Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are really this dumb? This has got to be fake.

Getting ready to leave Spain to go to Norway for a bit and unplugged my water heater to find this. Seems like it could have ended badly. Very odd it hasn't tripped any fuses. Is there any chance of damage to wires inside wall or should it be ok to replace outlet and water heater?

post-8895-1409058039_thumb.jpg

post-8895-1409058063_thumb.jpg

there is GREAT risk of damaged wires inside wall. First thing to do you should cut that fuse off and that wall socket should be taken out and changed and then you'll see and TEST with meter if there is wire damage. It has surely had shortage with either loose wires, broken connector/ shieds or what looks to me most propable cause is it has had some liquid inside, being attached to WATER heater that is easy to happen.. Propably best to use electrician for this. I could not get good sleep without going through all the sockets and being very curious of the healt of the and have new water heater.

When wire inside wall heats it melts it's cover and if the non covered wire then touches something that leads electricity you can wait for problem.

Getting ready to leave Spain to go to Norway for a bit and unplugged my water heater to find this.

fvcking Ebola... ;)

there is GREAT risk of damaged wires inside wall. At least you should cut that fuse off and that wall socket should be taken out and changed and then you'll see and TEST with meter if there is wire damage. It has had small short with either loose wires, broken connector/ shieds or what looks to me most propable cause is it has had some liquid inside. Propably best to use electrician for this.

Don't think it's from water. I haven't seen any leaks and it's been sunny every day here for the past 2.5 months I've been here. Will be nice to see some rain again in Norway lol. Going to turn off the fuse for that outlet and notify maintenance so they can come fix. I think the water heater is fubar as I noticed years ago that the actual cord would get a little warmer than ambient temperature, but it's obviously never done this before.

Don't think it's from water. I haven't seen any leaks and it's been sunny every day here for the past 2.5 months I've been here. Will be nice to see some rain again in Norway lol. Going to turn off the fuse for that outlet and notify maintenance so they can come fix. I think the water heater is fubar as I noticed years ago that the actual cord would get a little warmer than ambient temperature, but it's obviously never done this before.

Yeah thats all bad news. Get it checked right away and I would plan on replacing the water heater, it sounds like it could be shorting internally and causing a huge amp draw. I'm surprised it didn't pop the breaker yet.

If you are like me you will watch that again and when you do you will love the shock wave pushing through just after the eruption.

UCI Downhill world championship. Guy broke his ankle (required surgery) when he overshot that last jump but still finished the run.

Balls out!

UCI Downhill world championship. Guy broke his ankle (required surgery) when he overshot that last jump but still finished the run.

Balls out!

Even though the ending sucked was still the most action packed race I've seen. Bummed Sam Hill didn't manage to stay on his bike too.

josh.jpg

josh_1.jpg

josh_3.jpg

Ouch!

I just had a somewhat similar incident myself but with much less action, since I was only in an amateur XC-race and had a stupid crash. Had ~4 painful kilometers left of the track when my arm broke.

Post surgery x-rays made me say damn.

post-8605-1410288178_thumb.jpg

post-8605-1410288189_thumb.jpg