Uncute Story of the Day

Destructo

http://www.fox40.com/ktxl-americanflagbike...78528.htmlstory

Like the Grandfather says, of all the times to bring it up. What a shame.

School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike

Elissa Harrington

FOX40 News

November 12, 2010

DENAIR -

13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was asked told to take it down.

A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.

"In this country we're supposed to be free," said Cody. "And I should be able to wave my flag wherever I want to. And they're telling me I can't."

Cody's grandfather says the school was concerned about racial tensions or uprisings because of the flag. He feels if there was really a problem it should have been brought up two months ago, not during Veterans week.

"No action should be taken. We don't want any repercussion," said Roger. "We just want Cody to be proud of what he's doing."

I really don't understand why non-American people should be offended by the American flag in America.

EVEN if someone is trying to use it to bother people, the people should not let it bother them.

Don't take it down... see what they do. Blow it up over the news, let the people start calling in, take some freedom back, IMO.

Utter bullshit. What about freedom of expression? Besides, it's not like he is flying a nazi flag or confederate flag, it is the flag of our country.

I would fight this.

The gutless prey on the weak, and in this case its a child and his pride for his family and country. Sad day for sure.

Why is it because a couple kids bitch about it, they ruin it for everyone who doesnt care. fcuk'em, you dont like it, go somewhere else......

Jeez...this is sad. What is this country coming to....?

It just dawned on me how privileged I was when for one week I was responsible for putting the flag up and down the flag pole in the front of our school. We learned how to fold the flag, etc. This was in my younger years (6th grade I think) but it gave me great pride to be an American at that time all the children wanted the oppty to do the same. How times have changed!!!

This shit infuriates me beyond all. If you find the American flag offensive, GET THE fcuk OUT

:iamwithstupid:

I can't even imagine living in another country and complaining about seeing their flag.

If you move here and don't want to learn the language and customs, fine I can live with that. when you tell me not to fly my county's flag, go fcuk yourself and ship back to the 3rd world shithole you came from.

Racial tension for flying the flag of your country that you LIVE in? What the fcuk, seriously. Who are the idiots running that school? Too bad 4 chan didn't get ahold of that :lol:

Racial tension for flying the flag of your country that you LIVE in? What the fcuk, seriously. Who are the idiots running that school? Too bad 4 chan didn't get ahold of that YET :lol:

Fixed it for ya :icon_thumleft:

Get Bill O'Reilly on 'em!

If he was a Mexican kid riding with a Mexican flag on the back of his bike, and he was told to take it down, I wonder what the reaction then would be...?

This shit infuriates me beyond all. If you find the American flag offensive, GET THE fcuk OUT

:iamwithstupid:

that is disgusting, if my kid was stopped from carrying the flag I would dress him from top to bottom in USA flag apparel and send him to school.

When you are a guest in my house you play by my rules if not your ass will be parked in a hotel in no time :icon_mrgreen: