Yellow Roadster Owner Incident

Andrew R.

RIP fellow Socal Yellow Murcie owner.. :crybaby2:

does anyone know ANY details of where/how it happened? I can guess somewhere in the Malibu hills area given it was Sunday but of course I don't know for sure..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew, has the CHP said anything more about the cause of the accident? Slippery? Gravel? Or is it just too early. I guess as I sit here, I realize once again it could have just as easily been me. Aviation has their NTSB summaries which makes for better pilots, I wish the same thing was available for car accidents. I'd love to know what went wrong.

RIP.

If it was in Malibu, all I can say is that with the recent heavy rains a lot of mud and gravel has been washed on to the roads making them like ice to drive on. Most of it has been cleared up though their are the odd patches remaining which can catch you out.

Accident happened about 1:30pm on Bouquet Canyon Road in front of the Big Oaks Lodge, unfortunately many people witnessed the horrific accident. Police estimated his speed to be 48-52mph, cause of accident, he was just going a little too fast which put him into spin going through the turn and into a tree. The car impacted direct center on the driver's door.

I dont want to discuss the details of Payman's injuries, but it was as bad as it could have been without killing him on the spot. He died in surgery at Holy Cross hospital at 11:57pm.

We have to be careful out there... this could have happened to any of us. Think about all the times you have realized that you were going just a little too fast.

I met Payman in 2006 when he bought his Murci from Lamborghini Ohio, Fly yellow was the only color he would take, and they were the only dealer in the country with that car. It still hasnt hit me full force yet... I just talked to Payman a couple short days ago about the run on the 27th - doesnt seem right that a perfectly happy, healthy man is gone in the blink of an eye... I cannot imagine what his wife and two young ones are going through right now.

I was in OC the weekend of Feb 6... since the run was cancelled, Payman called me a couple times asking me to stop out to his place to catch up, I put him off because I didnt want to drive in the rain traffic, and said I would see him on the 27th. Life goes by fast... you never know when your time to spend with someone is up.

Accident happened about 1:30pm on Bouquet Canyon Road in front of the Big Oaks Lodge, unfortunately many people witnessed the horrific accident. Police estimated his speed to be 48-52mph, cause of accident, he was just going a little too fast which put him into spin going through the turn and into a tree. The car impacted direct center on the driver's door.

I dont want to discuss the details of Payman's injuries, but it was as bad as it could have been without killing him on the spot. He died in surgery at Holy Cross hospital at 11:57pm.

We have to be careful out there... this could have happened to any of us.

It still hasnt hit me yet... I just talked to Payman a couple short days ago about the run on the 27th, I cannot imagine what his wife and two young ones are going through right now.

Had to have been an unseeable patch of slippery gravel that caused the spin. There's almost no turn at 50 mph that would normally cause a Murci to spin, especially with an experienced driver on a familiar route. This totally blows that such a small thing caused such a horrible event that took a good man from his family.

My Condolences to the family

RIP

He truly was a nice man. So many local (Santa Clarita Valley) students used to talk about him and how we would always bring them up when they were down.

He was their inspiration.