What did you do today?

topcabron

Only risk of protein supplements comes from either using it to replace all/most meals, or the ingestion of copious amounts of artificial sweeteners - IMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only risk of protein supplements comes from either using it to replace all/most meals, or the ingestion of copious amounts of artificial sweeteners - IMO

I like the ones sweetened with Stevia.

I am curious what makes people think whey is unsafe, as in is there something unnatural added, because I always believed it was kind of like like dry milk (just natural stuff)

The only issues I can think of is the heavier load on the liver, hence drinking a lot of water is essential.

For pre workout, I love this quote from Brosciene (youtube) "You stopped worrying about safety at the gym the first time you took your preworkout."

THAT stuff is fucked up, And I've tried them all. Healthier to just chug an espresso.

Chip, why 21's? are they resulting in good size gains? I am looking to get bigger, strength is not an issue due to injuries so I don't want to push it. Going to stick with basically the 8-12 rep range... and open to ideas on upper chest development as mine naturally lags.

Rawr, are you doing the standard power lifts? (squat, deadlift, shoulder and bench press)

I'd say with that as your base, you can legitimately get more gains from the supplemental workouts which any of these bicep/tricep or isolated shoulder exercises are.

Agree with Fellippe - I haven't done a full "arm" isolation workout for bis or tris in months with the way I train now. They're still there...lol

Chip, why 21's? are they resulting in good size gains? I am looking to get bigger, strength is not an issue due to injuries so I don't want to push it. Going to stick with basically the 8-12 rep range... and open to ideas on upper chest development as mine naturally lags.

My roommate and good friend can explain it much better but the 21s are good for form and blood flow or something along that train of thought. I've also started doing drop sets too. I do squat but not heavy and I do feet together squats which are easier on my knees. I have gained about 10 pounds. Strength wise it is harder to tell because I do so much different stuff now which makes it hard to compare. Like I probably do flat bench once or twice a month now so I'm not as used to heavy weight. Although I did put up 315 with no issues on Monday. I feel bigger and have been told I look bigger too. And not going super heavy on stuff, I feel no aches and pains now. I rarely do anything now that is less than 10 reps.

Chip - I do heavy legs sometimes but usually combine-style training and supersets for time. Try this workout next time you do legs. Set the weight accordingly for your own strength, and no rest between exercises. Take 1 min rest between rounds.

5 rounds

standard barbell squat - 12,5,5,5,5 reps

jump rope - 1 minute

4 rounds

barbell lunge - 5 reps each leg

db transverse squat x 10 (step 90* and slightly behind you to accomplish transverse plane, squat, then return to square. Dumbbells are close together between your legs during the movement)

4 rounds

barbell front squat to step up x 5 each leg (deep front squat, then one leg step up onto 30" step = 1 rep)

You will be destroyed.

• 2 months later...

I am currently hovering around the 170-190kg deadlift mark. Trying to crack 200 but things just not working.

Started off well last night but the gym was so packed and some weasel armed arseholes were just lifting 15kg in my space so conscience of dropping the bar.

Any hints and tips?

I am currently hovering around the 170-190kg deadlift mark. Trying to crack 200 but things just not working.

Started off well last night but the gym was so packed and some weasel armed arseholes were just lifting 15kg in my space so conscience of dropping the bar.

Any hints and tips?

My max deadlift is currently at 435lbs. I have recently started doing a 5/3/1 program and hoping that will help take me to the next level. The other day I did a set of 7 reps at 365lbs, and I think I get more out of that than I do just trying to max all the time (like I was doing).

My max deadlift is currently at 435lbs. I have recently started doing a 5/3/1 program and hoping that will help take me to the next level. The other day I did a set of 7 reps at 365lbs, and I think I get more out of that than I do just trying to max all the time (like I was doing).

I am definitely with you on the multi reps part, 7 reps at 150-160KG 330-352Ilbs and then 3 at around 170 makes me feel so much better than the one offs. Just that I keep on getting niggles or technique failure meaning I just cannot break the 200. I am hoping tomorrow afternoon or Sunday I can closer.

I actually find them deeply addictive out of all of the heavy set lifts.

They do everything, bit of legs, core, arms and back and I do think about doing them even whilst sat at my desk at work, I have a dead lift problem.

• 1 month later...

