I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New NFA rules quickly approaching (June 16th?). Who buying/building what to get in before all the confusion starts?

I have 2 no frills AR-15 Lowers waiting on their tax stamps. 1 each for my boys. They already have AAC 556-SD cans sitting at my dealer with the stamps back. I just picked up a Spike's Tactical Billet Lower. I will be SBRing that today and doing an 8in 300BLK build for it. I have an AAC 762-SD on order for that but I don't think it will arrive in time to stamp it before the deadline.

I also have had an AAC Cyclone for my Remmy sitting at the dealer for almost a year that I haven't stamped yet....Being overseas has made me lazy. I might try and sneak 1 more .22 can in and then call it a day for awhile.

I just picked up a Spike's Tactical Billet Lower. I will be SBRing that today and doing an 8in 300BLK build for it.

Sounds cool!

I just read about the new rules going into effect. Shouldn't cause TOO many additional hassles for us NFA Trust people.

Sounds cool!

I just read about the new rules going into effect. Shouldn't cause TOO many additional hassles for us NFA Trust people.

Missing the point! There shouldn't be any more hassles...there should be LESS hassles. Yes you no longer need the CLEO sign off but you need a 10 card for you and everyone on the trust. I don't want to deal with a 10 card.

As for the Warthog lower...it is BA!

Missing the point! There shouldn't be any more hassles...there should be LESS hassles.

Well sure, but back here in reality we should be happy this was done now, and not up for debate during Hillary's Reign. ;)

I have 2 no frills AR-15 Lowers waiting on their tax stamps. 1 each for my boys. They already have AAC 556-SD cans sitting at my dealer with the stamps back. I just picked up a Spike's Tactical Billet Lower. I will be SBRing that today and doing an 8in 300BLK build for it. I have an AAC 762-SD on order for that but I don't think it will arrive in time to stamp it before the deadline.

I also have had an AAC Cyclone for my Remmy sitting at the dealer for almost a year that I haven't stamped yet....Being overseas has made me lazy. I might try and sneak 1 more .22 can in and then call it a day for awhile.

So the stamps came back on the boys SBRs and they actually were my shortest wait for a tax stamp yet at 104 days from submittal to approval. I also picked up another .22 can. This was a bit of a splurge but I wanted to support some home town guys and my dealer so I grabbed an in stock Freedom Armory Minuteman II in Titanium.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys have any thoughts on the Larue PredatAR 16" 5.56 barrel? It has the M4 feed ramps to match my Mega MML upper. A friend has a new one he isn't going to use and offered it to me for $100.

Only thing I didn't really care for was the .625 gas block dia.

I looked around on the net and they seem well liked, but there the company is super tight lipped about any technical details.

LaRue makes great quality stuff. My "no name" MAS Defense barrels are about $120 a pop so it seems like a decent price. Has the M4 feed ramps so that is solid any word on the twist or the barrel lining? The twist is more important as that will play a huge roll in ammo selection.

Aesthetically is it M4 profile, government profile, bull barrel...etc?

LaRue makes great quality stuff. My "no name" MAS Defense barrels are about $120 a pop so it seems like a decent price. Has the M4 feed ramps so that is solid any word on the twist or the barrel lining? The twist is more important as that will play a huge roll in ammo selection.

Aesthetically is it M4 profile, government profile, bull barrel...etc?

It's a 16" 1:8 twist. They don't tell you anything about the lining, but I think it's melonite coated.

http://www.larue.com/556-predatar-barrel

Not bad at all. Find a gas block and then pull the trigger!

Cool. I'm gonna do a piston kit on it. Superlative I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Doing some testing out at Prado...

at that distance you can pistol whip the targets

and gunpocalypse is happening in CA. I am going for a tavor before the law is enforced

Doing some testing out at Prado...

Awesome! There is a great BLM open range shooting spot not terribly far from there.

Nice denim, how is that progressing?

at that distance you can pistol whip the targets

and gunpocalypse is happening in CA. I am going for a tavor before the law is enforced

From what I hear some bad things were signed by Governor Brown today.

Roman, can you provide somerfeedback on what it means? Do we need to talk about gun trusts?

Awesome! There is a great BLM open range shooting spot not terribly far from there.

Nice denim, how is that progressing?

Denim has progressed well and we'll start offering to the public soon.

From what I hear some bad things were signed by Governor Brown today.

Roman, can you provide somerfeedback on what it means? Do we need to talk about gun trusts?

it is a fuckall situation.

Bullet button guns now need to be fixed mag and require 'disassembly' to reload. anything center-fire that can't, and must be registered with the DOJ as an 'assault weapon'. so there goes my tavor and m1 :/ no bullet button weapons for sale after jan 1. you cannot transfer them to your kids.

any mags over 10 rds must be surrendered or sold out of state.

