2009 Dodge Challenger

AJGlobal

Just picked this up. Came off the transport today. Steve saleen SMS Supercharger will be here this week with the 6 PSI pully that will add 190 RWHP to the car. Not sure about changing out the wheels yet but they will most likely not be left stock. Car will get a stereo with nav unit and proper exhaust.

Just a little project I'm taking on at our shop here. Car is an '09 6-speed with only 500 miles. The supercharger does NOT void the factory warranty as saleen has a deal with Chrysler that keeps the factory warranty intact. Taking the car over to Dyno comp in scottsdale in the morning to get the stock dyno run.

Challenger.jpg

Love these cars. Nice hp gain on the charger. Are you going for retro look rims or modern style? What size?

Wonder if Dodge will green light the V10 version they showed last year.

Stock run at dyno comp this morning. Thanks to Richard for letting us use his dyno. His RWHP to Flywheel HP ratio is about 25% from what he told me. Thats puts this car at 440HP at the flywheel which is 15HP more than rated. Supercharger is rated to add 190 RWHP at 6 PSI. It will be here Thursday. Install will be Friday.

Got the windows tinted today as well.

Challenger_Stock_Dyno.jpg

Dyno_run_sheet.jpg

Window_Tint_added.jpg

of all the pony cars out at the moment (camaro, mustang, challenger) i like the challenger best. Its not the fastest or most performance orientated...but its the one that to me looks the most like a muscle car and there the best looking of the bunch in my opinion...probably the lowest production of the three too (not sure).

With wheels and a drop that thing can look pretty bad ass...i vote murder it out.

Isnt 25% a huge amount of loss for a RWD car? Ist that more in the AWD territory? Forgive me as im not the most well informed when it comes to Dynos.

Isnt 25% a huge amount of loss for a RWD car? Ist that more in the AWD territory? Forgive me as im not the most well informed when it comes to Dynos.

It's a Chrysler ;)

Every dyno is different. I'm not by any means knowledgeable on how each dyno reads differently. I'm just relaying what I was told. Rich knows his shit so I'm not doubting his numbers. Basically took 352 X 1.25 = 440.

iamwithstupid.gif 7" inch lip tucked in would look sick

I'm working on that right now........ :icon_mrgreen:

of all the pony cars out at the moment (camaro, mustang, challenger) i like the challenger best. Its not the fastest or most performance orientated...but its the one that to me looks the most like a muscle car and there the best looking of the bunch in my opinion...probably the lowest production of the three too (not sure).

With wheels and a drop that thing can look pretty bad ass...i vote murder it out.

very few 6-speeds out there, most were automatics and the srt 8 was the least produced out of all the model lines. Not as hard as finding a 6-speed gallardo spyder in pearl white ( :eusa_dance: ) but it took a little searching to find. No on the murder out. I plan on using this car as a demo for a little bit and then selling it and possibly doing another if all goes well so I need to keep it somewhat on the conservative side.

Very nice AJ, congrats!

How do you feel about the stock handling? Are you considering any suspension upgrades?

I was pretty impressed with the handling so far. This is suppose to be a muscle car. They were never built to "handle". At least not the original versions back in the late 60's early 70's. They were meant to go down the 1/4 mile. The stock brembo brakes are pretty good too. No suspension upgrades planned on this one.

I had some issues finding a nice wheel that would fit around the calipers in the price range I'm trying to stay in. After working with my wheel distributor and doing a little homework I found a nice 1 piece 22" wheel with a lip right around 4 to 5 inches (sorry lambo-in-it, I tried for 7, lol). They will be here next week. 22X10 in the rear, 22X9 in the front. 295/30's in the back and 265/30's in the front.

I was pretty impressed with the handling so far. This is suppose to be a muscle car. They were never built to "handle". At least not the original versions back in the late 60's early 70's. They were meant to go down the 1/4 mile. The stock brembo brakes are pretty good too. No suspension upgrades planned on this one.

I had some issues finding a nice wheel that would fit around the calipers in the price range I'm trying to stay in. After working with my wheel distributor and doing a little homework I found a nice 1 piece 22" wheel with a lip right around 4 to 5 inches (sorry lambo-in-it, I tried for 7, lol). They will be here next week. 22X10 in the rear, 22X9 in the front. 295/30's in the back and 265/30's in the front.

I would spend more on wheels and lower it instead of supercharging it if you are keeping within a budget. Power is fun, but that car looks sooo much better with wheels and suspension mods over the stock setup. but different strokes for different folks. :icon_thumleft:

good luck with it Tony!

