Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

Stellar post. What is your point besides making a boob out of yourself?

How did he make a boob out of himself? Let me guess, because he doesnt agree with you and is not jumping in on the same dog pile that you and all your buddies are. I dont care what Shadowguy did or did not do, but for you to insult a guy for simply telling his experience with said tuner, makes YOU look like the boob to me. Wether you are the Moderator or not, let this guy tell his experience, as God knows everyone else that has NO experience with the guy has said anything and everything. Let people that have had direct contact with the guy post the facts and let us all make our own minds as to what we think after reading the facts. I am not defending shadowguy. I for one would just like to read the facts. The good and the bad and make up my own mind. Get tired of all the "fag this and douche that". Can we not talk like adults here? Just sayin....

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did he make a boob out of himself? Let me guess, because he doesnt agree with you and is not jumping in on the same dog pile that you and all your buddies are. I dont care what Shadowguy did or did not do, but for you to insult a guy for simply telling his experience with said tuner, makes YOU look like the boob to me. Wether you are the Moderator or not, let this guy tell his experience, as God knows everyone else that has NO experience with the guy has said anything and everything. Let people that have had direct contact with the guy post the facts and let us all make our own minds as to what we think after reading the facts. I am not defending shadowguy. I for one would just like to read the facts. The good and the bad and make up my own mind. Get tired of all the "fag this and douche that". Can we not talk like adults here? Just sayin....

some of the posts in this thread 100% confirm that this world is full of fools, no matter how dodgy one is they will always manage to fool some idiot out of his/her money so the rest of us that have half a brain can draw our own conclusions and stay away from Shadyman like businessmen.

I think it is futile to try to convince the rest of the fools of the right and wrong, they will only learn when their pocket will have a large hole in it, unfortunately this is how it works.

With the number of fools spiraling out of control, I am willing to bet my bottom dollar that this shady character Shadowman will be up and running again before his valium wears off.

You haven't read enough facts in 28 pages of posts? We would have locked the thread long time ago if we wanted to censor what was being written and that applies to your stupid comments.

You are entitled to your opinion and i couldn't care less if you agree with me or not. If you can't see the difference between what is right and wrong then you are just as much of a moron as the other turkeys who chimed in to defend Shadowman's sleazy behaviour.

No wonder the world is going to shit.

You haven't read enough facts in 28 pages of posts? We would have locked the thread long time ago if we wanted to censor what was being written and that applies to your stupid comments.

You are entitled to your opinion and i couldn't care less if you agree with me or not. If you can't see the difference between what is right and wrong then you are just as much of a moron as the other turkeys who chimed in to defend Shadowman's sleazy behaviour.

No wonder the world is going to shit.

Wow. As a visitor here from the M5Board, the level of maturity and discourse on this forum is stunning. I thought I'd share my first hand experience with you guys, and I get name-calling and insults hurled back at me.

Do you have any first-hand experience with Discovery? Any first-hand knowledge of the situation? So everything you read on the internet is 'fact'? My experience doesn't fit with your biased view and I'm 'stupid' and a 'boob'? When another member questions this, he's 'stupid' also?

Classy.

'Moderators' should be setting the example and tone. Words like 'respect' and 'maturity' come to mind. You certainly are doing well to show your colors. Congrats.

Dave

Problem is I have put the facts in itemised form and none of the pro Shadow lot care to respond but instead focus on someone calling them a boob. That says a hell of a lot more to me...

Problem is I have put the facts in itemised form and none of the pro Shadow lot care to respond but instead focus on someone calling them a boob. That says a hell of a lot more to me...

exactly

'Moderators' should be setting the example and tone. Words like 'respect' and 'maturity' come to mind. You certainly are doing well to show your colors. Congrats.

Dave

Let me set an example and tone for you.

Go piss up a rope.

Now... Do you have any facts with regard to this particular incident? Did you witness it? Are you one of the parties?

If not, you have nothing but OPINION to add yourself. The fact that you may have done business with one of the parties is irrelevant to the case at hand. Scott Peterson didnt kill every woman he ever met... But I wouldnt let my daughter date him.

Here are the FACTS as they are UNDISPUTED:

Shadowman had a customers automobile.

Shadowman CRASHED that automobile.

Shadowman is trying to avoid any legal or moral responsibility for the loss.

From those facts most of this board have the OPINION "Thats a shitty thing to do, and I wouldn't use a shop that did such a thing." And you apparently have the opinion "Thats how a shop should operate."

Nobody is saying that Shadowman INTENTIONALLY crashed the car. But he is certainly AT FAULT as HE WAS in care and control of the vehicle and it was destroyed through no fault of the actual owner. Res Ipsa Loquitur. The Thing Speaks for itself. You think the OWNER is at fault? The OWNER should bear the burden of the loss? WHY? He wasnt driving. So that cant be it... The only explanation is "He was negligent in trusting a dumbass like shadowman with his car in the first place." So which is it?

