Old Man Strength

Watwood

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the old men did what that idiot's father failed to do, next time he will keep his mouth shut.

I loved the writing on the back of his shirt :lol2:

At first, I thought he was saying bring the M and M's. I was thinking wtf and finally realize he was saying bring the ambulance.

Classic!

The black man can't fight and he started all of it...very typical. White man even moved up front to walk away from the situation. Black man threw first, white man finished him....how embarrassing for the black man. Call me an ambulance for a bloody nose...lol...p@ssy...

The girl saying they could press charges because "she got it on video," could they, or would that be legitimate self-defense on the part of the old guy?

This is a dangerous thread for discussion so as of now it's on magenta alert. However I'm going to assume the LP group can discuss this rationally and keep the conversation in the 120+ IQ range thereby keeping the thread open for dialogue.

Here's the second part to the video incidentally:

And Charlie to me it's not clear who started the fight. The oldtimer clearly asked the black fellow several times how much he charged for a spit shine. That's pretty inflammatory. And it now seems like the white fellow was originally seated at the front, followed the black fellow back, then returned to his seat.

EDIT: Here's the video with subtitles:

The black man can't fight and he started all of it...very typical.

Can you elaborate?

In second thought, don't!

Like porter said, this thread is bad for LP, I know there are racists on Lambo Power (like anywhere else), I just don't want to know who they are and don't care really...

If you feel the need to express your inner feelings of this video, just go and post on youtube..

As a CCW-holder, I have spent more time than most "normal" people would studying self-defense laws and various situations. I don't think most prosecutors would try to bring charges against the bearded guy. Making inflammatory verbal statements to someone is generally not illegal and he clearly moved away from the situation once it escalated to a heated argument.

He only used any force when the African American gentleman FOLLOWED HIM and struck him at least once. The bearded guy attacked after he had been struck and he did not prolong the encounter unecessarily. Once he had physically handled his assailant, he left the bus. He was understandably riled up and yelling but did not carry on the physical counter-attack. From the video alone, I'd call this a clear-cut self defense.

As a CCW-holder, I have spent more time than most "normal" people would studying self-defense laws and various situations. I don't think most prosecutors would try to bring charges against the bearded guy. Making inflammatory verbal statements to someone is generally not illegal and he clearly moved away from the situation once it escalated to a heated argument.

He only used any force when the African American gentleman FOLLOWED HIM and struck him at least once. The bearded guy attacked after he had been struck and he did not prolong the encounter unecessarily. Once he had physically handled his assailant, he left the bus. He was understandably riled up and yelling but did not carry on the physical counter-attack. From the video alone, I'd call this a clear-cut self defense.

The old guy is a notorious trouble maker who initiated the confrontation and you know what, the Ambulights guy carried himself with relative dignity, don't let the ebonics fool you...

However, the biggest losers of this fight are all the racists who let their true colors show in their comments...

This is a dangerous thread for discussion so as of now it's on magenta alert. However I'm going to assume the LP group can discuss this rationally and keep the conversation in the 120+ IQ range thereby keeping the thread open for dialogue.

Here's the second part to the video incidentally:

And Charlie to me it's not clear who started the fight. The oldtimer clearly asked the black fellow several times how much he charged for a spit shine. That's pretty inflammatory. And it now seems like the white fellow was originally seated at the front, followed the black fellow back, then returned to his seat.

EDIT: Here's the video with subtitles:

The old guy made derogatory comments, they were uncalled for, initially when I watch the vid I couldn't understand what they were saying but the subtitles helped, you shouldn't be rude to anyone, the old man was rude, the younger guy overreacted and slapped him but than he couldn't back himself up and got the shorter end of the stick, the whole thing was pretty disgusting!

We don't know what happened prior to the recording.

We don't but I feel that it doesn't really matter:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/c...?nclick_check=1

The fight took place Tuesday afternoon on the San Francisco-bound NL line in downtown Oakland, near the corner of Harrison and Webster streets. Alameda County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene and took both men to the hospital, said AC Transit spokesman Clarence Johnson. The younger man was treated for cuts and bruises received during the fight, and the older man was under observation for mental instability.