I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Looking good Roman!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy shooting this on occasion and made a short video of it a while back.

Its a Ruger Alaskan that shoots 454 Casull and 45 long colt.

If you are not into big boomer handguns, I would not try one.

I recommend playing the vid in 1080 / full screen for best effect. :hunter:

Good Stuff Roman!! And thats a long time to wait for a can..Glad you finally got it..I know we are warming up in my neck of the woods, which probably the same temps as Charlie is getting. Loving the weather.

We used the Wave Relay 5 today. Pretty impressive! Here are some pics. Also a pic of my 10" Scar since we used them today...rare we break them out. Some groups are still running them (USASOC and some CAG).

Hey Brother, I have never used the Relay 5, how do you like it. Pro's you see with it in field use and did you discover any negatives on it? Ive heard really good things on it from a select few that have used it.

Hope your doing good! Did you come to SHOT show?

-Willis

Looking good! Only thing I'd change is I'd replace that linksys with a Nighthawk for better coverage through the walls. (http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00F0DD0I6) ;)

Ordered the one below that one. Its supposed to be here tomorrow(yes Sunday), we will see. I've needed one for awhile.

Hey Brother, I have never used the Relay 5, how do you like it. Pro's you see with it in field use and did you discover any negatives on it? Ive heard really good things on it from a select few that have used it.

Hope your doing good! Did you come to SHOT show?

-Willis

What is up Willis! Yes, the 5 is pretty impressive. Yes, was at SHOT! I gotta tell you it get's better each year! We have such an amazing time when there! We had about 20+ of us that are really tight so you can only imagine our nights out. Meetings during the day went as expected and every night had a great event to attend. Pic of Mama Lee (Marc Lee's Mom) and I...

post-10287-1455474691_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the purchase! Solid 45...here is mine...

Thanks, I remember you posting a pic with your FNX, custom G35, and a few other guns. That's what sparked my interest in the FNX. Ultimately I want to set mine up similar to yours.

Just ordered an AAC 762-SD. Price was killer and I have a disease. I don't even own a gun I can put it on. Guess it's time to build a 300 Blackout...

Just ordered an AAC 762-SD. Price was killer and I have a disease. I don't even own a gun I can put it on. Guess it's time to build a 300 Blackout...

You can use that on a 5.56 Brother...

You can use that on a 5.56 Brother...

Sssshhhhhhhhh. My wife might hear you. ;)

Plus all the 5.56s have their own dedicated cans already. Told you I have a disease.

My wife has been bugging me that she wants to have her Glock cerakoted Tiffany blue, so I finally found a guy locally that's certified by Cerakote to do it, came out pretty damn great. Have him stipling my Glock 26 as we speak.

DSC_6069.jpg

My wife has been bugging me that she wants to have her Glock cerakoted Tiffany blue, so I finally found a guy locally that's certified by Cerakote to do it, came out pretty damn great. Have him stipling my Glock 26 as we speak.

DSC_6069.jpg

i was gonna do the same to my girls glock but with a stainless slide too, still might actually.

Who did you use?

i was gonna do the same to my girls glock but with a stainless slide too, still might actually.

Who did you use?

Dynamic Combat Solutions, he's local to me but I wouldn't use anybody else after my experience with him. He's updating his website as we speak because I told him it looks like a five year old did it, but his Instagram shows a bunch of his work.

DSC_6069.jpg

That looks awesome!

Trying to sell my LC9 and buy its replacement the LC9S. Or maybe a Kimber conceal carry type gun. What is everyones thoughts here?

Trying to sell my LC9 and buy its replacement the LC9S. Or maybe a Kimber conceal carry type gun. What is everyones thoughts here?

I don't have any experience with the LC9s but I don't like my LC9 enough to be interested in checking out the S.

That said, I just saw a great deal on CDNN Sports. They have a deal on the LC9S ending in 14 hours, $340.

What is up Willis! Yes, the 5 is pretty impressive. Yes, was at SHOT! I gotta tell you it get's better each year! We have such an amazing time when there! We had about 20+ of us that are really tight so you can only imagine our nights out. Meetings during the day went as expected and every night had a great event to attend. Pic of Mama Lee (Marc Lee's Mom) and I...

Thats a really cool picture right there!!! Put that up in the office with out a doubt...

I missed SHOT, I heard it was really good this year. I was trying to be home for SHOT but work comes first I guess. hahaha. Next year Im going to make it a point to be home for SHOT. And I bet your guys nights were a good time. Nothing better then getting together with some tight brothers!!

Off the wall Q, you smoke cigars?

-Willis

I don't have any experience with the LC9s but I don't like my LC9 enough to be interested in checking out the S.

That said, I just saw a great deal on CDNN Sports. They have a deal on the LC9S ending in 14 hours, $340.

LC9S probably solves everything you dislike about your LC9. I am in the same boat. Probably why I never shot the gun. LC9S got rid of the hammer fire.

Thats a really cool picture right there!!! Put that up in the office with out a doubt...

I missed SHOT, I heard it was really good this year. I was trying to be home for SHOT but work comes first I guess. hahaha. Next year Im going to make it a point to be home for SHOT. And I bet your guys nights were a good time. Nothing better then getting together with some tight brothers!!

Off the wall Q, you smoke cigars?

-Willis

Yes, you gotta make it a point to be in town for 2017 SHOT! Yes, I do like cigars!

Hanniball,

I just got my CPL and my gun addiction is getting worse!

i picked up a remington 870 for home defense as well as the Xd mod 2 .45 for carry

shopping for my 2nd carry gun and I like the sig P 320. would you go for 9mm or sig 357 on this gun?

Well in less than a week I sold the LC9 and today I bought a LC9S. Here it is.

post-7086-1456518636_thumb.jpg

ITT: Europeans who will never know the joy of shooting a TV in the desert.

As a European who will never know this joy, can I ask what Americans' obsession with guns is all about?

For me, it seems to be one of:

Exercising your rights

Protection

Sport

Anything I'm missing? The American gun phenomenon blows my mind (excuse the horrible pun). What really struck me was the wording of the OP, stating that he "needs" a new gun. My immediate repsonse was to question who ever "needs" a new gun, and why. Hope this doesn't sound provocative, I'm genuinely interested.