My Christmas Present

Roman

So here it is... “Roman’s Landing”. Its 26.5 acres, with a 3.5 acre man made lake with a dock, and diving board. The lake is stocked with Blue Gill And Bass...“there aint no catfish in that lake”. Im not sure what the hell that means, but it sure sounded important to my wifes cousin.

Wild turkey and whitetail deer run free on the property. I haven’t seen any geese or ducks yet but I know they are in the area. I’ve also seen coons and foxes, and a guy down the road has a pet Bison.

Its actually comprised of two parcels, a 16 acre to the north and a 10.5 acre to the south. Its hard to see from the photos but the 10 acre falls into a fairly steep and long running ravine which will make a great gun range for my toys- I should be able to get out to about 550 yards without ever leaving my property.

The perimeter of both properties is just shy of 1 mile around.

One side of the property is a third of a mile long.

It is 1,154,340 square feet.

128,260 Square Yards

107,241 square meters

10.7 Hectares

You can easily fit the Michigan Wolverines Stadium in that space. Or three Rose Bowls.

Its about 5 minutes or so from the freeway, and 25 minutes or so from Louisville KY. Just a few miles from my wifes family and the local town. The top of the property is on a hill so at night it has a view of the local town lights to the north.

Its absolutely one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen.

Here it is from 25 miles up... I really like how you can still see green inside the lines...

RL_25_Miles_w_lousiville2.jpg

Here is 11 miles

RL_11Miles.jpg

Here is the full aerial

RL_4000_2006_1.jpg

And from the ground....

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great property, congrats !

Planning on building a house?

Someday.

I have been dreaming of buying some acreage near me for a gun range. Looks like you're a step ahead of me! Congrats..looks great!

Guest Rob Burgundy

That is seriously so cool! We will have to have a L power blow shit up meet someday!

Beautiful..... And for you to say this means more than anything:

"Its absolutely one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen."

What a great place to raise kids or watch grandkids play.

Best of luck to you and all the Romans

Great place. :)

We have a newly purchased getaway farm/ranch about an hour south/east of Cincinnati in KY.

Seems to be the thing to do these days.

Congrats! I think every man needs someplace he can shoot, burn, or explode shit to his heart's content. I enjoy a little retreat up in the Pocono Mts of PA for such activities, but I suppose Indiana shall suffice.

About $300,000 :lol2:

:lol2: What does that $300,000 buy?

Its a 3.5 acre LAKE.... Its three times bigger than SHAMOO's Pool at Sea fcuking world.... I have no idea how deep it is, but I bet its pretty deep considering I saw it during the middle of summer... during a drought....

:lol2: What does that $300,000 buy?

Its a 3.5 acre LAKE.... Its three times bigger than SHAMOO's Pool at Sea fcuking world.... I have no idea how deep it is, but I bet its pretty deep considering I saw it during the middle of summer... during a drought....

Add a "0". Leave it alone, natural beauty, can't beat it!

Pretty sweet property! My vote is to leave the lake alone and have some fun fishing with your boy! Maybe grab a 4 wheeler or 2 to roam around on, camp, mountain bike, all that outdoor stuff. Congrats and enjoy!

All this talk about Kentucky has me jonesing for that show "Justified"!

This brings up so many awesome images in my mind

I shit you not.... Our first time out to the property we come around this bend in the road and there next to a fence are two or three of the things.... My wife screams "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE BULLS!" "No honey... Those are buffalo."

american_bison_45961.jpg

So we asked the cousin and sure enough... Theyre pets. And I guess a few years ago some jackass shot one of them....

Ill try to get some photos next time were there.

ahh what a cudly creature.

Theyre about a dozen feet long and weigh over a ton.... And they run fast as hell and have big ass horns.... "Cuddly?"

Congrats on a beautiful property. KY is a great state. I bet you will enjoy the gun laws of KY more than CA. :icon_thumleft:

I know I prefer those I deal with in NH than I do in MA. :lol2:

Have the talks with architects begun yet? Or are you still just sketching ideas on your own?

Congrats on a beautiful property. KY is a great state. I bet you will enjoy the gun laws of KY more than CA. :icon_thumleft:

I know I prefer those I deal with in NH than I do in MA. :lol2:

Have the talks with architects begun yet? Or are you still just sketching ideas on your own?

I've got a pretty advanced home design program. I'm on revision number 40. I've shown what we have to a builder and he said "I could build straight from these".