Where were you nine years ago today?

Destructo

The ONLY thing that has really changed since 911 is the attitude of passengers. And even that has begun to wane.

Pre 911 the crew and passengers would just "cooperate" with a hijacker. They knew it was ther best chance for survival.

That obviously changed somewhere around 10 am on Tuesday september 11. Then it became obvious the new rule was fight or die anyways while killing thousands of others. .

In the years right after 911 if a guy jumped up mid flight and acted the least bit suspicious, every man around him would jump his sorry ass and put a fcuking hurt on him. Which makes hijacking a plane pretty hard.

I'm not sure that's still the rule. Political correctness is slowly creeping back into our mindset.

Perfectly stated.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ONLY thing that has really changed since 911 is the attitude of passengers. And even that has begun to wane.

Pre 911 the crew and passengers would just "cooperate" with a hijacker. They knew it was ther best chance for survival.

That obviously changed somewhere around 10 am on Tuesday september 11. Then it became obvious the new rule was fight, or die anyways while killing thousands of others. .

In the years right after 911 if a guy jumped up mid flight and acted the least bit suspicious, every man around him would jump his sorry ass and put a fcuking hurt on him. Which makes hijacking a plane pretty hard.

I'm not sure that's still the rule. Political correctness is slowly creeping back into our mindset.

Agreed, I would at least cut the hijackers Hands Off first.

So, Do people act bit odd when they see some Middle Easterns on the Plane?

Agreed, I would at least cut the hijackers Hands Off first.

So, Do people act bit odd when they see some Middle Easterns on the Plane?

As a middle easterner....

Yes. Yes they do.

I can't count the amount of times I've sat next to the person who I was sharing a flight with and chatted for 15-20 min until we get to the subject of where I'm traveling to/from (Iran). Afterward they basically keep quiet for the rest of the trip.

Haha...I believe you. It's not the most ideal BASE jump but quite doable. :)

Well, do you think it will be feasible for terrorists to crash jets into skyscrapers ever again in the US? I can't imagine in a post 9/11 world a terrorist organization would be able to pull it off again, especially in New York. Assuming no conspiracy theories are in play of course, we're tighter on all fronts.

Never say never of course, but at the same time nobody ever stayed inside their homes because they were afraid of being struck by lightning or hit by a car, or die in a non terrorist related plane crash...

Uh....... they bombed the WTC TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!

As a middle easterner....

Yes. Yes they do.

I can't count the amount of times I've sat next to the person who I was sharing a flight with and chatted for 15-20 min until we get to the subject of where I'm traveling to/from (Iran). Afterward they basically keep quiet for the rest of the trip.

two things....

1. You may be reading more into it than there is.... I HATE talking to strangers on planes.... Hate with a HOT HOT Heat.... And I know Im not alone in that... I will usually make the niceties that you describe (which usually occur prior to take off) and then basically want to be left the fcuk alone for the remainder of the trip.... And now with the advent of MP3 players and cell phones with all sorts of entertainment options, I can put on those headphones and it usually happens... I dont need to rely on you for any entertainment on a long flight.

2. Assuming you are correct, as a middle easterner, how does the perceived backlash make you feel? I personally beleive the west CANNOT win this war. The only people who CAN win this are the 80-90% of NORMAL Muslims who dont : a) want to be the next 911 hijackers or B) Cheer them on/ support them; by FORCING the 10-20% who are on the radicalized side to knock the shit off. Is there any growing resentment of the terrorists and their supporters?

I am the oppposite...i always look forward to sitting next to a person who actually talks to me or something..that's probably because i don't like to sleep while the plane is flying..but everytime the person next to me ends up sleeping..i hate boring long quiet flights..reason why i don't sleep is because i am usually too worried to sleep when i am so high up in the sky.

I am the oppposite...i always look forward to sitting next to a person who actually talks to me or something..

Remind me to never sit next to your chatty ass on a plane.... ;)

• 7 months later...
two things....

1. You may be reading more into it than there is.... I HATE talking to strangers on planes.... Hate with a HOT HOT Heat.... And I know Im not alone in that...

You can do as you wish of course, but I'd put my money on "it is a great idea to talk to someone next to you if you are in business or first class"

Even if you are in coach you never know who you will meet. But there are times that you just want to be left alone and go to sleep - like coming back from Vegas at 10am after partying all night...and the whole row starting from the mom sitting next to you is about to have a family picnic

I was in my grade 6 history class. Our teacher went outside during a test to get something from his office, and returned with a tv and said "STOP WRITING - A PLANE JUST HIT THE TOWERS"

We tuned in, and actually witnessed the 2nd plane hit live on cnn.....at which point my parents showed up at my school and took me and my sisters home - they felt like everything was gonna go to shit that day, and they wanted us to be safe at home.

Bump for payback is a bitch.

:iamwithstupid:

Not to sound macho or anything, but I rarely cry about anything.

I watched this five minutes ago, and it brought back all of the emotion after 9/11, and I started balling uncontrollably.

May the families Rest In peace, and may Bin Laden Rot in Hell for eternity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

i was a senor in highschool, and saw the 2nd tower fall down in person from my highschool window.

as far as "payback is a bitch". yea... i dont think so.. we lost 3000 new yorkers. they lost osama bin laden.

i was a senor in highschool, and saw the 2nd tower fall down in person from my highschool window.

Which high school?

h.s.t.a.t. (highschool of telecommunications arts and technology)

brooklyn

That's in Bay Ridge I think....a nice distance away.

While in Houston, I got a call at work, that a small airplane hit one of the towers. I did not think much about it. At the time, we had a computer IT guy from New Jersey, that was training our company, on the new software, we just obtained. It was not long, until I got a second call, that another airplane hit the second tower. I realized immediately, this had to be an attack.

The IT guy, had to rent a car, and drive all the way back to New Jersey. No flights were available. The phone lines suddenly became quiet. The internet was over-loaded and slow. I do not believe to many people worked on 9/11. It was very quite. My mother in law, was inbound to Houston, after having just landed at Newark. She was in the air on 9/11, and was diverted to Atlanta. She does not speak a word of English.

While flying from Israel to Newark, she sat next to a young passenger, that was connecting from Newark, to LAX. It is quite possible, the other passenger she sat next to, was on the wrong flight at the wrong time, after she departed Newark for LAX, on the morning of 9/11.