You came here to basically say "OF COURSE HE LIED ABOUT IT... OTHERWISE HE WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGES." As if standing up and taking responsibility for ones actions is an impossible standard to meet. Or that carrying insurance is too much of a burden. How about this: If he cant afford to stand behind his actions, HE SHOULDN'T BE IN BUSINESS.

And since you brought up TRUE COLORS, this stance makes you look like an absolute idiot, and with all due respect, a complete asshole, so forgive us when we point that out. ("yeah, I was hired to babysit your toddler, and yeah, I was banging my girlfriend when he was drinking the drano... So of course I said he was kidnapped, otherwise, Id be in trouble!)

I dont care how great a guy is at tuning cars... If he has no insurance and runs away from his mistakes, and leaves his customers to pick up the pieces of HIS mistakes, I wont be using him.

Guest Rob Burgundy

I love all these douche bag 1 and 2 posters showing up from other boards trying to lecture the members here about our conduct like were supposed to sugar coat things in the way they are said so everyone else feels warm and fuzzy inside. For any new dildos that decide to sign up let me save you the trouble and I feel comfortable saying I speak for most of the members here when I say we could care less what you have to say about this,were shaking our head and laughing as we read your post and I use the term "read" lightly,SKIM is a much better word and kindly climb back into the hole you crawled out of you insignifi-CUNTS.

I had a similar incident with one of my boats. My insurance got stuck paying damage as the broker that had the accident was over 25 miles from his business so it was out of his coverage area. My insurance company filed suit against him and his business and he was held responsible to compensate my insurance company.

This guy will not get away scott free. The other insurance company is going to want their $$ back.

Don't worry, this guy will get his for not having insurance.

I had a similar incident with one of my boats. My insurance got stuck paying damage as the broker that had the accident was over 25 miles from his business so it was out of his coverage area. My insurance company filed suit against him and his business and he was held responsible to compensate my insurance company.

This guy will not get away scott free. The other insurance company is going to want their $$ back.

Lube, who was it?

Let me add, It sucks that someone has to go through all of this because someone was either too cheap or too irresponsible to have insurance coverage for his business. Dealing with high dollar vehicles is even more of a reason to have adequate coverage.

I am a new poster and want to stay in good standing!

Let me add, It sucks that someone has to go through all of this because someone was either too cheap or too irresponsible to have insurance coverage for his business. Dealing with high dollar vehicles is even more of a reason to have adequate coverage.

You dont have to agree to stay in good standing. Just dont sound like you have your head up your ass when you disagree and you'll be fine.

So far, Ive yet to hear a RATIONAL argument as to why Shadowman's behavior is kosher. "Ive dealt with him and he didnt screw me" while nice, isnt really a rational excuse for his behavior in this instance.

But worse, the argument is extended to "he didnt screw me, so youre a bad person for talking about the time he did screw somebody." Which is so logically flawed as to skate the border of mental retardation.

Guest SP_LOTTA MURCI

lol if that's the case the mods are going to have fun with you! j/k enjoy LP :eusa_dance:

Let me set an example and tone for you.

Go piss up a rope.

....you look like an absolute idiot, ....a complete asshole ....

Now... Do you have any facts with regard to this particular incident? Did you witness it? Are you one of the parties?

Wow, another moderator tripping all over himself to pile on name-calling, sarcasm, and ridicule. Classy.

I don't pretend to have first hand knowledge of the events. I never said I did. That is why I didn't log on to 'respond' to specifics. I have no interest in answering to specifics of a situation I have no direct involvement in or knowledge of. It would serve no point, just as 90% of the posts in this thread serve no point other than rabid trash talk and effigy burning. But it is also clear to me that few, if any, of you foaming-at-the-mouth haters have actually dealt with Bill and Discovery first hand. As someone who has, I added my voice, merely to report on my direct experience, which has been extremely positive. This doesn't fit with the theme of this thread, so I'm a douche bag, a dildo, and idiot, an asshole, and... yada yada.. zzzz.

.....and I use the term "read" lightly,SKIM is a much better word and kindly climb back into the hole you crawled out of you insignifi-CUNTS.

Ouch. You got me. Where's the curled up and crying in the fetal position emoticon!

I think you guys could use a bit creativity like this in your invective. There is only so far 'douch bag' can go.. : )

Cheers

Dave

Ouch. You got me. Where's the curled up and crying in the fetal position emoticon!

I think you guys could use a bit creativity like this in your invective. There is only so far 'douch bag' can go.. : )

Cheers

Dave

Dave can you please prove to us that you are not completely retarded by logically explaining to us the relevance to the current situation of your positive experience with the tuner?

People are calling you names because you are being annoying and seem too dumb to get it.

Let me give you an extreme scenario so you better understand our frustration with you:

a vicious murdered caught red handed confessed to the murder is on trial, you stand up and claim that he was nice to you and you have no idea why everyone is so angry with him,

what do you think the reaction of the people witnessing your comments would be??

