Friend's wife left him...

3rdandlong

My buddy dropped the bomb a few days ago....pretty crazy news to hear, especially when the phone call starts "____ left me."

"What, you mean you're free this weekend?!".....OH. SHIT.

Even crazier that they are newlyweds more or less....a few months they've been together.

He sounded down like I've never heard him down before...he seems really sorry about it and acknowledges his mistake. He truly loves her and wants to be with her, and admits to being an idiot....he wants nothing more than to get her back.

While he did have sex with this other woman, he did not admit to this and neither did the other woman (who happened to receive a phone call from the wife and insisted on detailing their time and "relationship" together....WTF??). So I think it's just an admission to kissing, whatever that's worth in the plea bargain world of adultery.

Anyways, I wonder if it's realistic for him to get her back? Unfortunately he does have a blemish on his resume....another affair from several years back. :(

I'm there for him 100%, right or wrong...and will do whatever it takes to help him. I'm keeping it all positive, trying to keep it in his mind that he has a shot regardless of whether he does or not. He's one of the few good friends out there.

BTW, not that it makes it excusable or anything but the other woman was a sexy stripper we met at his bachelor party. The lure of p**** is mighty strong, and I sure as f*** nobody here or myself gets caught up in these situations.....very scary stuff.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His first mistake was getting married, his second mistake was cheating. They are probably better off not together. If she takes him back he will probably cheat again.

Divorce after a few months of marriage can be disheartening, sad. It can make you question what you did wrong, if you are on the right path....will you ever find love again? Was this the one and now you will lost in eternity for a life of loneliness.....

Divorce after 10+ years is fcuking awesome. Pure brilliance.

Please let your friend know I wish to congratulate him on his early parole.

Divorce after a few months of marriage can be disheartening, sad. It can make you question what you did wrong, if you are on the right path....will you ever find love again? Was this the one and now you will lost in eternity for a life of loneliness.....

for a minute there I thought Dr. Phil was talking to us

for a minute there I thought Dr. Phil was talking to us

I like to help people.

I don't know, I am just nice like that.

:icon_mrgreen:

If you can't handle the temptation; don't get married.

It's like drinking and driving. You don't HAVE to do it.

I've had a Lambo on a college campus for 5 years; can you even fathom to clunge thrown my way? If I had ANY interest in ANY of it, I wouldn't have gotten married. End of story.

I've had a Lambo on a college campus for 5 years; can you even fathom to clunge thrown my way? If I had ANY interest in ANY of it, I wouldn't have gotten married. End of story.

I figured you would need your Lambo to pull some "clunge" :icon_mrgreen:

what is "clunge" anyway?

never mind I checked the Urban Dictionary.

I figured you would need your Lambo to pull some "clunge" :icon_mrgreen:

what is "clunge" anyway?

A cool euphamism I pulled from The Inbetweeners. :lol2:

We can't all be like you. We don't all have deserts to go chasing Aberigenies (sp?) around for fun to stay in shape and then eat shrimp from our Bahbie! :lol2:

Divorce after 10+ years is fcuking awesome. Pure brilliance.

Please let your friend know I wish to congratulate him on his early parole.

that was brilliant and SO TRUE, lol

my young wife cheated on me after only 3 yrs of marriage and I caught her slimy ass, well it hurt, BUT she then connected and married rather quickly (a different dude, lol...but one who assisted in raising my son and was pretty damn cool all along), meanwhile, I got over my hurt and have been shagging like Wilt Chamberlain ever since :monkeyleft: that was 15 years ago already, I LOVE my freedom!

early parole ROCKS :lol2:

A cool euphamism I pulled from The Inbetweeners. :lol2:

We can't all be like you. We don't all have deserts to go chasing Aberigenies (sp?) around for fun to stay in shape and then eat shrimp from our Bahbie! :lol2:

I am way too lazy to chase anything around, last week Wednesday I've made the horrible mistake of engaging a personal trainer and go to the gym.

I was paralysed for the rest of the week, I was so sore I couldn't sleep two nights in a row , yesterday I told him that it was his last chance to impress me otherwise I would have to let him go, he cut my exercise routine in half :lol2:

I am way too lazy to chase anything around, last week Wednesday I've made the horrible mistake of engaging a personal trainer and go to the gym.

I was paralysed for the rest of the week, I was so sore I couldn't sleep two nights in a row , yesterday I told him that it was his last chance to impress me otherwise I would have to let him go, he cut my exercise routine in half :lol2:

:lol2:!!

I can't fathom the awesomeness that is OSU coed's. Please do post, if the images do not exceed the bandwidth limit. :icon_mrgreen:

I can't fathom the awesomeness that is OSU coed's. Please do post, if the images do not exceed the bandwidth limit. :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2:

I don't think he should have cheated; on a side note, interesting responses, seem to be critical of the guy for cheating while married, I remember when I said something similar in the Tiger Woods thread awhile back, hell rained down on me and I was essentially told I had no clue what I was talking about.

His first mistake was getting married, his second mistake was cheating. They are probably better off not together. If she takes him back he will probably cheat again.

:iamwithstupid: