What did you do today?

topcabron

It matters and could have slowed you down if you were wearing the new Nike running shoes with the concrete shoe laces. They weigh 7lbs each.

They are Reebok Zigtechs.

I put my other pair back on today and did 2.5 miles at 6mph...

Tomorrow Ill get back close to 3 miles

There is a guy that is there every morning too that does 30 minutes at 10.2mph without stopping. EVERY DAY.

I get tired just seeing him do it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are Reebok Zigtechs.

I put my other pair back on today and did 2.5 miles at 6mph...

Tomorrow Ill get back close to 3 miles

There is a guy that is there every morning too that does 30 minutes at 10.2mph without stopping. EVERY DAY.

I get tired just seeing him do it.

That's just nasty. When I ran cross-country we typically trained with a morning run and an afternoon run, something like:

Monday: 2 miles @ 6am. 5 miles at 3pm.

Tuesday: 2 miles @ 6am. 8 miles at 3pm.

Wednesday: 2 miles at 6am. Intervals or something else on the track at 3pm.

Thursday: 3 miles at 6am. 4 miles at 3pm.

Friday: 2 miles at 6am. 5 miles at 3pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Great to see some serious guys on here! Today we did Atlantis...my calves and forearms took a beating but was a gorgeous day to be alive in AZ! Pics/possible video upload of me today (iphone pic/vid):

post-10287-1363478495_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1363478512_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1363478526_thumb.jpg

Atlantis_Base_03_16_2013.mov

Makes my palms sweat just looking at the pics Charlie! Haha. Very, very cool though. I'm going to be taking it easy for a little while...partially tore my LCL thursday night playing soccer.

Today I picked up my new road bike. Doing the London to Brighton this summer and so training starts the weekend coming. Really looking forward to it since I stopped playing football and Rugby now.

Did 3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Thinking im going to go and hit shoulders this afternoon too.

Today I picked up my new road bike. Doing the London to Brighton this summer and so training starts the weekend coming. Really looking forward to it since I stopped playing football and Rugby now.

what did you buy?

Chipster - that SUCKS!

Capt-chaos - love road riding! Post a pic of the road bike!

62687_10151601756544175_1683633185_n.jpg

531670_10151601756444175_1794087279_n.jp

Specialized Allez Elite. Love it and it is going to be such a long week before I can get time and go out for a good long ride.

Need to stick a bigger chainring on it and maybe some new wheels in the summer.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, I've been working out consistently for months now and have seen some great gains in strength and shape.

I've been using muscle milk protein powder for the last two bags I've gotten and I think it's over priced junk.

Tomorrow I want to go stock up on some supplements.

I've been using C4 pre workout and I really like that stuff.

Do you guys have any suggestions for Protein, amino acids,pre/post workouts and anything else you'd suggest I check out?

Rob, monster milk is better than muscle milk but I prefer Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. I get the cake batter flavor and I love it. I don't do any energy or pre-workout boosters so I can't help there. I have switched up my workout and do a lot of 21's instead of going really heavy now. Did another Tough Mudder a week ago!

• 4 weeks later...
Rob, monster milk is better than muscle milk but I prefer Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. I get the cake batter flavor and I love it. I don't do any energy or pre-workout boosters so I can't help there. I have switched up my workout and do a lot of 21's instead of going really heavy now. Did another Tough Mudder a week ago!

Agreed. ON Gold Standard Double Rich Choc is my go-to for sure.

Pre-workout - ON Pre

Post-workout - 2 scoop (50g) ON shake mixed with water

Other supps - CLA, glutamine, and super clean eating.

FYI - OxyElite Pro has been recalled due to liver failure concerns. Tossing my supply now.

Sorry to hear. That's scary. Hope you haven't used it long....

Guys, let's be frank here......what's the real deal with all of these supplements in general? (mainly whey protein).

Talking health wise obviously.....long term.

I think you can do whey protein a few times a week for several months to a year straight probably.....take some breaks, like cycling on/off.

Just can't imagine it would be good for you to take it from your 20s until middle age non stop or something like that.

Can't get something for nothing. The law of life.

What makes you say that?

It's just a refined protein, and most adults don't get nearly enough in their diets.

I pulled this off the interwebs:

The use of whey protein as a source of amino acids and its effect on reducing the risks of diseases such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes is the focus of ongoing research.[3] Whey is an abundant source of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs),[19] which are used to stimulate protein synthesis.[20] In particular, leucine plays a key role in initiating the transcription of protein synthesis.[21] When leucine is ingested in high amounts, such as with whey protein supplementation, there is greater stimulation of protein synthesis, which may speed recovery and adaptation to stress (exercise).[22][23]

Whey protein contains the amino acid cysteine, which can be used to make glutathione. However, this amino acid is not essential for the synthesis of glutathione, and some studies have suggested that the amount of cysteine in the diet may have little effect on glutathione synthesis.[24] However, another study suggested that large amounts of whey protein can increase cellular glutathione levels.[25] Glutathione is an antioxidant that defends the body against free radical damage and some toxins, and studies in animals have suggested that milk proteins might reduce the risk of cancer.[26]