Wow. Only 10" wide rears? That's why you won't get past 5" lip. This is a huge car and 10" will not look wide enough IMHO of course. I have 10" on my 350z with a 4.5 inch lip and barely satisfies my wide look taste. This muscle car certainly deserves at least 12" wide rims with some 335 or bigger tires out back lol.

When you go big diameter on rims even a 10-12" can look like a bycycle wheel from the back view. I've seen guys with your set up on the 300 srt8 and bicycle wheel is what it looked like from behind. Side view of course will look great. Especially on a similarly large car like the Challenger.

Anyway whatever you have chosen will be a huge improvement over stock. Hope u don't take my post the wrong way AJ. :)

Wow. Only 10" wide rears? That's why you won't get past 5" lip. This is a huge car and 10" will not look wide enough IMHO of course. I have 10" on my 350z with a 4.5 inch lip and barely satisfies my wide look taste. This muscle car certainly deserves at least 12" wide rims with some 335 or bigger tires out back lol.

When you go big diameter on rims even a 10-12" can look like a bycycle wheel from the back view. I've seen guys with your set up on the 300 srt8 and bicycle wheel is what it looked like from behind. Side view of course will look great. Especially on a similarly large car like the Challenger.

Anyway whatever you have chosen will be a huge improvement over stock. Hope u don't take my post the wrong way AJ. :)

No offense taken but when you have a $40 or $50k car and you put on wheels that retail for $6k + with tires it starts to make it hard to justify the end result. I would have liked to do a wider rear but this is what we came up with that works. If this was a customers car and they gave me a green light to go balls to the wall then yes, I would have definitely gone that route.

On a side note the S/C was suppose to be here yesterday and when I called SMS today she told me that they were just shipping it out today. A little pissed as I had people lined up to do the install today and its a holiday weekend. It will have to wait til next week.

I would spend more on wheels and lower it instead of supercharging it if you are keeping within a budget. Power is fun, but that car looks sooo much better with wheels and suspension mods over the stock setup. but different strokes for different folks. :icon_thumleft:

good luck with it Tony!

I hear you but I'm trying to do a little bit of everything. My main goal with this car was to create something that had some serious HP over its competitors in its class and within the car itself and still keep a factory warranty. Next was to create the look.........wheels+tires, , stereo, etc etc. We are talking over $10k+ in HP upgrades including a new exhaust system. We aren't talking about a lambo here where $50k in upgrades can be justified between HP and looks.

I hear you but I'm trying to do a little bit of everything. My main goal with this car was to create something that had some serious HP over its competitors in its class and within the car itself and still keep a factory warranty. Next was to create the look.........wheels+tires, , stereo, etc etc. We are talking over $10k+ in HP upgrades including a new exhaust system. We aren't talking about a lambo here where $50k in upgrades can be justified between HP and looks.

Agreed. Again, it isn't my car, and you will do with your car what you would like. I just think with the Challenger, 300C, Charger, etc, the rims and stance make the car 100% better or 100% worse than stock. The black Vortech car pictured is nice.

There is a Black, lowered, SC Challenger with rims not too far from me that looks nice. I was playing golf with a client the other day, and saw it spin through 2 1/2 gears next to the hole I was playing on. Looked cool.

post-679-1275078558_thumb.jpg

post-679-1275078568.jpg

post-679-1275078575.jpg

post-679-1275078586_thumb.jpg

The bottom one is what happends when you put big rims on it without lowering it.

No offense taken but when you have a $40 or $50k car and you put on wheels that retail for $6k + with tires it starts to make it hard to justify the end result. I would have liked to do a wider rear but this is what we came up with that works. If this was a customers car and they gave me a green light to go balls to the wall then yes, I would have definitely gone that route.

On a side note the S/C was suppose to be here yesterday and when I called SMS today she told me that they were just shipping it out today. A little pissed as I had people lined up to do the install today and its a holiday weekend. It will have to wait til next week.

Got ya....Sucks on the S/C delay...Supposed to be a great Sunday and Monday...

Ive loved this Challenger since I first saw it:

post-679-1275078558_thumb.jpg

The bottom one is what happends when you put big rims on it without lowering it.

lol.....I saw a silver SRT 8 last weekend out at a club and the guy had 24's on it and it wasn't lowered. Looked horrible. You can get away with 22's without needing to lower it as I've seen enough of them but not the 24's. Not to mention with 24's and all that HP your riding on a rubber band. Not good.