Remember that Mustanglardo?

dreamcast18

I could have kinda understood if they had just just dropped a gallardo engine from a wreck into the mustang. But making an AWD midengine car out of a mustang is just a giant waste of time and money. And to take a perfectly good gallardo apart for this makes me feel sad.

I could have kinda understood if they had just just dropped a gallardo engine from a wreck into the mustang. But making an AWD midengine car out of a mustang is just a giant waste of time and money. And to take a perfectly good gallardo apart for this makes me feel sad.

That is aweful!!!

And to take a perfectly good gallardo apart for this makes me feel sad.

I have big doubts that they took a clean title Gallardo for this experiment. Then again, whoever got this brilliant idea probably isnt thinking clearly to begin with.

I have big doubts that they took a clean title Gallardo for this experiment. Then again, whoever got this brilliant idea probably isnt thinking clearly to begin with.

It was a clean title no story car, they sold the left over parts and title on ebay.

I dont understand this car. What were they trying to accomplish?

well, if you cant afford a gallardo. then you try to get one that by modding your mustang right? hey its something the poor guy can be proud of.

He probably wanted a italian sports car with a horse theme and someone told him to not buy a ferrari.

Otherwise I have no clue why someone will do something like this.

Damn, the Gallardo got so cheap and common that people are using them as donor cars for Fords..!? :shock:

Strange world we live in... with that said, i know some people just getting a kick from performing a "heart transplant" surgeries for cars, this is by no means a replica of the Gallardo but something more

"novel".. :icon_thumleft:

well, if you cant afford a gallardo. then you try to get one that by modding your mustang right? hey its something the poor guy can be proud of.

no, the guy could afford the gallardo and bought one. bought a mustang shell too. plus the labor, R&D, etc. I would say he has right around the cost of a new LP560 into this "project" Doesnt make sense but it is a strange world we live in. Perhaps it was to showcase his mechanical talents as an auto shop. A promotional campaign to create a stir. Im sure it made an impact amongst his target market that they will never forget. The message it sends out to the consumer is if they could put a lamborghini engine/trans etc into a mustang, they could do just about any type of work to my car This is the only reasoning I can see behind this

Perhaps it was to showcase his mechanical talents as an auto shop. A promotional campaign to create a stir. Im sure it made an impact amongst his target market that they will never forget. The message it sends out to the consumer is if they could put a lamborghini engine/trans etc into a mustang, they could do just about any type of work to my car This is the only reasoning I can see behind this

Bingo... It was done for SEMA a few years ago.