Would't they:

A. think that you are the sharpest tool in the shed?

B. think that you are an absolute imbecile??

in order to make things less complicated please chose A or B

Wow, another moderator tripping all over himself to pile on name-calling, sarcasm, and ridicule. Classy

Please tell me English isn't your first language because if it is the only excuse you have for not understanding our point is that you are just plain dumb.

For someone who is so hung up on class to condone your buddy's CLASSY BEHAVIOUR is beyond comprehension but then again you have pretty much made it clear to us that you are indeed clueless.

Dave can you please prove to us that you are not completely retarded by logically explaining to us the relevance to the current situation of your positive experience with the tuner?

Maybe I should have written it slower for you. Nobody here apparently has any direct experience with the tuner. I do.

The title of this thread is ''STAY THE fcuk AWAY FROM!!!!!!" which appears to be based on his lack of business insurance rather than his technical competence.

Ok, we get it.

After 28 pages, I'd say this message has been ground into absurdity. Well you can keep grinding away at that tired refrain, but does the tuner actually know what he is doing technically? Does he provide good customer service? Does anybody here even have any direct experience with the tuner?

So I guess your argument is that this is irrelevant. If you are going to do the lemming thing and pile on the character assassination bandwagon, why not go the full monty and consider something other than this single situation?

If I'm a member here being told to "STAY THE fcuk AWAY FROM!!!!!!" Discovery Automotive, I might want a bit more to make up my mind than the ravings of foaming-at-the-mouth haters regurgitating the same bile. If you don't think so, perhaps you don't hold much respect for your members at large either.

Cheers

Dave

I'm sitting at IHOP with my son. People sitting around me think I'm insane because I'm literally laughing out loud as I read this.

This thread is better than a night at the Improv.

Maybe I should have written it slower for you. Nobody here apparently has any direct experience with the tuner. I do.

The title of this thread is ''STAY THE fcuk AWAY FROM!!!!!!" which appears to be based on his lack of business insurance rather than his technical competence.

Ok, we get it.

After 28 pages, I'd say this message has been ground into absurdity. Well you can keep grinding away at that tired refrain, but does the tuner actually know what he is doing technically? Does he provide good customer service? Does anybody here even have any direct experience with the tuner?

So I guess your argument is that this is irrelevant. If you are going to do the lemming thing and pile on the character assassination bandwagon, why not go the full monty and consider something other than this single situation?

If I'm a member here being told to "STAY THE fcuk AWAY FROM!!!!!!" Discovery Automotive, I might want a bit more to make up my mind than the ravings of foaming-at-the-mouth haters regurgitating the same bile. If you don't think so, perhaps you don't hold much respect for your members at large either.

Cheers

Dave

Here's the problem with your logic. You keep calling us "haters". A " hater" as I understand the term, is somebody who dislikes somebody or something for irrational reasons. Jealousy. Bias. Prejudice.

I personally have no dog in this fight. I don't know EITHER party. All I have is the statements (both the complaints and responses or lack thereof to those complaints) from the parties. I suspect that's the case for 90 percent of the posters. We don't like or dislike either party. We have no prior opinion of either, either positively or negatively, and our opinions are formed STRICTLY on the behavior they have exhibited here and in other communications.

We call this state of neutrality being UNBIASED. And we as a society generally trust the judgments of UNBIASED individuals over those of people who have prior relationships with somebody. The fact that you have previous experience with shadowguy (who I had literally never heard of before this thread) doesn't make your opinion more valuable. In fact it makes it less so. Which is the reason if this were to come to trial YOU would be specifically excluded from being a juror. BECAUSE you are the one with the bias thayt clouds your judgment.

If I'm a member here being told to "STAY THE fcuk AWAY FROM!!!!!!" Discovery Automotive, I might want a bit more to make up my mind than the ravings of foaming-at-the-mouth haters regurgitating the same bile. If you don't think so, perhaps you don't hold much respect for your members at large either

So

You take your car to your tuner, he smacks it up and then tells you it wasn't his fault as he was merely driving on an empty road and the car took off on him. He was the driver but it was the car's fault but that's not all of it. He is not insured because it costs too much to buy insurance to make sure his clients are covered and he is small guy who just wants to help people.

You tell him : NO PROBLEM . My insurance company will take care of it and if there is an increase in premium i will absorb it because you are such a good tuner and you charge me very little for the work that you do.

As a matter of fact, i will call up all by buddies and tell them to specifically deal with you becuase shit happens and when it does you will make sure not to take any responsibility for anything except for sending you a bill for work that was performed on your car.

And that in your eyes is class or responsible behaviour.

I give up.

Well you can keep grinding away at that tired refrain, but does the tuner actually know what he is doing technically? Does he provide good customer service?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

A- He may be a technical God

B- He has no insurance on My Vehicle in his sole possession.

If B is True, A is irrelevant to me.

He isn't an employee on my payroll which I'm required to insure, it's his business, his income, and this needs to be factored in as an expense.

It's coming to the point where I would all but want a performance bond before handing over the keys.