I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

What does everyone use for ear protection?

for normal (aka not super loud) shooting i just use the surefire sonic defenders earplugs, easily the most comfortable earplugs ive used. I actually use them on the headset i use for flying (i think i have like 15 or 16 pairs in all my gun cases and flight cases). When im gonna shoot something really loud or indoors i will double up with the sonic defenders and howard leight earmuffs

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a bad ass set of MSA active noise cancelling ear muffs from my bro-in-law. Plucked from the manufacturing line before they are shipped of to have the microphone installed. They are waterproof to like 5 meters. They are close to these:

http://us.msasafety.com/Hearing-Protection...090007600001028

Howard Leight Super Slim Impacts. Usually put them over the foam disposable earplugs just to be sure. I have a custom made set of plugs, but I dont really like them. They hurt.

So if I get a pistol and go to the range and put it on my shoulder would anyone actually say anything? Or would they and I'd go to jail for 20 years lol what kind of uppers do you normally get hannibal? The ones from palmetto seem pretty reasonable priced.

Shouldering a pistol feels really weird to me. You need dinosaur arms and there's no adjustment. I'd go SBR before I bought a pistol to shoulder.

Do you guys have a favorite brand of cleaning stuff? I tried the hopps and it had this awful chemical smell that stunk the house up lol

Fighting with the E-Form system right now. Who knew it would be so hard to give the government my money!

:s-minigun:

Do you guys have a favorite brand of cleaning stuff? I tried the hopps and it had this awful chemical smell that stunk the house up lol

I have some Hopps #9, Rem Oil, Rem Bore Cleaner X and some sort of Brake Dust Cleaner. To be honest other then making sure the guys are lubed for purposes of rust prevention I don't clean that much. My guns are work horses and not show pieces!

Froglube. Expensive, and you have to know how to use it, but it smells yummy... (supposedly you can drink it, but dont).

Got a bunch of magpul goodies in today. They included a few of these posters in the box. One has your name all over it if you want it for the barn RD.

post-24965-1432268544_thumb.jpg

What's that lol

Think Jewelry cleaner. You put a solution in the tub, throw in our bolt carrier, suppressor or whatever else you want to clean and walk away. It uses ultrasonic waves to clean the carbon build up off.

Thinking about buying one of these in the near future.

I have a Sparrow - they're very nice. I also happen to agree with:

Once you shoot suppressed you'll never go back.

It's the sophisticated mans way to shoot. If guns weren't so taboo, they'd probably profile a new suppressor in each issue of GQ. :icon_mrgreen:

I shoot sporting clays in a league right now. Thinking about getting an over and under shot gun. Anyone here have one they would recommend? I would like to stay under $1,000.

My newest projects...

16" mid length with a Osprey Gas piston system...

RD, how has that Osprey kit worked out for you thus far? I've also been eyeing the Syrac and Adams Arms kit to build the mega billet matched upper/low I have laying around.

I have a Sparrow - they're very nice. I also happen to agree with:

It's the sophisticated mans way to shoot. If guns weren't so taboo, they'd probably profile a new suppressor in each issue of GQ. :icon_mrgreen:

Amen!

I shoot sporting clays in a league right now. Thinking about getting an over and under shot gun. Anyone here have one they would recommend? I would like to stay under $1,000.

Truth be told no but I always see deals on CDNN for Lanbars and they look worth picking up. 32in OU with single trigger, ribbed vent with fiber optic sight and screw in chokes are my requirements and I usually see something like that for under $800.

I love sporting clays and need to get something better than my Mossberg 500!

Painting party. Painted the buffer tubes for the next 2 AR-15s...one is ODG and the other is FDE. I was pretty happy with how the ODG turned out but not sold on the FDE one. I have gone ahead and painted the upper ODG and if that goes well the hand guard and barrel are next.

Trip to wally world is in order for a better FDE colored rattle can.

RD, how has that Osprey kit worked out for you thus far? I've also been eyeing the Syrac and Adams Arms kit to build the mega billet matched upper/low I have laying around.

Its my goto AR for fun... Easy cleanup.

Check this out. Not sure how good of a price it is but I've bought stuff before from this company and I've been happy with their service. CZ is a pretty decent firearms manufacturer as well.

http://www.webyshops.com/Promo-Center/Shot...ca872-147234725