HALL of SHAME - DIRTBAG Lambo owners

Andrew R.

So remember the Lambo OC run that we did last February? We talked about a lot on LP about putting on a run to break up the winter a little bit... and the LP Lambo owners came out in force... and we had a GREAT time!

So we (myself and a couple others) put this together. We had a cool start location, donuts, bagels, coffee, juice, soda, etc etc.. did a great route and then ended up at a restaurant and had lunch.

We did the following to make this happen:

-Did leg work to connect all the dots

-Paid for the snacks/drinks at start

-Got Toll-Road passes so everyone could drive through w/o stopping

-Paid for parking at the destination restaurant

-Paid for a couple plates of appetizers at the restaurant

-Etc,etc,etc... and this was done with no sponsors, and just a few people willing to put out a couple hundred each so we could all have fun together... and it was worth it... we all had a great time.

A minor problem that happened was that we only had 50 Toll Road passes and 59 lambos on the drive, so a few of us went without and either paid at the Toll, or drove through with the expectation of dealing with the Toll Road people later. (the toll road people told us to give them plate numbers of anyone with our group that got citations and they would try to help)

So the run happens and at the destination we collected the transponders... we ended up about 5 short. Ok, no big deal.... I expected to lose a few of them. So after the run we sent out an email to everyone asking if anyone ended up with one of them, and if they could please return it. No one replied.

So we paid the fees, etc etc.

Well, this month I was notified by the Toll Road company that the missing transponders had been used here and there since February!! (some of them once a few times, and some of them used a lot!)

2 Gallardo owners & 2 Diablo owners. Yes, I know exactly who they are... the Toll Road company gave me the license plate #s, which are the same as on the car when they did the run with us. Non of these guys are frequent LP posters, but I know 3 of them to be here on once in a while.

Net result: a few of us organized a nice event... and a few people took advantage of us during and after the event.

Is this the end of the lambo world as we know it? Of course not... I am just shocked that there were 4 class-less people on the run with us. (there is always 1 as they said... but 4? Come on.)

Am I out of line for being aggravated by this?!?!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on that run and it was a lot of fun. Andrew you and the other guys did a fantastic job of organizing it. Thank you for also pitching in your own money to make it happen. Very cool. As for the transponders, playing devils advocate here are you sure whoever took them just assumed they could use them whenever they wanted? It might be an innocent mistake. And no I didnt take one!

gLA, yeah I hear ya... but I dont think this was a mistake...

Joy and I asked every person when we arrived at the destination for them... and then post event we sent everyone an email asking for them back if they had one. (these 4 people were in fact on that email.. I triple checked)

And.. why would I buy people who attended this event "life time toll road transponders" to use? LOL :)

Wait a minute gLA.. what is your plate number???? hahaha just kidding.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Have you tried talking directly to the people responsible about this? That would be my first step..

Well, I just had to ask. Totally not cool. I'm sure you'll be able to handle getting them back and any out of pocket expenses if you've got their PM's. The Lambo world is a small place

gLA, yeah I hear ya... but I dont think this was a mistake...

Joy and I asked every person when we arrived at the destination for them... and then post event we sent everyone an email asking for them back if they had one.

And.. why would I buy people who attending this event "life time toll road transponders" to use? LOL :)

Yes, of course I am going to be contacting them! When I look at who these guys were, two of them I guess didnt surprise me.

I am just venting because I was pretty shocked to learn who didnt give them back, and that they have been using them!

I doubt that any of these guys where using these on accident! LOL

The money aspect doesnt bother me much at all... it wasnt that much... I just feel a little insulted that people would take advantage of a fun day with lambo friends.

**** This does get special attention **********

I told most of the group that if they had any trouble with the Toll roads on the run, or if they were cited, let me know and I will try to resolve it for them with the person I know at the Toll Road company....

Webster got a citation and emailed me about it... I tried to get it resolved but could not. So, I told Webster that I would pay for it because he brought two cars on the run, and didnt want the bad press on the event that someone got screwed by the Toll Road company that did in fact have a transponder in their car.

Webster replied and said something like "no way man, you guys put on a great event and didnt charge.. there is no way I would accept you paying for it."

Anyway, WEBSTER IS AN A-1 FIRST CLASS GUY. (it's been said before.. but Webster is truly one of the MANY cool guys on LP)

I suggest you delete this thread, get the toll company to cancel the transponders, and let those losers get violations every time they pass through the toll road (oblivious till they get the fines in the mail).

I've had to deal with crap like this since day one of organizing events. It's really sad, but unfortunately it's part of it.

Just make notes of who they were and confront IN PERSON at the next event.

Damn. Sounds like you put on a great event, and to have a few people pull some crap like that is pretty low.

Hope you can get it resolved without much mud slinging.

Dont get me wrong guys.. the event was AWESOME because of everyone that attended... And let's face it.. a MIRACLE happened at this event!! RoyToy and AllanLambo are talking again!!!! LOL (never thought that day would come)

(just airing a little frustration... I honestly did not expect this, again, not a big deal.. just lack of class)

Am I out of line for being aggravated by this?!?!

No.... Youre not at all out of line....

You are not out of line at all..

I know it cant be me...they dont work up here in Washington LOL LOL

I guess my first question would be..?

Are the Lamborghini Club of America members..?

If not..hell I would cancel the transponders TODAY and send them a collection demand letter, if not paid then let them go to collections..

AND I dont by the story of a mistake...since when did you not relize that a BIG ASS transponder is now in your Lamborghini!!

Hey Andrew,

my friends call me the Cruise Director so i know what you are talking about. unfortunately, it is generally a thankless job when you put stuff like this together. i know that you have to front money for these events and there are plenty of people who commit to follow thru on their promises and DON'T..!

i assume that some of the contacts were made thru this site... so, since we are all adults here, i say call them out... in a respectful way.. the worst that can happen is that the offenders look bad AND they get the bills for canceled transponders.

I'm curious what the toll road people have to say about it?

I believe they are treated like other tickets, if you don't pay it, they will report it to the DMV and the fines will show up on your registration the following year.

Can you maybe have the Toll Road just bill the registered owner of the car and cancel the transponder?

It's too bad the transponders don't explode with ink after a set expiration date! haha

haaaaaaaaaaa... that's even better..

come to chicago this summer for a SuperCar Saturday event and i'll buy you a drink.. !!

or some jet skiing etc,

I dont think youre out of line at all Andrew. It is unbelievable how low class people can be. :rant:

I personally would like to see their names called out as well. I see no reason to protect their names here, let em be called out and post up to explain themselves. It is disqusting me more and more just thinking about it. There is NO excuse for that.

Sorry to hear you were taking advantage of buddy! Hopefully word of this spreads so that other people they meet will know just what scumbags they are.

i'm with roy, cancel today you've clearly made efforts to get them back, so its time to stop hoping they will redeem themselves by handing them back voluntarily.

Glad the event was an awesome get together though

That does suck!

I thought it was so cool that you guys handed out transponders in the first place. I can say for sure it wasn't myself or the yellow Gallardo that came with me or gLA or Kinnsella who took them as I saw us all return them.

It was Kinnsella :thefinger:

That does suck!

I thought it was so cool that you guys handed out transponders in the first place. I can say for sure it wasn't myself or the yellow Gallardo that came with me or gLA or Kinnsella who took them as I saw us all return them.