AMMO BUYER DATABASE. Background checks and purchase limits on all ammo purchases. Felony for buying over state lines and bringing it back saving a few rare situations like for vintage guns or sanctioned shooting competitions

False report of a stolen fire arm aka "lost it boating" is a 10 year ban on firearms

We cross our fingers on these political motives and hope the SCOTUS saves us, but who knows. At least my lever action is safe, but my M1, Tavor, etc, are probably

Denim has progressed well and we'll start offering to the public soon.

Definitely keep us updated. Checked out your Instagram and you have some great looking jeans.

Back on topic, bummer for you guys in CA, the proposed changes Testshoot outlined sound utterly asinine and will most likely only affect the law abiding citizens.

Clarification:

The Governor signed the following bills today:

AB 1135 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally-protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.

AB 1511 (Santiago): Criminalizes loaning of firearms between personally known, law-abiding adults, including family members, sportspersons, and competitors.

AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes a non-violent misdemeanor a prohibiting offense.

SB 880 (Hall): Bans common and constitutionally-protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.

SB 1235 (de Leon): New restrictions on ammunition purchases; creates a DOJ database of ammunition owners.

SB 1446 (Hancock): Statewide confiscatory ban on all lawfully-possessed standard-capacity ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 round; exemption for retired police

The Governor vetoed the following bills today:

AB 1673 (Gipson): Would have redefined “firearms” to include objects that are not firearms

AB 1674 (Santiago): Would have banned buying more than one firearm of any type within a 30-day period

AB 2607 (Ting): Would have dramatically expanded the reach of secret “Gun Violence Restraining Orders”

SB 894 (Jackson): Would have re-victimized victims of theft by criminalizing the failure to report lost and stolen firearms

AB 857 (Cooper), which would require that serial numbers be placed on un-serialized firearms manufactured going back 50 years and on all new home-built firearms, is still pending.

All new semiautomatic long guns that take detachable box magazines have been outlawed now in California. Owners of current ones must register them with the state. I would not look to SCOTUS on this. They don't want to touch these kinds of cases at the moment, and even if they did, they'll likely uphold them I think, and especially if/when the next justice is put in who tilts the Court to the left (which I think will happen as I doubt Trump has any chance of winning).

I will be interested to see how the ammunition background check system works out for them, as they passed law requiring the creation of one here in NY and still haven't been able to create it yet (too costly and complex).

Clarification:

The Governor signed the following bills today:

Holy Moly. If there was any doubt that they're just trying to "get rid of guns" in KA, then it should now be removed!

Will be funny to see the frankenguns that manufacturers design to skirt the new laws.

Hypothetical: I get rattlesnakes in my yard from time to time. To go buy shot shells so I don't die picking oranges in my own yard, I need to wait 10 days for the ammo purchase to be approved.

thoughts

Dom, the unintended consequences are going to be hilarious. Consider the AW ban is going to result in hundreds of thousands of currently bullet-buttoned AR-15s either being registered or converted to featureless rifles to avoid registration. Either option means no more bullet buttons, as they can be legally removed by registering (there are no "levels" to the AW definition, it either is or it isn't under this bill) or must be removed if going featureless since the mag locking device is now considered a feature.

There is also a new bullet button that meets the requirements of the new law, so it will not prevent anyone in California from getting as many AR-15s as they want in the future.

High cap mags will now be a $100 infraction instead of a felony on a previously bullet-buttoned AR-15. I will be able to use my 150 round drums on my registered AR-15 pistols and instead of 10 years in jail I will get the equivalent of a parking ticket if cited.

I'm going to buy threaded barrels for every pistol I own and register them all - all my Glocks, HKs and Sig handguns are going full-on "Assault Weapon" mode and they are all going to be 100% legal under this latest round of BS bills.

Ammo sales? I am still reeling he signed that one. Seems obvious it violates the commerce clause, but doubt the Feds will care. It doesn't regulate reloads unless a person is prohibited (which is already the case) - probably going to be a lot more interest in home reloading starting in 2018.

It was a definitely a **** sandwich today, but I am going to use every inch of these new laws when the AW reg opens back up. Also, there are provisions to "deconstruct" a registered AW, so it will be possible to leave them (in some fashion) to your children or sell them at a later date.

EVERY Californian should buy a bullet-buttoned AR-15 before the end of this year and convert it to a legal non-bullet-buttoned AR "Assault Weapon" beginning January of 2017 when the reg opens. Let's give the PRK the unintended consequences it so richly deserves!