Kettlebell swings are pretty cool.

Took some time to get up there (35-->53-->60), but feels good to get a set of 10 unbroken in the middle of circuit stuff.

Most of it is technique, and like deadlifts, better to start light and get good technique down even if you have the physical muscle to go heavier.

Was running late today so I had to do a quick lift.

6 sets of 10 single arm dumbbell snatches (my favorite movement ever)

6 sets of 8 dumbbell deadlifts

cable crunches

Typically today is leg day as well!

Regarding all of the talk about light weight and higher reps, as long as you are going to failure!

I'm working out on the beach now. So it's a lot of pull-ups dips and push ups. I have a feeling unless I start doing 3-5 sec negatives the body weight alone will not be enoug soon, but so far sun ocean and working out plus chicks walking by is the best gym ever ;)

I'm working out on the beach now. So it's a lot of pull-ups dips and push ups. I have a feeling unless I start doing 3-5 sec negatives the body weight alone will not be enoug soon, but so far sun ocean and working out plus chicks walking by is the best gym ever ;)

Try some different cadence for sure. For example, warmup a bit, then on your working sets of push-ups (or whatever), do a 3,3,3 count. Meaning, down 3 count, hold 3 count, up 3 count. Or you can go 5,2,*, which would be 5 count down, 2 count hold at the bottom, then explosive up (as fast as possible).

You should be good for quite a while with only bodyweight when you do holds and counts like this...

Last summer I started the MFT 28 workout routine by Greg Pitt. It's a lot of super sets so it really helped me lose some weight and get toned.

I put on 10lbs during football season due to a poor diet and have lost 5 since it ended.

I no longer do the full on MFT workout but incorporate some of them into my daily routine.

5'10"

160lbs

Bench: 4 sets of 10. 225lbs

Supplements:

CLA

Glucosamine

Multi vitamin(centrum performance)

Green tea

L-carnitine

Pre workout:

Currently taking bullnox androrush

Was taking nutra bio extreme nitric stack

Intra workout:

Scivation xtend BCAA's

I don't take any protein shakes because I feel like I already consume enough through all my food intake.

I've been back at it since New Years. Was working with a trainer and progressing fast but then badly aggravated an old shoulder injury doing heavy bench. I'm doing work arounds suggested by a buddy who's an orthopedic surgeon and another buddy who's a semi pro bodybuilder.

Went from 3 pull-ups to 21 as part of the workout.

Now just need to make myself do cardio. I hate cardio.

I've been back at it since New Years. Was working with a trainer and progressing fast but then badly aggravated an old shoulder injury doing heavy bench. I'm doing work arounds suggested by a buddy who's an orthopedic surgeon and another buddy who's a semi pro bodybuilder.

Went from 3 pull-ups to 21 as part of the workout.

Raj I'd be curious to hear what you guys came up with as far as workarounds. I still can't do dips properly because of the shoulder.

No need for cardio if the only reason you're doing it is to lose fat. Dial in your diet and increase your workout intensity with compound movements and less rest between sets.

No need for cardio if the only reason you're doing it is to lose fat. Dial in your diet and increase your workout intensity with compound movements and less rest between sets.

^This. I get my cardio while doing my lifting. Keep your heart rate up..you know your heart rate is up there if you have a solid sweat going the whole time.

Dial in your diet like 05LSV said.

^This. I get my cardio while doing my lifting. Keep your heart rate up..you know your heart rate is up there if you have a solid sweat going the whole time.

Dial in your diet like 05LSV said.

:iamwithstupid:

post-679-1396619534.jpg

post-679-1396619542.jpg

Chip - I do heavy legs sometimes but usually combine-style training and supersets for time. Try this workout next time you do legs. Set the weight accordingly for your own strength, and no rest between exercises. Take 1 min rest between rounds.

5 rounds

standard barbell squat - 12,5,5,5,5 reps

jump rope - 1 minute

4 rounds

barbell lunge - 5 reps each leg

db transverse squat x 10 (step 90* and slightly behind you to accomplish transverse plane, squat, then return to square. Dumbbells are close together between your legs during the movement)

4 rounds

barbell front squat to step up x 5 each leg (deep front squat, then one leg step up onto 30" step = 1 rep)

You will be destroyed.

:shock:

post-679-1396619614.jpg