Where were you nine years ago today?

Destructo

I was in an engineering design class at UVA and my professor walked in and told us. I immediately left to get back to my apartment because my parents were supposed to fly out of DC that morning to Europe and I didn't have a cell phone to get in touch with them

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at still in high school, my views on things seemed so different back then. I feel so much sympathy and pain for those who were involved in this attack, the feeling of either burning alive or jumping to your death is just something beyond my imagination. A recent work colleague of mine showed me her 'lucky' penny that was made on one of towers, it dated 1 months prior to this 9/11 attack, she sure is a lucky one..

I was just getting to school. Senior year, somebody asked if I had heard about the plane that crashed into the WTC "accidentally" I walked into the school library moments after the second plane hit. Our school had class as usual that day, but it was difficult to concentrate on anything. I remember walking outside and seeing several jet trails leaving giant loops in the sky as they turned around to head back to the airport after the FAA grounded all flights.

RIP Never Forget 9/11

I was in bed.... just starting to wake up (it was 6 in the morning here)... My mom called and the answering machine got it... The call kinda woke us up and we were pissed she would call that early but then I thought.... Hmm... She wouldnt call at this time of morning unless something was wrong... Played the message and she said "A plane hit the world trade center..... Then ANOTHER plane hit the OTHER tower..... I think its terrorists...".

Sat there and watched the whole thing play out...

Im still pissed.

I was at an Acura NSX track at Thunderhill in Nor Cal with my future wife.

We heard the reports on the radios and left.

Driving home to Los Gatos (100 miles or so) was surreal, there were no cars on the road.

Then we saw the impact of what had actually happened, I'll never forget it.

A friend of a friend missed the Boston flight....

I was standing about 200 feet away from the base of the World Trade centers watching the first one burn when the second plane hit. I lived on the corner of Rector and Greenwich. I lost my apartment and my neighbor hood. I still have nightmares.

I was standing about 200 feet away from the base of the World Trade centers watching the first one burn when the second plane hit. I lived on the corner of Rector and Greenwich. I lost my apartment and my neighbor hood. I still have nightmares.

:shock:

I was driving to work listening to a cd so I never heard any of it on the radio when it actually happened and when I got to work there were people crying and it just seemed unbelievable!

Wow! I couldnt imagine! Be glad your still here to talk about it!

Was at work in the FAA regional office right by JFK airport when I heard some coworkers speculating on rumors, around 8:45.

We went to the cafeteria and saw the second plane hit live on TV...quite surreal. Eventually we went upstairs to a conference room where we saw the first building collapse and a woman started crying as it happened and left the room, seemingly like she knew someone in there.

Shortly thereafter most employees were sent home. I wonder what was going on with the execs on the 5th floor as this happened...

Was supposed to fly to Washington DC around noon that day so I was lucky that got canceled. My coworker who went the day before didn't get back to NYC for a few days.

Ironically it was one of the most gorgeous days I could recall weather wise...

Damn bro, sorry to hear....I could only imagine the drama being 1000 fold compared to the outer boroughs.

Tell us more about the drama if you feel up to it.

It was probably around 6 am I found out about it. I was in grade 11 finishing up a school project before school started at 8:30.

Aired only once by Budweiser, still brings a tear to my eyes. And like Romandad said... I'm still pissed.

Same...

In Virginia getting ready to go to Dulles for the flight out with the wife and kids, from our New York vacation. Visited the Trade Center 2 days prior , we were stranded back due to flight restrictions that whole week. Later that night we drove to see the Pentagon on fire.

I just settled in NZ for about two month, Didn't understand what was going on at the start due to my poor english, All I know was two planes hit the the world trade center.

Until today, I still don't get it, Why these people want to fxxk over the Americans? Reasons? or Are they just Crasy?

I had an aunt who lived in Alexandria, VA and worked in DC. She was on the metro (subway) UNDER THE PENTAGON when it was hit. She felt and heard the explosion but everyone on the Metro was OK. They actually proceeded to the next station without a problem and she didn't know what had happened until a little later.

I can't imagine. :shock:

Do I remember???

I could walk you to the exact spot in my high school, I was sitting in my U.S. History class (slightly ironic) and one of the other teachers poked his head in and just said "you might want to turn on the news" so my teacher got up and turned on CNN just as the tv clicked on the second plane hit. Alot of people didnt grasp the level of what was going on but for me especially it hit home really hard because i have always known i wanted to be a pilot and the thought that people could do so much harm to the place I love with the profession I love really sent me reeling. I still to this day think back to it and get shivers and swear steam shoots out my ears because i get so pissed off.

Aired only once by Budweiser, still brings a tear to my eyes. And like Romandad said... I'm still pissed.

I guess... Regardless of what it is honoring, it's still a commercial. If it was only to air once, I personally would have left the logo out of the end. It felt like it was still trying to capitalize on the event.

I just settled in NZ for about two month, Didn't understand what was going on at the start due to my poor english, All I know was two planes hit the the world trade center.

Until today, I still don't get it, Why these people want to fxxk over the Americans? Reasons? or Are they just Crasy?

Yes. They are crazy. But its not just the Americans they want to kill. Or even the Americans and the Jews. Its the Americans, the jews, The Kenyans, the Tanzanians, The Somalis, The Algerians, the Spaniards, the British, the Indonesians, the Australians, the afghanis, the Iraqis, the Saudis, the Egyptians, the phillipinos, the Russians, The Sudanese, the Shiites, the Indians and every body else who doest share their particular radicalized sect of islam. They are at War with civilization.

Yes. They are crazy. But its not just the Americans they want to kill. Or even the Americans and the Jews. Its the Americans, the jews, The Kenyans, the Tanzanians, The Somalis, The Algerians, the Spaniards, the British, the Indonesians, the Australians, the afghanis, the Iraqis, the Saudis, the Egyptians, the phillipinos, the Russians, The Sudanese, the Shiites, the Indians and every body else who doest share their particular radicalized sect of islam. They are at War with civilization.

Even the Afghanis?? I thought they were from there too, So What they belive in?

Sorry bit out of the topic.

I was directly across the street ( cortdlant st ) getting ready for a regular trading day. Our windows got blown out everyone grabed there client books and ran. Terrible day

R.I.P