Unbelievable work!

Looks nice but......Audi already has a TT 4.2, what is the difference between the Audi version and the Heffner version?

was expecting more hp.however this a huge improvement.

Amazing to think that a stock LP560 pulled nearly 500rwhp on the same dyno that the TT 4.2 Audi pulls 536rwhp... :icon_thumleft:

Looks nice but......Audi already has a TT 4.2, what is the difference between the Audi version and the Heffner version?

About 150 horsepower and the fact that this one is in an R8.

I saw this car at the dragstrip (PBIR) tonight, it was getting ready to run when something went wrong with a POS, it kept going straight and ran right into the net barriers at the end of the track, someone said it was a 140MPH car, guy was airlifted out and the track was closed for the night!

The R8 looked and sounded awesome, too bad we didn't get to see what it could do.... next time!

I saw this car at the dragstrip (PBIR) tonight, it was getting ready to run when something went wrong with a POS, it kept going straight and ran right into the net barriers at the end of the track, someone said it was a 140MPH car, guy was airlifted out and the track was closed for the night!

The R8 looked and sounded awesome, too bad we didn't get to see what it could do.... next time!

They said the R8 was a 140 MPH car? That seems pretty fast.

Met with Jason while on vacation last week, saw one of the R8's and some other serious metal he is working on in the shop.....in person the work is awesome, just awesome (as many already know).....the only thing that was disappointing is learning that this system won't fit in an RS4.

Keep up the great work.

was expecting more hp.however this a huge improvement.

Send yours over, and I am sure you will get way more Wayne. Great looking install, the best I have seen out of Heff's shop yet. :icon_thumleft:

How much is it though? For that small of a hp gain, i'd imagine it's still pretty pricey

I can see why you'd feel that way, but taking a car from 350rwhp to 540rwhp is a massive power boost over stock. Probably well worth whatever price tag the kit will wind up with in the mind of the average owner. Unlike most of the heroic Vbox warriors on the internets, the majority of buyers aren't looking to do time trials on mexican roads or obliterate 60-130 times. They simply want to improve the power level of their already great car.

Plus we're all just jaded by the now commonplace "1,000hp" Vipers/G-cars running around these days. :icon_mrgreen:

How much is it though? For that small of a hp gain, i'd imagine it's still pretty pricey

I'd imagine with this being the first build the boost is still set quite low. Just a guess but I'm sure it could easily see higher numbers with a few more psi :)

Plus we're all just jaded by the now commonplace "1,000hp" Vipers/G-cars running around these days. :icon_mrgreen:

Haha I was thinking the same thing as I read this thread Mako! :) It is amazing how much the performance bar or "standards" have been raised in the past couple of years!!! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

And the best part is, these HUGE power-levels are being realized RELIABLY!!! :shock: If someone had told me when I was a teenager that 10 years later, people would be driving in 1000RWHP Lamborghinis that were so reliable, they had manners similar to stock, I would have sworn they were dreaming. :)

It is truly an awesome time to be an enthusiast.

had manners similar to stock,

A 1000rwhp G @full throttle is a beast, with zero manners, no grace, no poise, its just flat out nuts :icon_mrgreen: .....This is where the logic of adding significant power, but not crazy power comes in.... you can DRIVE the car, corner or track it w/o white knuckles or going limp dick on the throttle.

I have a lot of seat time in R8s, and love the car. IMO, 500 to 600 rwhp is more than enough power..... add more, and you will ruin the every day drivability/fun factor, which are the best qualities of this car.

wow! Jason i must say this is the best install/setup i have ever seen on a TT conversion kit!

keep up the great work! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Send yours over, and I am sure you will get way more Wayne. Great looking install, the best I have seen out of Heff's shop yet. :icon_thumleft:

Bernard...it is NOT MINE!...Wifes car..... she wants NO PART OF PERFORMANCE UPGRADES.

• 2 weeks later...